I've starting making aaaaaaahhhhh noises whilst getting out of chairs and pffffff noises whilst getting into them.

It's a slippery slope. 

Have you got hair growing out of your ears and nose at such a rate you could easily be mistaken for a farmer ? That’s another step down that slope.

Also, when as a passenger in a car you start reading out loud, the directional road signs, start looking at nursing homes. It’s a fucking matter of time.

Glasgow 10 miles

Erskine Bridge 3 miles ..... Fuuuuuck

1 hour ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Have you got hair growing out of your ears and nose at such a rate you could easily be mistaken for a farmer ? That’s another step down that slope.

Also, when as a passenger in a car you start reading out loud, the directional road signs, start looking at nursing homes. It’s a fucking matter of time.

Glasgow 10 miles

I'm obviously in the transition period where you also have a hint of youth where you still highlight the contents of fields.

Coos!

Horse

Donkey!!!

... but then you see a hay bale and reminisce about 'hay-jumps' and state how youths are losing out because they're playing on their PlayStation 62 instead of jumping out of trees.

3 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

I've starting making aaaaaaahhhhh noises whilst getting out of chairs and pffffff noises whilst getting into them.

It's a slippery slope. 

2 hours ago, Jumbo Muir said:

Glasgow 10 miles

And having to find somewhere to sit down to put shoes and socks on.

7 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Doing the Harry Worth (not a euph) at shop windows, laughing and not giving a shit if anybody's watching.

😁 I was on a business trip just last week and had 3 young colleagues doing the Harry Worth at a restaurant window.

"Hey, that window would be perfect for doing the Harry Worth!"
"The what?"
"Look, I'll show you."

They thought it was brilliant. The diners, not seeing the effect from where they were sitting, were more than a bit mystified though. 

1 hour ago, GordonD said:

You shouldn't take sweeties from strange men.

1 hour ago, Jacksgranda said:

It might have been a strange woman. In fact, it would have been a strange woman if she's handing out Wethers Originals.

As strange a woman as you'll find. It was ma maw.

On 17/09/2019 at 13:57, Hedgecutter said:

I'm obviously in the transition period where you also have a hint of youth where you still highlight the contents of fields.

Coos!

Horse

Donkey!!!

... but then you see a hay bale and reminisce about 'hay-jumps' and state how youths are losing out because they're playing on their PlayStation 62 instead of jumping out of trees.

Apparently I'm not yet of that age because while I do the first 3; when I see hay bales, I start singing "Hey, hey, my, my" from Neil Young's "Out of the Blue." I'm told I sometimes do this out loud.

52 minutes ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Just realised I shouted 'Whit?' at a house For Sale sign when I saw the contact address is for a Real Estate firm. What's wrong with Estate Agent. Bloody Americanisms.

When I hear that expression I always wonder what False Estate is.

9 minutes ago, Bold Rover said:

I thought Real Estate was the football team from the posh houses. 

Some older folks from Dunfermline might be able to relate to this. 

In my local in these days in the auld grey toon, the barman at the end of the night, come chucking out time had a nice turn of phrase :

"Come now", he would shout at the top of his voice, "Finish your drinks please - especially a' youse yins frae the cooncil hooses"