P&B Shite Celebrity Crimbo Light Switch On Award

I'm Brian

13 minutes ago, Dee Man said:

The guy on the right, who's name escapes me, is the brother of DJ Clueso from Hijack for those who are familiar with their early 90s UK hip hop. 

Are you telling me that there were white people in Hijack, the criminal group? 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We had our big switch on at the weekend.

They don't half kick the arse out of these things, the event in Giffnock ran from 13.00-18.00 and there was feck all there. I don't see the point in setting up a 5 hour event with about 45 minutes worth of 'entertainment' for a button press that takes all of 20 seconds including the countdown.

The lights were turned on by the 'stars' of STV Glasgow, Jennifer Reoch and David Farrell. Jennifer was very easy on the eye but the fireworks were a bit of a damp squib! I put on a better show for bonfire night last week.

CxFLr7mWgAAhvHS.jpg

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

Are you telling me that there were white people in Hijack, the criminal group? 

Ya man. Just the one white guy.

Excuse my pedantry but it's 'the terrorist group' if you don't mind.

Just now, Dee Man said:

Ya man. Just the one white guy.

Excuse my pedantry but it's 'the terrorist group' if you don't mind.

I knew criminal group didn't sound right. Thanks for re-introducing them to my ears again recently. The beats on I had to serve you are so crisp. My car stereo can't cope with some of the bass these days some of these hip hop people use. 

1 hour ago, Shandon Par said:

I knew criminal group didn't sound right. Thanks for re-introducing them to my ears again recently. The beats on I had to serve you are so crisp. My car stereo can't cope with some of the bass these days some of these hip hop people use. 

I think The Badman Is Robbin on full blast was the final straw for my next door neighbour. They swapped houses with someone a few doors up and said they couldn't handle the music coming out of our house. Not once did they ask me to turn it down. Weirdos.

4 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

I already told you who was going to be at the Perth light "festival".

Where did you get the info that East 17 were doing it?

Sorry - it says "Christmas Lights After Party" now in the Courier .. I may have misread it this morning or they have hastily reworded it..

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/313329/east-17-announced-perths-christmas-lights-party/  

1 minute ago, Shandon Par said:

Sorry - it says "Christmas Lights After Party" now in the Courier .. I may have misread it this morning or they have hastily reworded it..

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news/local/perth-kinross/313329/east-17-announced-perths-christmas-lights-party/  

They reckon that basil brush and the provost will switch the lights on together. c***s wasting more tax payers cash on East 17 as well as Professor Green, Slade and Fluer East. I hate Perth Council probably as much as the music they're into.

3 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

They reckon that basil brush and the provost will switch the lights on together. c***s wasting more tax payers cash on East 17 as well as Professor Green, Slade and Fluer East. I hate Perth Council probably as much as the music they're into.

Rig some explosives to the button. Basil can then say his catchphrase with a degree of authority and topicality. 

a971050ab98823c8bf418ddb0db6f5c0.jpg

1 minute ago, tree house tam said:

Coincidentally a colleague of mine visited Perth Council recently for work and for some reason they decided to get a lot of stuff off their chest about political correctness and diversity quotas etc.

Might have been because he's a 'brown person' right enough, probably the only one they could find to vent their spleen at in Perth. Sound like a right lovely bunch, they'll probably have kittens when they see what Fleur East looks like.

Listening to the radio, it sounds like the usual x-factor wankers doing the light switch ons around Scotland again this year. 

Last year Falkirk done the right thing by running a schools competition and got a young kid to turn the lights on with the hottest burd I've ever seen dressed as that Frozen burd Anna. Hopefully they do the same this year!

ETA Found last years video 

That's Elsa, Anna is the ginger one.

On 11/10/2016 at 19:31, Günther said:

Listening to the radio, it sounds like the usual x-factor wankers doing the light switch ons around Scotland again this year. 

Last year Falkirk done the right thing by running a schools competition and got a young kid to turn the lights on with the hottest burd I've ever seen dressed as that Frozen burd Anna. Hopefully they do the same this year!

I had to re-read this a number of times. I was seeing it as 

On 11/10/2016 at 19:31, Günther said:

Last year Falkirk done the right thing by running a schools competition and got a young kid to turn the lights on and she was the hottest burd I've ever seen dressed as that Frozen burd Anna. Hopefully they do the same this year!

and thought Gunther was getting a remarkably easy ride. 

6 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Would seem that Stirling is getting 'The Voice UK's Stevie McCrorie'.

Well, according to this dubiously sourced* list here anyway: http://www.findmeagift.co.uk/topics/christmas-lights-switch-on#Scotland

He's doing a tour of the Forth Valley, it would seem.

That's the kind of pish we always end up with, but you'd like to think Stirling could've attracted something a bit less Z-list.

Archived