TODAYS SCORES,RESULTS

maurice shavez

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Crazy game at hamilton park today,dalry 3 Up in 20 minutes including very strange penalty???girvan rallied back helped by two dalry red cards and in end was 7 going on 15 .another 3 points tho well done lads on an awful day for footy .mon the seasiders!!

Final Score - St Roch's 2 : Johnstone Burgh 2

Gutted to drop points after being 2 up, however the second half was as end to end I had seen this season. I suppose you'd say for the fight back and some missed chances, Burgh probably deserved the point...but still frustrating, especially when we missed some great chances at 2-0.

Tough wee league this! Another decent attendance at James McGrory today.

Linlithgow next up!

It certainly was some game. End to end and a great advert for junior football.

Very good result for Pollok after going a goal down against a good Beith side.

Took in this as a neutral and was a good game right enough. Reckon Pollok need to strengthen their forward line though, not overly impressed by either Winters brother.

Lithgie should have had the game wrapped up in the first,if you don't take yer chances then yer fooked.

Agreed. Completely dominated the game all over the pitch but caused our own problems by not taking any one of half a dozen good chances in the first half. In fact I don't think we actually hit a clean shot at goal until coco leathered his effort in with 5 to play. The strikers really need to start putting their chances away - we can't keep being this wasteful. Masked an otherwise strong performance although Weir's red card tackle was very poor.

Took in this as a neutral and was a good game right enough. Reckon Pollok need to strengthen their forward line though, not overly impressed by either Winters brother.

Robbies movement was excellent however his final ball wasn't up to it today. Davies skill brought Pollok right back into it - he held the ball up well and also got on the score sheet, not sure what more to expect from the guy.

Watching these guys every week along with the options of McKenzie, Higgins and Hepburn to play up top, I don't think we are short up front.

Robbies movement was excellent however his final ball wasn't up to it today. Davies skill brought Pollok right back into it - he held the ball up well and also got on the score sheet, not sure what more to expect from the guy.

Watching these guys every week along with the options of McKenzie, Higgins and Hepburn to play up top, I don't think we are short up front.

Good forwards has never been Pollok's problem, defence has been though. Long as they get their defensive problems sorted out absolutely no reason why Pollok shouldn't be a genuine contender for honours in the next year or so.

Agreed. Completely dominated the game all over the pitch but caused our own problems by not taking any one of half a dozen good chances in the first half. In fact I don't think we actually hit a clean shot at goal until coco leathered his effort in with 5 to play. The strikers really need to start putting their chances away - we can't keep being this wasteful. Masked an otherwise strong performance although Weir's red card tackle was very poor.

Correct,we've got to stick they chances away,looking in just now looks like the league's gonny go to the wire,draws are no good never mind a defeat.

Good forwards has never been Pollok's problem, defence has been though. Long as they get their defensive problems sorted out absolutely no reason why Pollok shouldn't be a genuine contender for honours in the next year or so.

I think we have out best defence in quite a while. However I don't think we are strong enough in the middle of the park compared to the very best teams at this level. That then at times can leave the defence exposed and make our frailties look like they are in defence.

But hopefully you are right and we are up their challenging very soon. Certainly the way Tony has been building our team over the 23 months he has been with us it wouldn't surprise me. But first priority is to get ourself safe this season and then see where it goes from there.

You have to be joking.Davie and Robbie worked brilliantly today and constantly gave Beith problems!

I thought Davie was excellent but I think he'd benefit more from someone with mobility next to him as opposed to Robbie.

Robbie was fine today tbf, but he's not a long term option. I'm amazed that anyone is praising David, very lazy performance today, hard work might not be his style but he didn't seem up for it at all.

Archived