Dundee United v St Johnstone, Saturday 21st November 2015

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy with that.

We lost, sure, but the change in how we play since the last game I saw (Hearts) is clear as day.

We totally dominated the first 40 minutes of the game - crazy that we went in 2-1 down at half-time. Not as great 2nd half, but even then, we played better than we have been doing.

Mixu has organised the team, and they have a game-plan... hallelujah!

I didn't see what really happened for the farmer's goals, so I hope I am not giving him false praise, but I thought Gunning was excellent, and will really help us for the rest of the season.

Well, Dundee United aren't heartless shitebags any more. They were excellent, but we found a way to win the match ( and indeed should've had at least 1 more). All credit to the players. No where near our best, but it didn't matter with the clinical edge we now have.

Murray Davidson was absolutely incredible today.

Very, very frustrated to have come away with nothing from that match. For the first 40 minutes we played some great football and had a great shape to the team. We lost two very United-esque goals (set-piece shock horror) and then never really got going again. The second half was very flat despite again some decent commitment (from some players) and a shape that I like (surprised we didn't replace the fullbacks with 10-15 minutes to go). Credit to Dillon, Rankin and McGowan along with McKay (they are really the only players we can rely on right now).

Make no mistake, we are in deep trouble and have a number of players who are really not up to it, which will require a great deal of work from the club in January. Some players have really been found out and for some of our younger players maybe they need to realise that they are not really as good as they think they are. Mentally and physically we have far too many soft players.

What worries me is that despite improvements and a manager who has a clear idea of what he wants we won't get too long before we really need to get a run of results going.

Good first half bar that clusterfuck last 5 mins, need to see stints 2nd goal again but looked a horrendous one to lose for telfers piss poor attempt to close the wide man down to szromniks superman impression to the failure to clear the loose ball. Have to feel sorry for McKay, so little support and left to do all the closing down by himself. Teller, Spittal and Fraser all very poor today and Durnan is just awful, please please drop him.

Archived