Is this the most open West Premier league for a while?

jimbaxters

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes definitely agree I think Rankin is a totally different class of manager. Not sure about minding the meadow though. They have always been that kind of team who just annoy the hell out of me for some reason. Maybe it's their pies....yer that's it f**king can't stand their cold pies :-D

Gotta agree about the pies ...the one I got the ar$e fell out it..bit like the team this season..Mince

Any team that doesn't have 15 pts after the first round of games is in deep trouble. So Medda are running out of road. I said at the start of the season that Pollok and Troon would compete for a top 4 berth. Must say I though Hurlford would have started better while Talbot were snarled up in the big cup. As it happens they may have blown their chance because it will be hard to take 6 points of quite a few teams this year. The dark horses are Ladeside if they can start scoring goals. Beith do not have the defence to put them in the top 4 but once again they probably have the fire power to stay out of the bottom three. Suspect Rob Roy will get altitude sickness. Bottom two for me are Medda and Shettleston, play off spot hard to call at this stage.

Talbot were well beaten by Rob Roy who played very well I can't understand why so many people are writing off their chances, if they can keep this up why can't they win the title?

Talbot were immense second half against Hurlford but have been mince in most games this season, long ball tactics which most teams have sussed and now injury to Campbell which leaves our defence a bit short.

I feel this is the most open league for a number of years Talbot have still to play Pollok home and away and Rob Roy at home, Hurlford away and Troon all of these games will be difficult, hope we can push on and win the title but won't be surprised if it doesn't happen

Talbot were well beaten by Rob Roy who played very well I can't understand why so many people are writing off their chances, if they can keep this up why can't they win the title?

Talbot were immense second half against Hurlford but have been mince in most games this season, long ball tactics which most teams have sussed and now injury to Campbell which leaves our defence a bit short.

I feel this is the most open league for a number of years Talbot have still to play Pollok home and away and Rob Roy at home, Hurlford away and Troon all of these games will be difficult, hope we can push on and win the title but won't be surprised if it doesn't happen

This is true but I think you forget they still have to play us. And all these teams have to play each other.

Bring it on. We welcome and embrace it

what a load of rubbish.

Pollok take one of the largest away supports in junior football, I think a Glenafton supporter commented on here that it was their biggest attendance for quite a while when we played them.

if that doesn't make them 'dyed in the wool' what does.

As for the sweetie rustler comment, despite not deserving a response, i will give you one. Pollok do have an element of older supporters, however over the last 3 years has attracted a lot more younger supporters who go home and away - think some may have given up on senior football.

I would say the average age of supporters in most junior clubs doesn't vary much.

Pollok are one of the club's who generate a crowd and being one of the few who announce attendance figures we actually can see that they have good home crowds. However it is interesting that usually their biggest home gate is when Talbot visit. Think in the last few years safe to say the split is around fifty fifty at that fixture. I wonder who makes up the crowd when other teams not famous for their travelling support visit. Could it be that Newlandsfield is a good venue well located and can draw a sizable neutral contingent depending on where certain big senior club's from that city are playing? Have discussed this with Pollok fans but never really worked it out. Glad to see Pollok back, cracking ground second best in league

As for the league, yes very open in my opinion!

Pollok are one of the club's who generate a crowd and being one of the few who announce attendance figures we actually can see that they have good home crowds. However it is interesting that usually their biggest home gate is when Talbot visit. Think in the last few years safe to say the split is around fifty fifty at that fixture. I wonder who makes up the crowd when other teams not famous for their travelling support visit. Could it be that Newlandsfield is a good venue well located and can draw a sizable neutral contingent depending on where certain big senior club's from that city are playing? Have discussed this with Pollok fans but never really worked it out. Glad to see Pollok back, cracking ground second best in league

As for the league, yes very open in my opinion!

The stats that were published on the lowland league thread a few weeks past - not one season was Polloks biggest attendance v Talbot.

But this thread is now turning in to about attendances instead of what it is really about which is how competitive the league is this season.

Look forward to playing Talbot, it will be a real benchmark of our progress and we are undefeated V talbot in over a season !!!

The stats that were published on the lowland league thread a few weeks past - not one season was Polloks biggest attendance v Talbot.

But this thread is now turning in to about attendances instead of what it is really about which is how competitive the league is this season.

Look forward to playing Talbot, it will be a real benchmark of our progress and we are undefeated V talbot in over a season !!!

Can only recall you playing us two days after we won the Junior Cup with half our team missing and other half still drunk. Then it was on pens that you win. Ffs Hardly a fair contest was it? Some of your own fans thought they had won the champions league lol.

Isa does go on about crowds as well. Can't disagree on that either

Can only recall you playing us two days after we won the Junior Cup with half our team missing and other half still drunk. Then it was on pens that you win. Ffs Hardly a fair contest was it? Some of your own fans thought they had won the champions league lol.

So pollok are to blame for your clubs players going on the drink :) .

Absolute nuts :)!

As I said.... Undefeated !

To be fair it was your post about Pollok's support I was responding to. I was talking league games, think perhaps the Pollok Athurlie game usually pips it, your probs right.

So pollok are to blame for your clubs players going on the drink :) .

Absolute nuts :)!

Hertha, no one is blaming anyone. But it was however a factor that Talbot had won the cup 48 hours before that game, half the team were on a short trip. However, it was a fantastic game if memory serves me right.

Hertha, no one is blaming anyone. But it was however a factor that Talbot had won the cup 48 hours before that game, half the team were on a short trip. However, it was a fantastic game if memory serves me right.

Give Hertha a break Isa. She isn't used to winning or getting to finals

Archived