Is this the most open West Premier league for a while?

jimbaxters

What was amazing was the average gates Pollok continued to generate even following relegation-the loyal fans stuck with us week in week out after a number of bad years.

Jim O'Donnell summed it up about Pollok after winning the Junior Cup. Their own social club wouldn't budge their Bingo Night to allow the players and Fans to enjoy the moment. Priceless lol.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Give Hertha a break Isa. She isn't used to winning or getting to finals

I've seen my club play in 15 cup finals so we do not too bad for a wee modest club :)

Still never been to the elusive cup final but 15 cup finals isn't too bad going as some fans can live a lifetime and never see their club get to a single final so I've had some good times following Beith . :)

I've seen my club play in 15 cup finals so we do not too bad for a wee modest club :)

Still never been to the elusive cup final but 15 cup finals isn't too bad going as some fans can live a lifetime and never see their club get to a single final so I've had some good times following Beith . :)

I take my cap off fair play to Beith. How old are you though? 87 or 88

Haha born in '78 . :)

Started supporting them aged 7 so that averages out a cup final every two years :)

Good on Beith. Still like to think if the Talbot aren't winning cups then I want Ayrshire teams to be winning them ... apart from Cumnock and Me££a. Can't have any weegie teams dominating

Jim O'Donnell summed it up about Pollok after winning the Junior Cup. Their own social club wouldn't budge their Bingo Night to allow the players and Fans to enjoy the moment. Priceless lol.

THAT'S not a problem for us any more lol :lol:

Hertha, no one is blaming anyone. But it was however a factor that Talbot had won the cup 48 hours before that game, half the team were on a short trip. However, it was a fantastic game if memory serves me right.

If memory serves me right we played you when your team was drunk before (after another Scottish win) needing to win to win the league and lost that !!!

Are you on about last season?

Think our Pollok chum refers to the game at Beechwood a few seasons ago, when an alcohol soaked Talbot came from behind to snatch the title from Pollok's grasp, unfortunately we handed it to Meadow.

THAT'S not a problem for us any more lol :lol:

And what was astonishing was that with no social club and relegation we were still brilliantly supported by the fans in amazing numbers!The latter days of the social club saw a real split between those who were behind the team and those who barely knew it existed!And with the huge competition posed by the dozens of pubs in the area the inevitable came to pass!

And what was astonishing was that with no social club and relegation we were still brilliantly supported by the fans in amazing numbers!The latter days of the social club saw a real split between those who were behind the team and those who barely knew it existed!And with the huge competition posed by the dozens of pubs in the area the inevitable came to pass!

Always envied the Lok social club & was puzzled to why it struggled & eventually shut as it had everything going for it

Obviously don't know the full ins & outs but know there was a rift somewhere along the lines

Think our Pollok chum refers to the game at Beechwood a few seasons ago, when an alcohol soaked Talbot came from behind to snatch the title from Pollok's grasp, unfortunately we handed it to Meadow.

Ah right. The medda were good then. Don't know how they £unded such a winning $ystem

Unfortunately I am.

That game IMO really led to our difficult spell.

A successful side was pretty much dismantled after that, Meadow went on to draw Hibs in the Scottish, which could have been us and help bring in huge revenues for a junior team.

6 years on we are still recovering.

Always envied the Lok social club & was puzzled to why it struggled & eventually shut as it had everything going for it

Obviously don't know the full ins & outs but know there was a rift somewhere along the lines

I don't know the full ins and out, but if you look at the pub industry over the last decade there has been many closures. Shawlands has plenty of drinking options and places like Sir John Maxwell make it very hard to compete with their prices through the bulk they buy.

Added to the fact that the old social club scene is a dying generation - so it isn't a huge surprise what happened

I don't know the full ins and out, but if you look at the pub industry over the last decade there has been many closures. Shawlands has plenty of drinking options and places like Sir John Maxwell make it very hard to compete with their prices through the bulk they buy.

Added to the fact that the old social club scene is a dying generation - so it isn't a huge surprise what happened

Pubs like the sir john maxwell are a major scourge of mines , wetherspoon nonsense and very little character in comparison to the excellent granary or Polloks old social club.

Sadly the bought in bulk and hoof it brigade that's wetherspoons are taking over and every pub in every city is a mirror image of itself with very little individual character.

Give me a granary every day of the week . :)

Bit strange most seem to be writing rob roy off even though we have already beaten auchinleck, hurlford and troon and are sitting pretty at the top. Yes auchinleck will most likely win it but i think we will push them all the way to finish second.

Totally agree there!

Very surprised at Medda this season aswell

Archived