The Buddies v Morton 20;11;15

I imagine that away tickets will have sold well today

Since Thursday traditionally is.......brew day

"Burroo" surely?

That's twice now you've tried to be funny and made the same mistake.

Embarrassing as well as tedious.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite rightly some of the younger fans, on both sides, are getting excited about this. For the older guys who've seen it all before I don't think it's quite got that 'Derby' feeling yet. It's been too long without it for both sets of fans.

It's going to take more than a couple of games to get the 'bitter rivalry' back.

When it's back, it'll be f*cking brilliant. :thumsup2

Quite rightly some of the younger fans, on both sides, are getting excited about this. For the older guys who've seen it all before I don't think it's quite got that 'Derby' feeling yet. It's been too long without it for both sets of fans.

It's going to take more than a couple of games to get the 'bitter rivalry' back.

When it's back, it'll be f*cking brilliant. :thumsup2

With the 4th derby we can all watch Morton send St Mirren down to the seaside leagues.

Can't wait.

Teuchter commentary vs travelling all of 15 miles for the first competitive derby at the stadium? Friday night fitbaw? Can't believe some of the indifference and folk choosing to sit in the house and watch this.

Not the full comparison. Throw in 20 pound a head to watch an available on council TV and pubs everywhere fixture in mid-November and it's perfectly obvious why few other than the core fanbase would show up. St Mirren (and every other club) should partly account for TV before setting clearly ludicrous pricing. But above all, BBC Alba coverage is literally costing both teams money this season, more so Saint Mirren than us given the time of year for this fixture.

Make these teuchters pay a credible rate for their coverage or refuse them access and play it at 3pm on a Saturday.

Teuchter commentary vs travelling all of 15 miles for the first competitive derby at the stadium? Friday night fitbaw? Can't believe some of the indifference and folk choosing to sit in the house and watch this.

Not the full comparison. Throw in 20 pound a head to watch an available on council TV and pubs everywhere fixture in mid-November and it's perfectly obvious why few other than the core fanbase would show up. St Mirren (and every other club) should partly account for TV before setting clearly ludicrous pricing. But above all, BBC Alba coverage is literally costing both teams money this season, more so Saint Mirren than us given the time of year for this fixture.

Make these teuchters pay a credible rate for their coverage or refuse them access and play it at 3pm on a Saturday.

If this game was played at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon with no tv coverage I'd have been confident we'd have sold out our allocation but what I seeing from running buses is that a lot of the older fans and those who normally go with younger kids have decided because of the recent weather, the evening kick off and the obvious fact that they can all watch it on the tv for free that they are willing to give this one a miss. I reckon we'll have around 1400 to 1500 up there which although around 1-200 short of filling the away stand behind the goal it will look pretty much full.

GiGi, on 19 Nov 2015 - 19:25, said:

That'd be all well and good if I had a choice. But since I don't, then I'll just leave you to make daft assumptions.

Here's a brief preview. Goodwin stands with his hands in the air pleading innocence (a ,who me ? gesture) as the Morton physio runs on to have a look at the player he's just elbowed. I don't imagine I'm spoiling it for you as, like so much telly nowadays, it's a repeat

Goodwin hasn't elbowed anybody in days/weeks/months(delete as appropriate). It's Thompson you should be keeping an eye on

That'd be all well and good if I had a choice. But since I don't, then I'll just leave you to make daft assumptions.

Ach f**k up. If you don't have a choice or you're working or whatever then it clearly doesn't apply but I'll leave you to be offended anyway.

I reckon we'll have around 1400 to 1500 up there which although around 1-200 short of filling the away stand behind the goal it will look pretty much full.

yeah, we do have a few fat bassas in our support.. Allocate a seat for each cheek, and the place will look pretty much crammed.

And when we score, WOW what an echo..............

If this game was played at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon with no tv coverage I'd have been confident we'd have sold out our allocation but what I seeing from running buses is that a lot of the older fans and those who normally go with younger kids have decided because of the recent weather, the evening kick off and the obvious fact that they can all watch it on the tv for free that they are willing to give this one a miss. I reckon we'll have around 1400 to 1500 up there which although around 1-200 short of filling the away stand behind the goal it will look pretty much full.

Piss poor considering how many clubs have required the over spill area. If that's all you can muster when lording it over us and on a 4 game winning streak plus filter in that for many this will be a tick in their stadiums visited box and it is a poor effort - that said I think you are being pessimistic and expect you to at least properly fill the stand behind the goals.

Piss poor considering how many clubs have required the over spill area. If that's all you can muster when lording it over us and on a 4 game winning streak plus filter in that for many this will be a tick in their stadiums visited box and it is a poor effort - that said I think you are being pessimistic and expect you to at least properly fill the stand behind the goals.

and those 'spill over' games were live on TV on a freezing /wet Friday in November ? Otherwise the comparison is meaningless. Midton's will have a good idea of the interest for this game but I hope a few more turn up tonight. As I've said previously -I know a few neutrals who'll be there.

Archived