The Story of Pie and Bovril - The Story of All of Us

Dindeleux

I've been thinking about doing this for quite a while, it may end up an absolute disaster (hopefully not to Addie levels of shitness) but I'm going for it anyway.

Welcome to the The Story of Pie and Bovril - The Story of All of Us.

This will be an attempt to give a chornological (if thats the right fucking word) account of the history of this great website - month by month, year by year.

What I've decided to do is start off with a few key P+B events to which I will attempt to add through time. I would ask for everyone (who can be fucked) to pitch in ideas, either by linking to the thread and/or posting the gist of the thread and why it should be added and I will try to find it.

I will be including the debut of some prominent posters - I will no doubt miss some out who either I haven't heard of or I have just completely forgotten about (which would indicate that they shouldn't really be in the story anyway). Some Box Office posters will of course be included. Famous bannings will also be included.

I've used the Gold forum to get me off to a start and some threads/events that I remember. Through time I will update this OP with more I remember and any gems that come up through discussion on the thread.

This is The Story of Pie and Bovril - The Story of All of Us.

January – Pie and Bovril is born following the failures of the Scottish Football Online forum. Div, the site owner, plans his extension to his council house due to expected advertising income. 12 years later he owns a mansion and a yacht whilst we all suffer from slow loading pages and horrible advertisements.

May – Swampy, possibly the original box office poster, joins P+B. Swampy claims to live in America and some people claim that he is a Div alias whose role is to increase the amount of traffic on the board. Swampy was later banned – but then brought back for a short period in 2015. He has since been re-banned.

July – Philpy joins the forum. Philpy will become known for downright lies around ambulances and ailments he suffers from, over-familiarisation (or attempted over-familarisation) and obvious attention seeking.

September - Beyemystic (who would be known as one of the greatest Celtic supporting posters - which to be fair wasn't hard) joins the forum.

October – Law Stud/Stuart Dickson joins P+B. A half fantasist, half moron. He was the original troll and had many a temporary ban. Hated nurses and call centres.

May – vikingTON joins P+B. Through sheer volume vikingTON has became the unofficial (official though) king of the box office. People steal his patter, people follow him, people bite – basically people notice him. He takes the whole thing very very seriously. VikingTON has a major role in P+B and its history.

June – XBL joins the forum. Anyone who interacted with XBL will know that he is an absolute clown. In saying this he is still a key player in the P+B story. Likes getting used by girls in nightclubs.

October - Dundeebarry joins P+B. Barry became a bit of celebrity amongst the wider forum audience but I think he was well known amongst the Dundee fans anyway for his humour and writing style. It took a few years and an idea he stole from BBC before he really hit the spotlight.

January - Supras (the man of a million aliases) joined the site. Another St Mirren fan, another troll. Supras quickly became one of the biggest liars on P+B, making many many wild claims and later either completely denying them or adding so much spin that the world was at one time at risk of turning in on itself.

Had some glorious (ly mind numbing) battles of (half) wit(s) with HB on the Misc football forum but his head was truly destroyed on the Mario Balotelli thread. Still owes me from a bet on that thread that he completely denys ever making and eventally got himself banned to avoid the embarrassment of his lies any longer.

November/December – Pie and Bovril unites to send X Factor winner Alexandra Burke to Peterhead for a gig: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/119259-vote-for-peterhead/page-1

February – The “Worst Dates/Offers thread” begins http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/123601-worst-date-offer/ , and before long introduces us to the poster Hibernia22. What follows is some fantastic ripping of the proverbial piss whilst Hibernia22 has no idea what is happening – something he would later deny. Hibernia22 later left the forum, not before being torn to shreds on a Call of Duty thread where again he completely missed the point. Either a fantastic troll or a total idiot.

Also in February - Leigh Griffiths blog kicks off on the BBC. This was pretty well recieved on here and gave everyone a wee chuckly. Our mad afro haired ginger from Dundee, dundeebarry, took it to another level though: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/124002-the-alternative-leigh-griffiths-blog/page-2

October - The absolute destruction of poster lol @ celtic occured in this thread http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/135424-st-mirren-craig-thomson-v-rngers/

November – The Misspelt Footballers/MS paint thread was born. To this day still one of the funniest threads in P+B history: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/161111-misspelt-footballers/

January – Magee joins the forum. His web of lies and deceit begins, not before some belters are rolled out like “Henrik Larsson cures depression”, “Catching phones during a riot” and “I am not a sex offender”. Oh Magee. His wife is apparently very hot and, allegedly, very scared.

February – Rangers FC financial mismanagement and cheating finally catches up with them as they slip into administration – followed eventually by liquidation and death. The BRALT is born. I won’t even link to it here as it is dreadful.

June – The Rangers International Football Club are born. 3 years later we are still seeing denials of this.

August - Shawfield Shed Boy buys some trainers from a dodgy website...........and then this happens: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/185540-dodgy-web-sites-that-dont-look-it/

May - Lexi Collector establishes "Club Dece".

May - Magees alter-ego 8MileBU joins the forum. From picking/throwing shite to making his 4 year old daughter cry. Magee's brother from another mother has proven to a dreadful addition to the forum.

October – “The 50 Best posters in P+B history” thread began. This was an amazing effort and it led to multiple examples of heads gone, resignations and bannings: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/206729-the-50-best-posters-in-p-b-history/

November – Pie and Bovril members infiltrate Mumsnet. A fantastic thread which leads to national newspaper coverage and eventually Div absolutely bottling it and having the thread stopped. http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/207358-full-time-mummy-brigade/page-1

January – The “Your Old Stadium” thread was created by QLP of open letter fame. There was hardly a dry eye in the house with the reminiscing in this thread: http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/209779-your-old-stadium/

April - A Kilmarnock staff member called Tamara created a scanadalous rumour that she forged players signatures on registration forms. This led to Killie fan QLP doing his usual (thinking he is more important than he really is) and penning an open letter to Tamara. The entire thread was an absolute lol-a-thon and the allegations eventually proved false. I would be keen to know what happened to Tamara in the aftermath of this. Did Kilmarnock sue her? If not then I can only ask why not - did she have other dirt (true this time though) on the club and they were afraid to go after her? Also, I think it was during this thread that it became known that QLP owed the Kilmarnock fans trust money............which as far as I know is still unpaid.

Year Long – Pie and Bovril (and Scotland in general) goes election and politics mad. The Politics forum is born. Mass resignations and bannings have been as of result of this forum. Some posters not known to the rest of us post solely in this forum. It is one level up in terms of absolute roasters from the Junior forum.

May – St Mirren are relegated which confirms the end of the original Pie and Bovril St Mirren/Falkirk mafia. Some of the bum chums involved still believe the mafia rules but everyone else knows the truth. It would appear that the sites usability took a dip after Saints took a dip – Div doesn’t appear as bothered by the site as he originally was.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alternative Leigh Griffiths Blog thread or GTFO.

Aye ok lads I will add.

Didn't want to have too much of "This thread was created/that thread was created" straight away. Tried to get a mix.

It is one level up in terms of absolute roasters from the Junior forum.

Harsh. It is undeniable that it has it's roasters, but level up from the juniors???? It's no worse than any other section of the site.

Any story should mention the site's number one poster Booitsme7 who averages about 60 posts every day since he joined.

Archived