Don't you listen to that nasty young man, Grimbo. You just take a pew here in this booth; we've got those nice high seats that don't strain the knees when you need to get up. They're so comfortable, I don't see you ever wanting to leave.

Something tells me you're going to like it here. You're going to like it here a lot :angel

We can but hope that this winter turns out to be one of the coldest on record.

INFILTRATOR ALERT!!!

Cold winters? You don't know what they are.

Take your youthful ways and return to mongoose manor. This thread is for grumpy old b*****ds

Edited by I'm Brian

Fucking love cold weather me, can't wait to don the balaclava & great coat.

There's more chance of these noncey poncey young uns in their overpriced fancy striped pumps & track suits.

I've been working for 35 years & never had a day off on the sick, you show me a 20 yr old who can say the same.

Grimbo

Eta powdered milk in me cocoa nurse, please & can you just bend over & pick up that farthing I've dropped ;)

What's with all this not being allowed to go near the goalie nowadays? Nothing wrong with battering the ball over the line with the goalie still attached.

That's the stuff I miss about the football. If things were not going to plan, Paul Smith would destroy the keeper. Some outfield player would go in goals and he'd spend the rest of the game trying to hospitalise him too. Can't stand teams coming out at the same time either. Much better to get the opponents out first so they can be abused for a while.

At last, somewhere I can belong.

Mind there used to be only 2 TV channels, lot less pish then!

I remember going to the house of one of my dad's pals to watch colour TV. There weren't actually any programmes in colour on, just the test card and films of nature sequences like waterfalls. Riveting. And we ooo'd and aaah'd.

What's with all this not being allowed to go near the goalie nowadays? Nothing wrong with battering the ball over the line with the goalie still attached.

True story (and I've put in on P&B before, but I'm an old guy so don't remember that I have........)......Desmond White (of the Celtic dynasty) played in goal for Queen's Park in the late 1920s. A guy spat in his face as he tried to block the keeper's path to kick the ball up the park, so Dessy punched his coupon. The ref sent off the guy who spat and Des stayed on the park. That's justice. Allowing a goalie to punch anyone who comes near might sort out all this girlie pushing and shoving at corners.