Months of the Year

January - 1 - abomination of a month where were all rooked.

February - 2 - recover month, get back on your feet, can maybe treat yourself to some new clothes or a decent night out but still pretty skint.

March - 8 - my birthday and everyone is back in the coin, decent night out I start getting excited for my holiday

April - 5 - total meh month, nothing ever happens and it's just getting in the way of the better months upcoming.

May - 6 - much the same as April, still not into summer yet, weather may be slightly better and I'll get out on the course quite a bit as I get my yearly short lived optimism of golf back.

June - 8 - good month, weather should be decent, few of my pals birthdays which means a few good nights out and it's nearly holiday time.

July - 8 - weathers good, I get my big holiday in July, let down by a lack of good sport on tv.

August - 4 - total shitemare, nothing to look forward too dull month, gets a 4 because football is back and the weather is still decent.

September - 5 - nothing ever happens in September, just add the days on throughout the year somewhere. Pointless.

October - 7 - Halloween is pretty good, always have a few shows and gigs booked for October and all the shows I watch on TV come back on.

November - 2 - everyone just wants this over surely as the Christmas buzz sets in and no one really has any money to do anything due to Christmas and the upcoming festive period. This November is the exception as I am getting my first house, going to New York and had a great night out in Edinburgh last week (10 for 2015 only)

December - 10 - easily my favourite time of the year, Christmas is fantastic, good food, loads of beer, see all my family and friends. I get 2 weeks off to watch Christmas films all day and there's loads of football on. The perfect month.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

October, because you can laugh at all the saddos who have to work an extra hour on nightshift without pay, when the clocks go back.

The same guys that work an hour less in March?

Nice logic Mr Spock.

Not if their shift doesn't fall on it as so often happens Captain. Your reasoning is illogical. Live long and prosper

And what if their shift doesn't fall on it in October?

So you agree then that their probability of working either day is the exact same?

Really depends on your shift pattern. My place I avoided October for years, yet always seemed to hit the 11 hour in March, whilst the same poor soul got October. So no the probability isn't the same.

Really depends on your shift pattern. My place I avoided October for years, yet always seemed to hit the 11 hour in March, whilst the same poor soul got October. So no the probability isn't the same.

Sorry I was talking about logic and the scenario of being on/off, on/on, off/on or off/off.

Not what happened at your work. That's circumstantial.

C October

-------------------------

August

May

April

March

December

-------------------------------

September

June

November

January

------------------------------

P February

------------------------------

R July

Surely the Year League can't have relegation? It must be a glass bottom.

Unless you did a Roman & knocked a few days off the other months, say you make every month a 28 day month that would be a 4 week month. Makes sense except the 13th month would be 29 days, I propose we make February 29 days (30 on leap years) to make up for all those years being a shortie. So every month is a 28 dayer except Feb.

Now then what would the new month be called?

Well the Romans named it after their leaders so as much as I hate Cameron I guess it would have to be called "Dave",

Now where would Dave go, after December or in between June & July to break up the J's?

Grimbo

Surely the Year League can't have relegation? It must be a glass bottom.

Unless you did a Roman & knocked a few days off the other months, say you make every month a 28 day month that would be a 4 week month. Makes sense except the 13th month would be 29 days, I propose we make February 29 days (30 on leap years) to make up for all those years being a shortie. So every month is a 28 dayer except Feb.

Now then what would the new month be called?

Well the Romans named it after their leaders so as much as I hate Cameron I guess it would have to be called "Dave",

Now where would Dave go, after December or in between June & July to break up the J's?

Grimbo

It would have to be called "Nicola" Grimbo

No pig fucker leads me

Sunniest months in Scotland 1929-2004

Summary 1980-2000 (months over 200 hrs of sunshine)

May 1980 - 226.7 hrs

May 1984 - 204.7 hrs a scorcher

July 1989 - 221.1 hrs another scorcher

July 1990 - 205.4 hrs

May 1992 - 221.9 hrs

May 1994 - 208.3 hrs

Aug 1995 - 227.1 hrs

May 2000 - 234.9 hrs

May therefore sunniest month (1980-2000) appearing five times as the sunniest, July twice and August once.

Edit to add:

Out of the 76 years 1929-2004 these are the sunniest months and how many years they show as the sunniest:

May......38

June.....19

August...8

July........6

April.......5

This is a great idea:

January - It's cold miserable, I'll have very little money but there's plenty of football. 5/10

February - It's short, getting lighter, usually snows, plenty of football. 6/10

March - The November of the summer. Pretty pointless in the grand scheme of things. I suppose summer time starts, but I don't really like it. 3/10

April - Very decent month, Easter, decent weather, the good end of the football season and the start of the motorsport year. 8/10

May - I like it, underrated as a month imo. Weather's normally top class, still a decent amount of football on, plenty of motorsport, not an awful lot better than a sunny evening in May. 10/10

June - Perennial underachiever of a month. Promises much, but the weather's usually disappointing, the football non existent and the only positive is that it's normally when I go on holiday. 6/10

July - My birthday's in July. I'm off Uni, the weather can be decent enough, pre-season friendlies begin and plenty of racing on. 8/10

August - Proper football's back, weather is statistically good - especially after the schools go back - ah the optimism of the new season. 9/10

September - Football, racing, the occasional sunny day, the leaves starting to turn orange and the nights still being bright for the most part. 6/10. Cold though.

October - I always enjoy October, look forward to the dark evenings and mornings - which I quickly regret - the start of winter and the run down to Christmas. Football and the end of the racing season. 7/10

November - Liquidate it. We're 11 days in and it feels like we should be near the end. No racing, called off football matches - the international break should not be allowed in November - constant darkness. 0/10

December - Love it. I'm a really cheery guy around Christmas time, I just love everything about that time of year. Love the lights, food, decorations everything. I'm a big wean at Christmas (although it wasn't that long ago I was a wean, so maybe I'll become miserable in later life).The only downside is that January follows it. 9/10

C - May

--------------

2. December

3. August

4. July

--------------

5. April

6. October

7. June

8. September

9. February

10. January

---------------------

11. March

----------------------

R. November

November is good, it's when my birthday is and my son's birthday and it has bonfire night. The whole darker months from October to February are pretty good. Halloween, birthdays, Christmas, New Year, two weeks off work over festive period, need no excuse to eat and drink loads, loads of decent movies on, weather bad enough to justify my owning so many coats and hats, Scottish Cup buzz, new year derbies (for those lucky enough to have a derby in their league), more birthdays of immediate family and January and February too. If there's a downside then it's the lack of daylight and the expenditure at this time of year, but that's small beer in comparison to the good stuff the winter offers.

Spent a good 10 -15 minutes rating each month before my computer fucked up and I lost everything. 10 - 15 minutes rating and leaving a description of the 12 months in a year to people on the internet. It was then that I wondered "what the f**k am I doing with my life?"

Archived