Newton V Saints

Went to Newton Saints game today as Wigtown game off. Thought Newton were worth the win, 2-1 flattered Saints who IMO were poor. If Robert Middletons decision making was better towards end of game, it could have been 4 or 5, although the boy scored an absolute outstanding goal. Saints offered very litle, even less from their technical area. When things not going your way, you look to the dugout for direction, encouragement and to lift the team. Saints were out of luck on that front then. Could be the start of a very bad couple of weeks for Saints. Wonder what Rabs take will be this week, 90% possession and 2 lucky goals, although we had 40 passes without Newton touching the ball haha

Went to Newton Saints game today as Wigtown game off. Thought Newton were worth the win, 2-1 flattered Saints who IMO were poor. If Robert Middletons decision making was better towards end of game, it could have been 4 or 5, although the boy scored an absolute outstanding goal. Saints offered very litle, even less from their technical area. When things not going your way, you look to the dugout for direction, encouragement and to lift the team. Saints were out of luck on that front then. Could be the start of a very bad couple of weeks for Saints. Wonder what Rabs take will be this week, 90% possession and 2 lucky goals, although we had 40 passes without Newton touching the ball haha

also Dendo hit the post and Johnny fished put a header just wide aswell. Big rab was quiet

also Dendo hit the post and Johnny fished put a header just wide aswell. Big rab was quiet

That was the point I was making mate, when the going got tough, their manager and coaches went AWOL, they couldnt lift them for whatever reason. Their phisio was the only person in their dugout trying to get them going which must be a concern to Saints fans. Rab only repeats what they shout as he has nothing to offer to lift his team. If they do get paid, I would be asking for a refund going by this performance They hit the post as well to be fair but overall, Newton were worth the win and dinnae get paid.

That was the point I was making mate, when the going got tough, their manager and coaches went AWOL, they couldnt lift them for whatever reason. Their phisio was the only person in their dugout trying to get them going which must be a concern to Saints fans. Rab only repeats what they shout as he has nothing to offer to lift his team. If they do get paid, I would be asking for a refund going by this performance They hit the post as well to be fair but overall, Newton were worth the win and dinnae get paid.

it was a good entertaining game. But Newton fell out of it for 10 minutes after the saints goal. Middleton turned the saints defence asif they werny there

it was a good entertaining game. But Newton fell out of it for 10 minutes after the saints goal. Middleton turned the saints defence asif they werny there

Aye, he coulod have had 2 or 3 quite easily. Thought him, Gucci for Newton (for first hour at least) and Scooby for Saints were the standouts. Scooby stopped them from getting pumped. Chasing the game, why did Rab take a center half off and replace him with another center half ? Nae tactical football brain, starting to get found out. Ginge running that team from what I hear, Rab does the water bottles. Player wasnt happy getting subbed when he went off, thats for sure.

You 're right, our physio does a great job....but unlike yours he doesn't have to play centre forward like yours coz nobody wants to play for dougan. No complaints today, can't win em all my 12 fingered friend. Your obviously in celebratory mood tonight so I guess your sister will be sore tomorrow! Some sights today at Scaremount, like a cast reunion from the hills have eyes but par for the course when you cross the county line. It's looking well though, love what they've done to the place.

You 're right, our physio does a great job....but unlike yours he doesn't have to play centre forward like yours coz nobody wants to play for dougan. No complaints today, can't win em all my 12 fingered friend. Your obviously in celebratory mood tonight so I guess your sister will be sore tomorrow! Some sights today at Scaremount, like a cast reunion from the hills have eyes but par for the course when you cross the county line. It's looking well though, love what they've done to the place.

Firstly, I take offence to your post and its inaccuracies. I have 14 fingers, not 12, and I don't have a sister. Bugger when you are trying yo get gloves that fit. Think they have the same problem at Dundrennan haha.

Must have touched a raw nerve with you matey as the only bit football related you choose to give a reply to was about your Phisio and not your manager Ginge, sorry Rab. Cant wait to see Rabs take on game in paper, should be good going by recent form or will Ginge be doing paper quotes now ? Do Saints only put the games they win on webpage and Facebook ?

