Embassy coupons? Were they like the gratis points things you used to get in packs of Regal and a couple other brands?

Came in packs of Embassy and possibly other brands. There was a catalogue you could order things from or I remember a newsagents used to buy them from you.

10210.JPG

Whilst reading some of the earlier posts I thought would add one of my own but I'm buggered if I can remember what it was I was going to write. It'll maybe come back to me later on when I'm making the cocoa.

Has to be Horlicks to be a real MFAD.

Coffee is the annoying one.

Ask for one in a shop and they give you a menu ffs.

Capacrapachinate.? Whit ?

White, 3 sugars, and f**k right off if you want a tip at those prices.

Yep it used to be you just asked for a coffee or some fancy places served esspresso (bubbly milky coffee).

I mind when I was a youngster you could only record 1 programme on your Sky plus box , now you can record three whilst watching a 4th programme on your TiVo box . Bloody kids these days don't know their born

Tomorrows World hadn't even heard of Sky+ but I remember when satellite tv was the big thing to come they said you could make a receiver dish using a dustbin lid.

I can remember when a packet of crisps cost 2 and a half pence.

I can remember when crisps had a wee bag of salt in them.

I remember the commotion when Salt and Vinegar flavoured crisps came out - up till then there was only plain or cheese and onion. Nowadays it's Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar, Sun-Dried Tomato and Pesto, Strawberry and Onion or other poofy flavours.

Life was easier when we only had Golden Wonder or Tudor Crisps to choose from. 3d for plain and 4d for flavoured.

And Bazooka Joe bubble gum, with a little American comic strip that you couldn't make head nor tail of.

I remember the commotion when Salt and Vinegar flavoured crisps came out - up till then there was only plain or cheese and onion. Nowadays it's Sea Salt and Malt Vinegar, Sun-Dried Tomato and Pesto, Strawberry and Onion or other more bouffant flavours.

You may want to bring your post up to date.

Snap!

.......and Green Shield's big rivals, S&H Pink Stamps.

My part-time job in my last two years in school was as a petrol pump attendant at a Texaco petrol station in Greenock, and whenever somebody didn't want the stamps they'd earned filling up the stamps went home with me (plus as many more as I could get away with). Nothing much in the catalogue that appealed to me, so my mum got a very nice big rug out of it.

Aged sixteen, and left from 6 pm till 10 pm in sole charge of a petrol station - unthinkable now. And those were the days when petrol pump attendants actually put the petrol in the car for you rather than hide in a nice warm office with glass screens to keep the punters from getting too close.