Whilst every opportunity should be taken to think about Susan Stranks and Jenny Handley I wouldn't class them as being early television icons. Probably a generational thing but my thoughts tend to stray back to the pre-colour TV era, although I have to admit that I am struggling to recall Pat Keysall, Douglas Rae and Mick Robertson. I do of course remember that craggy, roving reporter Fyfe Robertson.

Whilst every opportunity should be taken to think about Susan Stranks and Jenny Handley I wouldn't class them as being early television icons. Probably a generational thing but my thoughts tend to stray back to the pre-colour TV era, although I have to admit that I am struggling to recall Pat Keysall, Douglas Rae and Mick Robertson. I do of course remember that craggy, roving reporter Fyfe Robertson.

Pat Keysell was the "Vision On" presenter - the one that wasn't Tony Hart. She wasn't in the same league as Stranks and Hanley, IMO. And the bestest Blue Peter crumpet was the lovely Janet Ellis, mum of the hamster-cheeked Sophie Ellis Bextor.

Douglas Rae? Nae idea, except to say I'm pretty sure it ain't the chairman of the team I support - even in his prime he'd've been a worse TV presenter than Adrian Chiles. I remember Fyffe Robertson though - dunno why, but years later when "Hector's House" was on Hector always reminded me of dear old Fyffe. Maybe Hector's big lugs reminded me of Fyffe's deerstalker hat or something.

Anyway - Pinky & Perky, Torchy the Battery Boy, Supercar and Fireball XL5. Ohhh, that Venus....... :wub:

On from all the telly stuff!

I have forgotten lots of useful stuff but! this has never left me

Monday - Watch with Mother

Tuesday - Andy Pandy

Wednesday - The Flowerpot Men

Thursday - Rag Tag and Bobtail

Friday - The Woodentops

Sad :(

The Flowerpot Men & Rag Tag and Bobtail were the pick of them. Remember Tales of the Riverbank?

I do believe Tales of the Riverbank replaced RT&B in theThursday slot! Wasn't Watch With Mother the umbrella name for the daily slot, 12.45 to 1, IIRC?

I do believe Tales of the Riverbank replaced RT&B in theThursday slot! Wasn't Watch With Mother the umbrella name for the daily slot, 12.45 to 1, IIRC?

I think you are right re. Watch With Mother.

The Monday slot was Picture Book.

I suppose one wee lapse of memory isn't too bad?

Back to TV: does anyone remember an American sitcom called No Time For Sergeants? It was about the US army. Around the same time as The Addams Family and I Dream of Genie.

Vauguely remember that one, also Car 54 Where Are You about some bungling cops, Mr Ed a talking horse and My Favourite Martian.