Is this the most open West Premier league for a while?

jimbaxters

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every team will finish in their rightful place and it will not be the place in everybody`s head.

that jim is a very tough question to be answered in November along with the fact Talbot and hurlford have both lost two big players this week.

call off`s,injuries,suspentions and form will play a major roll.

then Talbot will win the league!.....that's the head talking..... :)

Who are the player's they've lost and what has happened to them?

Think the league will likely be won by someone with 44 / 45 points - it won't take 50 plus this year.

Talbot, if they can take something really positive from the second half against Hurlford last week and build on it will probably be there, but there are some much better teams this year than there was last year.

It only takes a defeat or two and the league's wide open for any club. Think Hurlford are out of it now despite only having played seven games so far - their traditional slow start will let them down again. Good shout as well given their skullduggery on the pitch.

I would love to think if we beat Petershill we could be considered as contenders - however to win the league hitting 50 points is a must (and often not enough) so we could only afford to drop 6 points for rest of season.

Survival will do for me with a good cup run and have a go next season!

You certainly will be considered title challengers if you go top on Saturday s.

To focus on a points total is disastrous, & always ends in dissapointed, you only need to do better than everybody else to be league champions.

I don't see much sorrow on here about the demise of medda. Anyone feel bad about their situation?

Secondly I think Pollok have the biggest crowd in the league but they are like sweetie wrapper rustlers(fergie) most of them aren't hardened dyed in the wool fans like the Talbot/Cumnock/Kilbirnie/Beith faithful.

I don't see much sorrow on here about the demise of medda. Anyone feel bad about their situation?

Secondly I think Pollok have the biggest crowd in the league but they are like sweetie wrapper rustlers(fergie) most of them aren't hardened dyed in the wool fans like the Talbot/Cumnock/Kilbirnie/Beith faithful.

I don't mind the meadow and their manager seems like a top guy and I know guys at our club who know him and speak highly of him .

Wasn't too keen on them under strain though as he never seemed a great sort for me .

I don't mind the meadow and their manager seems like a top guy and I know guys at our club who know him and speak highly of him .

Wasn't too keen on them under strain though as he never seemed a great sort for me .

Yes definitely agree I think Rankin is a totally different class of manager. Not sure about minding the meadow though. They have always been that kind of team who just annoy the hell out of me for some reason. Maybe it's their pies....yer that's it f**king can't stand their cold pies :-D

Not sure what's going on at Medda. They are not miles behind other teams point wise, but the -14 goal difference after 8 games must set the alarm bells ringing.

Good management team at the club. Some players at the club are obviously not pulling their weight, they need to be replaced.

Very quickly.

Not sure what's going on at Medda. They are not miles behind other teams point wise, but the -14 goal difference after 8 games must set the alarm bells ringing.

Good management team at the club. Some players at the club are obviously not pulling their weight, they need to be replaced.

Very quickly.

thats it in a nutshell. Players that have been good for us in the past just aren't doing it anymore. McPherson being out injured didn't help either.

what a load of rubbish.

Pollok take one of the largest away supports in junior football, I think a Glenafton supporter commented on here that it was their biggest attendance for quite a while when we played them.

if that doesn't make them 'dyed in the wool' what does.

As for the sweetie rustler comment, despite not deserving a response, i will give you one. Pollok do have an element of older supporters, however over the last 3 years has attracted a lot more younger supporters who go home and away - think some may have given up on senior football.

I would say the average age of supporters in most junior clubs doesn't vary much.

what a load of rubbish.

Pollok take one of the largest away supports in junior football, I think a Glenafton supporter commented on here that it was their biggest attendance for quite a while when we played them.

As for the sweetie rustler comment, despite not deserving a response, i will give you one. Pollok do have an element of older supporters, however over the last 3 years has attracted a lot more younger supporters who go home and away - think some may have given up on senior football.

I would say the average age of supporters in most junior clubs doesn't vary much.

Aye I'll have to agree Pollok have a cracking support. Just a wee bit of ribbing SP ;-D

what a load of rubbish.

I would say Glenafton fan said same about our support last season and average age of our support would be in its 30s I reckon.. but hey its same old argument about crowds.. ours is a regular very good support and only 3 clubs in this league bring a decent support to us.. Talbot. Pollok and Beith for obvious reasons Beith bring bigger support then it's Pollok then talbot but again talbot would prob bring more if the bellend fixture guy would stop landing us with midweek end of season home game to talbot..I mean it's every year ha.. shettleston lad told me our support was biggest he had seen in years so take from that what you want as well

I would say Glenafton fan said same about our support last season and average age of our support would be in its 30s I reckon.. but hey its same old argument about crowds.. ours is a regular very good support and only 3 clubs in this league bring a decent support to us.. Talbot. Pollok and Beith for obvious reasons Beith bring bigger support then it's Pollok then talbot but again talbot would prob bring more if the bellend fixture guy would stop landing us with midweek end of season home game to talbot..I mean it's every year ha.. shettleston lad told me our support was biggest he had seen in years so take from that what you want as well

Beith take an amazing crowd to Kilbirnie.

I honestly don't want to get all Talboty here but I reckon we take 1,000 over the Beith loch to kilbirnie even on a bad day .

It's swarming with Beith fans :) :)

Very quickly.

Must agree larky the sooner they hunt that wee mccann to talbot the better,, i would take him in a heart beat

I like Strain as he's one of the few managers who turns up in a shirt and tie.

You are obsessed with size Ginger.:-)

haha am so not.. it's an obsession on here who has biggest support but we all know exactly who takes better away supports.. it's in the last post. Personally don't care what folk bring but you gotta agree we are well overdue a Saturday you lads visit us and not midweek end of season

Beith take an amazing crowd to Kilbirnie.

I honestly don't want to get all Talboty here but I reckon we take 1,000 over the Beith loch to kilbirnie even on a bad day .

It's swarming with Beith fans :) :)

haha I was thinking about 3000 when we come to Beith

Archived