Hibernian v St Johnstone - League Cup Semi Final

Bambino7

Hibernian have won the Scottish Cup on two occasions, the last of these victories came in 1902. Teams such as Third Lanark, East Fife, Clyde and even Dundee have won a Scottish Cup since then.

In 2012 'The Salt and Sauce' final was played between The Hibees and their fierce rivals Heart of Midlothian. Hibs lost this final 5-1, a source of much sorrow for Hibernian but great amusement for their close rivals Hearts as well as the rest of Scottish football.

Too easy, Paulo :lol:

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye your club legend Liam Craig who found his level at Mediocre St.Johnstone

:lol:

You're soooo cute.

All bluster aside though - this has the makings of a superb match. Both sides look better going forward than they do defensively and both sides have players in real form (Cummins, Maclean and O'Halloran for us, Cummings and McGinn for Hibs).

Am I right in saying Hibs play quite a narrow midfield? Doesn't seem to be a natural winger in the side? We've been mixing our shape up quite a bit so far this season, with a back 4 the only real constant. 4-4-2 with wingers as well as playing a diamond at this, 4-2-3-1, 4-5-1, 4-3-3 sometimes that's been interchangeable in matches as well.

Obviously we're a few months away, but I'd guess we can make a fair guess at our side if everyone is fit;.

Mannus

Shaughnessy/Mackay Anderson Scobbie/Mackay Easton

O'Halloran Millar Davidson Craig/Wotherspoon/Lappin

Cummins Maclean

All dependant on form as well obviously, but I'd argue that 9 of the players pick themselves if they're all fit in a big match. The choices are between Shaughnessy and Scobbie (and that will depend on whether Mackay plays at centre back or right back) and the last midfield place between Craig, Wotherspoon and Lappin. That will possibly depend on the shape we adopt and how attack minded Tommy is feeling.

Two sets of fans who have enjoyed watching their side play this season so far, and two sides who have done well in their respective leagues. The atmosphere should be excellent, especially if it's at Tynecastle. Looking forward to it already.

I wont even guess at a score. The bookies will make us favourites probably and we've handled big occasions reasonably well under Wright. Hopefully we can get ourselves into the final.

How was it mate? Must have been some party in Leith that night.

I wasn't around then. Many hibees seen it though.

Saints will never ever win the top league in Scottish football - just let that sink in.

1 national trophy in their whole entire history.

Oh and Liam fecking Craig :lol:

Can I again remind fermers going on about historical competitions that they never have and probably never will win the top league in the country they farm/play in.

Supporters of good teams - talk about recent matches, successes and current players.

Supporters of shite teams - talk about the past, talk about how big a club they are, speak about trophies they weren't alive to see won.

Supporters of good teams - talk about recent matches, successes and current players.

Supporters of shite teams - talk about the past, talk about how big a club they are, speak about trophies they weren't alive to see won.

So this is the only period in your whole entire life you have spoken about your team yeah? What did you do all they years you where utter shite and won zero of relevance in 130 years?

You've never been at a game where your side has won a proper trophy? That's so sad bbz xox

I would call the league cup a proper trophy m8. You beat the same sides you do in the other national trophy.

Until St Johnstone ever win the league cup then I'll reserve judgement on any opinions they have on said comp.

1 trophy, 131 years. Oh my.

Remember I hated my mother wee man. Burl her over and do the front hole, heard it's tighter. It's nae bather.

I wasn't saying it to get to you Tambo just reminding you why you got sent to that tree house.

Archived