Why did you join Pie and Bovril?

squidger

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuinely no idea. I was never a member of any other forum and I haven't a clue how I even heard of the place.

Spend too much time on here as my post count says (tbf a LOT of my early posts were just smilies at the St Mirren and Clyde (?) trolls Capt. Sensible/Fast action's japes)

I was a member of the Scottish Fans Forum(?) on the BBC, but how I ended up here I canna mind.

Ditto to the post count!

I used to post on raith fan talk and someone on there mentioned P&B so I checked it out, turned out to have much better, less biased match reports with the added bonus of the misc football, gambling and GN which I read a lot.

I've since stopped posting on fan talk.

After 'lurking' for a few months I thought 'P&B needs someone like me'.

Given the great support I have received on this site I am glad to know that I have been proven right.

^^ 38th biggest c**t on here

I joined after stumbling across the site by accident. I wanted to find a place to talk about Scottish football on the net. I had joined another forum before (can't even remember its name) but it kept crashing and that's how I went looking and found here.

My first post on here was to find out what the ticket arrangements were for a cup game between Thistle and Deveronvale. That was almost 9 years ago. I feel very old.

One common theme I see on here is folk really hate their respective club's fan's websites. For me, I think it's much more fun mixing with other fans of clubs and the match threads are far more interesting.

Aye they seem to attract the biggest roasters, sad sacks and blinkered morons of each team's support

Yeah.... I could say the same about CTO. It was when one of that site's senior bods started to slag off P&B at every opportunity I decided to take a look.

I've been here ever since.

:)

Folk on dafc.net used to slag thos site off as well (probably still do) and tried to make out they were all superior. I imagine it's the same across the fan run club forums

I was member of Scotishfitba.net and Rivals so just evolved into P&B.... 12 years ago. ????

First 11 years spent in whatever league forum Dumbarton were in. Only started venturing beyond last year. Sometimes wish I hadn't now.....

Div used to administer the Morton forum, so there was a fair bit of traffic between the two sites.

The Morton forum remains far from the worst club forum out there, but there were uppity Clyde fans and other bumpkins needing to be put in their place by Morton's return to professional football in 2007-08. Which has proved to be an inevitable, crushing success.

Archived