It’s a slippery slope alright. Was in one of those ‘Edinburgh Woolen Mill’ places and saw racks of polyester slacks with 25% off tags. Suddenly found myself browsing through them looking for my size, thinking ‘they’d do for the golf’. Fortunately, I gave myself a virtual punch in the mouth, shook my head, and wandered off. Close call though.

Auld duffers' day of days for me as my car was picked up for a service quite early so I took a bus to Amersham station, train to Aylesbury then train back from Aylesbury to Amersham.  Highlights were:

• Telling a woman about my age that she had skipped the queue for the bus
  • Moaning at the driver that his bus was 15 minutes late
  • Growling "Excuse me" in my gruffest voice as about a dozen wee schoolies tried to get on to the train as I was trying to leave when I got back to Amersham.

What a day to be an auld duffer!

52 minutes ago, MixuFixit said:

I've caught myself looking at cagoules and thinking "here these are good value, I could get one for the wife too" before running screaming. We're never going to be one of those couples.

Sweaters.jpg

It used to be when you were having a pub lunch with mates you'd scoff the whole lot and say something like 'I could go another helping of that'. Now you're more likely to say 'there's a lot of eating in this, I'll no be able for ma tea'.

11 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

It used to be when you were having a pub lunch with mates you'd scoff the whole lot and say something like 'I could go another helping of that'. Now you're more likely to say 'there's a lot of eating in this, I'll no be able for ma tea'.

Going to the pub at lunchtime? Shocking behaviour from the young folk these days.

Not a single one of the current British PhD students (early to mid 20s) in my office have heard of the Fast Show.
This week, I 'ave been mostly eating... bourbon biscuits
YOU AIN'T SEEN ME, RIGHT??

5 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

De Scotzia el futbol muchos bollokos agnopo Ruski petheth ethethetheth mit Glen's vodka. 

Sminki pinki Andre Kanchelskis agnopo dopera filla whiskas. Fulla meaty goodness. 

Scorchio!