Dundee United v St Johnstone, Saturday 21st November 2015

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone have a decent view of the McGowan booking? Looked like a nailed on penalty from my perspective, though I was sat at the other end.

I was sitting in the GF lower near the shed, and from there it looked like a stone-wall penalty.

Thought o halloran had one of his poorer games and was surprised he didn't switch over to the other flank especially when McGowan was on a booking. Can't be bad though when he has had a poor game yet still involved in both goals. Still learning the role of winger/wide player and still needs to work on final balls

Funny how folk see games differently but thought Dixon was pretty good for United today, certainly least effective MOH has been for a while. He kept up with him well and seemed to offer an attacking threat, at least in the first half. Always rated him as a player, I know United fans have said he's been nothing like as good since signing again but he looked decent to me.

John Rankin is an utter scum bucket on the other hand. Should have been sent off either at penalty or second yellow for blatantly taking MOH out the game as we counter attacked. That Thomson gave nothing was no surprise as he gave a refereeing display to match even Bobby Madden in the first game in Perth. This included falling for blatant play acting from Rankin on the touchline right at the end. Is this guy really the chairman of the SPFA?

Funny how folk see games differently but thought Dixon was pretty good for United today, certainly least effective MOH has been for a while. He kept up with him well and seemed to offer an attacking threat, at least in the first half. Always rated him as a player, I know United fans have said he's been nothing like as good since signing again but he looked decent to me.

John Rankin is an utter scum bucket on the other hand. Should have been sent off either at penalty or second yellow for blatantly taking MOH out the game as we counter attacked. That Thomson gave nothing was no surprise as he gave a refereeing display to match even Bobby Madden in the first game in Perth. This included falling for blatant play acting from Rankin on the touchline right at the end. Is this guy really the chairman of the SPFA?

John Rankin? :unsure2:

Of course no Saints players cynically fouled their oppo! I Jest!

I thought Dixon was decent tbf especially going forward it was more the fact that we left him 1v1 against one of the quickest and most in form players in the league when we had enough bodies to double up on him. Wasn't as if Shaughnessy was providing a threat either so we definitely could've done more to at least try and stop him.

Reaction of players often a good indication of whether was dive or not. To a man every saints player responded immediately signifying that he dived. Think he skinned his man but failed to control ball and went down hoping for penalty. Hopefully camera catches it and more importantly BBC decide to show it. On another note, why did united player not see red for conceding penalty? Was it not deemed to be a goal scoring opportunity??

The 3 other players in between him and the goal would say it wasn't a clear goal scoring chance

The 3 other players in between him and the goal would say it wasn't a clear goal scoring chance

You must have had a better view than me because it looked fairly clear to me that the nearest united player was well inside-probably around the penalty spot-and never getting to Kane before he got a shot away with only the keeper to beat.

The first 40 minutes is the best football I've seen us playing this season. Despite the formation and personnel we were really good and for the first time in ages I feel we deserved to win a game that we actually lost. That said there's no excuse for the poor defensive errors and I want to see the two goals again together with the McGowan incident before making criticisms.

On a different day we could have won this, some decent performances but yet again Durnan was a nightmare Donaldson must be totally depressed to think that's he's worse than this. Telfer was poor but in fairness he's had hardly any football this season and Fraser offered nothing better when he came on. Souttar started well but in the second half reverted to his usual posing style performance and attitude; it was the best I've seen Dixon play in a long time and the wing back role suited him well.

We still have a long way to go and need to fill a number of gaps, not the least of these being a big striker that can play along side Billy McKay, Christ knows what would happen to us if he suffered a long term injury.

I thought the referee was poor and upset both sets of fans, but it amazed me that there were a number of people in the upper Eddie Thompson stand who had a go at him for awarding the St Johnstone penalty!

The 'playing out from the back debate' is bizarre. Fine, if Mixu wants this it's OK but you have to give the keeper discretion and have a keeper mature and experienced enough to use that discretion. It looked like Szromnik had been told to play it short regardless of the position of the opposition players, that's just daft.

This whole 'deserved' thing confuses me. Unless there have been exceptional circumstances in which the referee has made dreadful decisions or disallowed legitimate goals, the only team which 'deserves' to win is the one which scores most goals. That's literally the focal aim of the game.

Archived