Anyway, let's keep it sensible and football related .

PS. Apologize for any spelling mistakes, hard to type with 14 fingers !

I didn't make yesterday's game, but heard Saints had their chances. They hit the woodwork and had a stone wall penalty for handball turned down by all accounts.

But why is someone from Bladnoch so interested in their cousins from Newton Stewart? Or is that just keeping it in the family again!

I didn't make yesterday's game, but heard Saints had their chances. They hit the woodwork and had a stone wall penalty for handball turned down by all accounts.

But why is someone from Bladnoch so interested in their cousins from Newton Stewart? Or is that just keeping it in the family again!

Read the original post. I was at game as was half the Wigtown team/Managment and supporters as it was the only Wigtownshire game to survive the weather. It was either Newton or Sky Soccer Saturday. When you lot dont like a post, post about anything other than football. Take it on the chin and stop whining, it hurts me to say but the better team, Newton, on the day won. Pity it wasnt the league. If Edu play the team you put out yesterday, you will get pumped, as we were by them. Would hold their own in Lowland, no problem.

A pretty feeble attempt to avoid the obvious fact that the team is clearly overated based on that performance but I'm sure you'll bounce back next week ! Best of luck chasing down Edu because you're clearly going to need it

A couple of issues here guys.

Know nothing about much Saints manager but when you go down 5 nil in Scottish cup before half time you would wonder. Fed up with whines about how good highland league teams are , Cameron has the cream of D&G players, no preparation could possibly have taken palace for that macth.

Fast forward Newton v Saints....a 'manager's jaicket' and a car wi a personalised plate is not enough to take a team forward.

Old story , and I'm afraid I have no answer....who would want the job ????

Secondly , obsession with Dumfries teams makes no sense. Drop it.

Drop it.

As you say, you know nothing much about the Saints manager. What has a jacket and a number plate got to do with anything? That's a pretty poor jibe really. Saints have gone from an pretty average South side last season to a pretty good one this season, and it's the manager who has put that side together. He's lost 3 games all season, only 2 at South level so as a St Mary's Park regular what's not to like? Drop it.

Bladnoch Bandit, wash your hands before you touch any of my nerves.....I don't want to smell your sister!

Know nothing about much Saints manager but when you go down 5 nil in Scottish cup before half time you would wonder. Fed up with whines about how good highland league teams are , Cameron has the cream of D&G players, no preparation could possibly have taken palace for that macth.

Fast forward Newton v Saints....a 'manager's jaicket' and a car wi a personalised plate is not enough to take a team forward.

Drop it.

What he said .

As you say, you know nothing much about the Saints manager. What has a jacket and a number plate got to do with anything? That's a pretty poor jibe really. Saints have gone from an pretty average South side last season to a pretty good one this season, and it's the manager who has put that side together. He's lost 3 games all season, only 2 at South level so as a St Mary's Park regular what's not to like? Drop it.

Bladnoch Bandit, wash your hands before you touch any of my nerves.....I don't want to smell your sister!

There you go, bang on que. somebody posts something you don't like and you deflect away from football, just like your team did on Saturday. Even your name on here, calling yourself a lord, has a certain arrogance about it, a n I am better than you kind of view. I could get really cheap on here, go on about how It's Ginges team, the incentives you give your players etc. Don't get me started or you will end up with egg on your snobby Lord face as I have plenty more ammo in my 14 fingered hands.

Drop it.

Must take issue with "cream of D&G players".To name but a few Lewis Rchardson and Micky Wilson.Robert Middleton and Ryan McKie.Jonny Fisher and Graham Blain. Could go on but people might think I am biased toward Newton Stewart !!!

Must take issue with "cream of D&G players".To name but a few Lewis Rchardson and Micky Wilson.Robert Middleton and Ryan McKie.Jonny Fisher and Graham Blain. Could go on but people might think I am biased toward Newton Stewart !!!

Gary McCutcheon... Enough said!!

• 3 weeks later...

Americanos.......woooohhaoo..Blue jeans and chinos!!!

Archived