We'll live on forever in moaning-faced perpetuity.

Anyway, the wean watched an episode of Filthy Rich & Catflap the other day and had no idea what a milkman was. This is the world we live in.

56 minutes ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

Anyway, the wean watched an episode of Filthy Rich & Catflap the other day and had no idea what a milkman was. This is the world we live in.

maybe the wean could have asked their da'.......:whistle

are there many very hairy babies round your bit Dave?

pat.png.33b12118192ca9a42ba55d1dd9962630.png

1 hour ago, BigFatTabbyDave said:

He had to know who his father was at some stage.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

This thread's been moribund for 3 years, have all we M-FADs died?

Ok, I'll have a go. Had a pint yesterday with my lunch,  at about 3pm. Had nothing else to drink all day.

Went to the Rocks basketball game (5pm doors open), had a pish before it started, another at half time. Another when I got up the road, another at 9pm, and a last one at 11:30 when I went to bed. 

So why was I STILL bursting at 4am? 😡

55 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

He had to know who his grandfather was at some stage.

FTFY

Carol Cleveland had surely rounded up all the milkies by the dawn of the 21st century.

Spoiler

On 09/09/2019 at 13:51, Boghead ranter said:

Ok, I'll have a go. Had a pint yesterday with my lunch,  at about 3pm. Had nothing else to drink all day.

Went to the Rocks basketball game (5pm doors open), had a pish before it started, another at half time. Another when I got up the road, another at 9pm, and a last one at 11:30 when I went to bed. 

I think a new gland opens up in your mid-50s that sucks moisture from the surrounding air.  Sort of like a third eye but with a bus pass.

I’m 58, and have no intention of growing old (in mind)... if I’m dealt a good hand health wise. I was having this conversation with my mate, and using music as a guide to the difference between us and our parents (my mate is 59). We actively seek out new bands, go to gigs, keep up with what’s happening - even if we don’t like it all. Our parents, they were listening to Glenn Miller and stuff from the war, when they were at an age where they could have been going to see the Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks...

It’s our intention to go to our grave never, ever, having said ‘music today is rubbish, you can’t make out the words’.... as my dear old dad said, round about the time I went to my first ever gig, Slade, in 1974.

On 09/09/2019 at 13:51, Boghead ranter said:

Getting similar worries at the moment, during a break from piles problems, so am going to finally allow my doctor to stick his thumb up my arse to check if it's prostrate related. Recently heard that three of my elder cousins have problems, one probably fatal, so time to do the obvious thing.

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

I’m 58, and have no intention of growing old (in mind)... if I’m dealt a good hand health wise. I was having this conversation with my mate, and using music as a guide to the difference between us and our parents (my mate is 59). We actively seek out new bands, go to gigs, keep up with what’s happening - even if we don’t like it all. Our parents, they were listening to Glenn Miller and stuff from the war, when they were at an age where they could have been going to see the Beatles, Stones, Who, Kinks...

It’s our intention to go to our grave never, ever, having said ‘music today is rubbish, you can’t make out the words’.... as my dear old dad said, round about the time I went to my first ever gig, Slade, in 1974.

My Dad is 82 and he DID go see the Stones, Beatles and, in one spectacular gig at Paisley Ice Rink, The Who, Small Faces, Joe Cocker and Arthur Brown.

However he says modern music is rubbish and I agree, even though I listen to BBC 6 most days.

44 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

My Dad is 82 and he DID go see the Stones, Beatles and, in one spectacular gig at Paisley Ice Rink, The Who, Small Faces, Joe Cocker and Arthur Brown.

However he says modern music is rubbish and I agree, because I listen to BBC 6 most days.

FTFY

On 11/09/2019 at 01:06, Arch Stanton said:

However he says modern music is rubbish and I agree, even though I listen to BBC 6 most days.

Being a maany old git, I find 6 Music pisses me off now. Not a big fan of the daytime lineup. I don’t re-tune to another station though.