The Buddies v Morton 20;11;15

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As a matter of interest, when was the last time that Morton finished above St Mirren in the league?

1996-97, and 95-96 before that.

In the season in between, and the two which followed, St. Mirren finished higher.

Don't think we've shared a league since then, after our administration and general fannying about in the lower leagues.

Edit - that should read the three seasons which followed. I'm pretty sure St. Mirren won the league in 99-00.

95-96 season. The year we missed promotion on goal difference to Dundee Utd. :(

Technically we missed out on a play off place, as Dunfermline won the league (and the only promotion place).

Had we beaten United on the final day we'd still have had to play Partick Thistle twice.

That season, all the Renfrewshire Derbies were away wins, us winning 4-1 and 1-0 at Love Street, St. Mirren winning 3-0 and 2-1 at Scapa.

1996-97, and 95-96 before that.

In the season in between, and the two which followed, St. Mirren finished higher.

Don't think we've shared a league since then, after our administration and general fannying about in the lower leagues.

Edit - that should read the three seasons which followed. I'm pretty sure St. Mirren won the league in 99-00.

1996-97 season we finished 8th, St Mirren 4th.

Technically we missed out on a play off place, as Dunfermline won the league (and the only promotion place).

Had we beaten United on the final day we'd still have had to play Partick Thistle twice.

That season, all the Renfrewshire Derbies were away wins, us winning 4-1 and 1-0 at Love Street, St. Mirren winning 3-0 and 2-1 at Scapa.

Yep, forgot about that.

Correct. I meant the following season - 97-98. We finished one place above them. Can't be bothered editing my posts again.

Big target for you this season then? Will give you something to play for if you're clear of both play-offs and St Mirren are still relatively close to you position wise.

Jeez oh mate, youv made more points in one post than St Mirren have on the board this season

That was indeed a damned good retort my Inverclyde chum, very good indeed.

It is nice to see someone who at least can engage in conversation with a fellow forum user using joviality.

It is just as well the Greenockians "big day oot" is next week as I would fear that hurricane Abigail may have in store some flooding for our unfortunate Inverlyde kin as that Port Glasgow road really is a hopeless thoroughfare. Being unable to travel to Greenock can inconvenience some but one can only imagine the hellish nightmare that would constitue being stuck there.

Tell me, is the excitement building in the accosiation housing areas of the Strone, QB, Larkfield, Branchton,Bowfarm and suchlike?

Archived