Is this the most open West Premier league for a while?

jimbaxters

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree there!

Very surprised at Medda this season aswell

We can dream but at some point we need to face a bit of reality.

No permanent home

Small budget

Young squad 5 or 6 of starting line up are under 23.

The excellent finnie at full back won't go on forever.

It may all catch up with us and we may end up mid table which would still be a good achievement.

4 wins from 16 games or 12 points from 16 games should be very much doable.

Quicker we get to that the better then we can see how high we can finish.

Thinking about it we have disposed of some very good teams this season, Clydebank, Auchinleck, Troon, Irvine meadow, Hurlford, Glenafton hopefully we can keep it going and in general the league remains open till the end.

As ever Mon the famous Rabs!!

Unfortunately I am.

That game IMO really led to our difficult spell.

A successful side was pretty much dismantled after that, Meadow went on to draw Hibs in the Scottish, which could have been us and help bring in huge revenues for a junior team.

6 years on we are still recovering.

That's a great post. Amazing how a club's fortunes can turn on one match like this.

Also another reason why entry into the big Scottish is not to be sniffed at.

We can dream but at some point we need to face a bit of reality.

No permanent home

Small budget

Young squad 5 or 6 of starting line up are under 23.

The excellent finnie at full back won't go on forever.

It may all catch up with us and we may end up mid table which would still be a good achievement.

4 wins from 16 games or 12 points from 16 games should be very much doable.

Quicker we get to that the better then we can see how high we can finish.

Thinking about it we have disposed of some very good teams this season, Clydebank, Auchinleck, Troon, Irvine meadow, Hurlford, Glenafton hopefully we can keep it going and in general the league remains open till the end.

As ever Mon the famous Rabs!!

That's a fair point but we beat hurlford away from home and even beaten Auchinleck and Irvine at Guy's Meadow aswell as Troon. I think the younger players may actually benefit us with fitness and hard work in games.

Obviously experience can play a big factor at this level especially but I think we can manage a high finish above what was expected of us anyway. I know it is early in the season still but I don't think they will have too much a dip in form.

The fact they are not in the Scottish cup either anymore could help shift the focus mainly on the league depending how they view the importance of the WOS cup which I think should still be as important as any competition.

Only my prediction though and I could be way off (hopefully not).

Archived