41 minutes ago, BillyAnchor said:

Over a shirt and tie? That is serious old man wear.

My Dad started dressing that way after he retired. After 40-odd years of wearing a tie every day for his work, you'd see him walking to the shops with one on under his sweater. Why? WHY??

Fast forward 20 years and as I type this, I'm wearing a v-necked sweater over a collared shirt. I fear it's only a matter of time before I start wondering if a tie wouldn't complete the ensemble. 

My Dad started dressing that way after he retired. After 40-odd years of wearing a tie every day for his work, you'd see him walking to the shops with one on under his sweater. Why? WHY??
Fast forward 20 years and as I type this, I'm wearing a v-necked sweater over a collared shirt. I fear it's only a matter of time before I start wondering if a tie wouldn't complete the ensemble. 

Give it a go.
What can go wrong?

To clarify - no tie, we’re a “dress down” office.
Have never felt the cold in the office in all the years I’ve been here. Used to scoff at the (primarily) women who would moan in winter or summer. I’m now over 50 and can’t help feeling this is the start of my descent into Moaning-Faced Auld Duffers territory.

9 hours ago, Shotgun said:

A tie always completes the ensemble. 

12 hours ago, get_the_subbies_on said:

I’ve started wearing a jumper in the office and complaining about how cold it is.

Perhaps a zip up sweater is the answer? It's very important to stay warm as you head into deepest Moaning-Faced Auld Duffers territory.

zip.jpg.94c130abc03bf29e37337317cde377dc.jpg

• 1 month later...

It's Auld Duffer territory when you realise you're watching the Vienna New Year's Day concert on tv but worse when you start shouting that the conductor should be wearing traditional jacket, shirt and tie and 'no that purple smock thing'. 

26 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

It's Auld Duffer territory when you realise you're watching the Vienna New Year's Day concert on tv but worse when you start shouting that the conductor should be wearing traditional jacket, shirt and tie and 'no that purple smock thing'. 

It was an excellent concert, enjoyed the wee Beethoven 'tour' that they did.

On 05/11/2019 at 21:34, get_the_subbies_on said:

I’ve started wearing a jumper in the office and complaining about how cold it is. f**k sakes. Is there any hope for me?

Don't fight it.

My work is freezing throughout the winter and a jumper is necessary, unless you keep a jacket on.

I even possess a couple of those pretend shirt/jumper things, where a shirt collar is stitched onto a jumper.  They must have a name - tremendous garments.

21 minutes ago, Silverton End said:

It was an excellent concert, enjoyed the wee Beethoven 'tour' that they did.

It was, but that purple smock, though. Probably brought back bad memories of the far too big jumper Mrs SL bought me a few xmas's ago.

18 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

It was, but that purple smock, though. Probably brought back bad memories of the far too big jumper Mrs SL bought me a few xmas's ago.

You should feel flattered she looks upon you as her "big man".

43 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Don't fight it.

My work is freezing throughout the winter and a jumper is necessary, unless you keep a jacket on.

I even possess a couple of those pretend shirt/jumper things, where a shirt collar is stitched onto a jumper.  They must have a name - tremendous garments.

I'm the least fashionable person on earth and usually let her buy clothes for me when she becomes too ashamed to be seen with me. I've only ever sent her back once, when she turned up with one of these abominations. 

You probably buy packets of shirts and trousers from Asda.