The Buddies v Morton 20;11;15

Let the fun begin boys and girls from Paisley and Greenock.

As our poor neighbours have not beat St Mirren in oh how long a decade in a competitive league match they will be scratching at the bit for a win. Unfortunately it will be another disappointment for the poor souls of Greenock as St Mirren will win this.

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am sure the pastie faced Greenock masses will be looking forward to this one, indeed I would wager this to be the talk of the brew money queue at the Cathcart Street post office. They will be right riled up for the "big one". A real treat for our unpopular Inverclyde cousin's as they get to vist the "big toon" and a full seater custom built stadium with a full set of floodlights.

A reason to travel past "the Port" is an opportunity that does not befall the Greenockian hordes on a regular basis.

Now the faithful, hardworking and honest followers of the "Paisley Buddies" have a disadvantage as they will need to worry about getting out of work early enough (on a Friday) and travelling home (through the tea time traffic) in time to get suitably attired for the football match before attending. The Greenockian masses however have all day to gravitate to "the big toon" as they have an abundance of free time due to the stereotypical unemployed lifestyle associated with Inverclyde and it's overbred masses.

Now the Greenockian hordes have every reason to feel confident as they are performing WAY above there capability and find themselves performing well amongst teams that most people have even heard of.

The decent people of Paisley have much to worry about as the Paisley heroes have sunk to a depth that see's them meet lowly teams such as the Greenock Morton. The recent winning of a national trophy just a clear memory now.

Ian Murray needs a win in order to keep his job. The fellow in charge of Morton will undoubtedly try his hardest and he has a real chance of a giant killing.

I predict however that with Alex Miller returning to his old stomping ground and having almost two weeks to impose his brilliance on the belagured Buddies they will prove too strong for the plucky wee team from the ghetto.

Saint Mirren 3 - Plucky wee team from the ghetto 0

I am sure the pastie faced Greenock masses will be looking forward to this one, indeed I would wager this to be the talk of the brew money queue at the Cathcart Street post office. They will be right riled up for the "big one". A real treat for our unpopular Inverclyde cousin's as they get to vist the "big toon" and a full seater custom built stadium with a full set of floodlights.

A reason to travel past "the Port" is an opportunity that does not befall the Greenockian hordes on a regular basis.

Now the faithful, hardworking and honest followers of the "Paisley Buddies" have a disadvantage as they will need to worry about getting out of work early enough (on a Friday) and travelling home (through the tea time traffic) in time to get suitably attired for the football match before attending. The Greenockian masses however have all day to gravitate to "the big toon" as they have an abundance of free time due to the stereotypical unemployed lifestyle associated with Inverclyde and it's overbred masses.

Now the Greenockian hordes have every reason to feel confident as they are performing WAY above there capability and find themselves performing well amongst teams that most people have even heard of.

The decent people of Paisley have much to worry about as the Paisley heroes have sunk to a depth that see's them meet lowly teams such as the Greenock Morton. The recent winning of a national trophy just a clear memory now.

Ian Murray needs a win in order to keep his job. The fellow in charge of Morton will undoubtedly try his hardest and he has a real chance of a giant killing.

I predict however that with Alex Miller returning to his old stomping ground and having almost two weeks to impose his brilliance on the belagured Buddies they will prove too strong for the plucky wee team from the ghetto.

"Cool story"

The joys of being "unemployed as feck"

Alex Miller's going to get a hounding that'll make our treatment of Tommy Turner and Hugh Murray look like hero worship. Joyous.

Wow, you've got to go back quite a long way to find Saints players that have received a hounding of any description from Morton fans, eh?

Even thinking about the derbies make me feel a bit sick, TBH, which is just the way it should be. The OP mentioned a decade since they beat us in the league - we all know it's been much longer than that. However, this game will present their best opportunity for some time.

I predict a narrow away win to give Morton fans their greatest footballing achievement since Tommy Turner was actually a professional footballer.

I see you're still consoling yourself with the record we have against you. That's fine. You're still shite though.

To be fair we can console ourselves with almost anything bar current league position when it comes to playing Morton. It really is all you have to cling on to.

Aye, imagine clinging to the league position of a current campaign. :lol:

Exactly my point, it's all you have over us. In my time following Saints I have seen us win a Scottish Cup, a League Cup, an Anglo Scottish cup and a Bells cup. I've seen us win what is now the Championship three times plus we have lost another couple of national finals. I have seen Saints play numerous European ties and I have seen us beat the OF umpteen times. Your grand childrens grand children will never witness in their lifetime Morton achieve anything approaching what I have seen us achieve so far. But hey ho champ you keep consoling yourself that in November 2015 you were 3 or 4 places above us in the second tier of Scottish football, that's definitely something to savour for you I suppose when you put your "achievements" into context.

Archived