Hibernian v St Johnstone - League Cup Semi Final

Bambino7

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For any Saints fans without a ticket you can register online for the database then phone Hibs ticket line and you can purchase tickets that way.

Do you have to go through to Edinburgh to pick up the tickets? Or can you get them delivered?

CHAIRMAN'S STATEMENT ON SEMI-FINAL TICKET ARRANGEMENTS

Following yesterdays decision not to allocate any further tickets to the St Johnstone support for Saturdays League Cup semi-final against Hibernian FC at Tynecastle, St Johnstone FC Chairman Steve Brown has issued the following statement:

The first thing I want to say is that I fully share in the frustration caused by the delay in the announcement not to allocate Main Stand tickets to Saints fans and I can understand the anger and disappointment of ticketless fans.

I can assure supporters that from the outset these Main Stand tickets were intended for St Johnstone fans. However, with increased concerns about access, egress and segregation arrangements in that corner of the ground being raised by safety and security staff at Tynecastle and Police Scotland the SPFL took the decision that the final approval for the release of these tickets to St Johnstone would be delayed in order to gauge sales of Main Stand tickets by Hibernian FC and maximise the chances of an alternative segregation and operational arrangement within the Main Stand.

Coming at a time when fan engagement has been recently stated as a key objective for the future of our game I find the timing of this decision five days before the match outrageous and I would state that this is totally unacceptable to St Johnstone Football Club. I would hope that lessons are learned from this fiasco in order to avoid any repeat of the uncertainty and disillusionment suffered by the people who matter most the supporters."

Rather than crying about the allocation handed to them, St Johnstone could accept a bit of responsibility and try to stop being a tin pot club that nobody has any opinion about.

Ooft. Theres trying too hard and then theres this.

Weak statement from Steve Brown. His issue seems to be they took so long to make decision and not that our supporters have been shafted. The initial SPFL statement quite clearly said Hibs would only get these tickets if there wasn't a demand from Saints fans. He should be questioning why the original arrangements were put in place if the security team weren't happy with them. Would he have accepted Tynecastle as a venue if he'd known we were going to get less tickets than for the Aberdeen game?

Other than his impressive handling of the Tommy Wright situation with United, he's done very little to impress me since taking over from his father.

Weak statement from Steve Brown. His issue seems to be they took so long to make decision and not that our supporters have been shafted. The initial SPFL statement quite clearly said Hibs would only get these tickets if there wasn't a demand from Saints fans. He should be questioning why the original arrangements were put in place if the security team weren't happy with them. Would he have accepted Tynecastle as a venue if he'd known we were going to get less tickets than for the Aberdeen game?

Other than his impressive handling of the Tommy Wright situation with United, he's done very little to impress me since taking over from his father.

^^^ account hacked by 101.

Archived