Strachan on BT sport proving now why Scotland should have got rid of h

Guest DAVIDB69

Guest DAVIDB69

Celtics bad European results are apparently because of the spl and changing around leagues it's been a top 12 for about 15 years.

What he means it's because there is no rangers there.

But if the Celtic players are poor he still picks them.

He basically closed the door there and then to any non Celtic spl players getting a cap

Guest DAVIDB69

Spfl then looking back at it he probably closed the door for good on any non Celtic spfl players with his speech.

It was a big speech for someone will so little to back it up

I want to know what 'h' Scotland should have got rid of. Herpes? ****? Hitler? Hackie McNamara?

Or is he calling for a radical overhaul of the alphabet?

Heroin?...Hampden?.... Hackitt wummin ?

I think we should be told.

Tbf, this isn't a new idea from Strachan.

Indeed on Sky around the turn of the year he called for Rangers and Hibs to be "engineered" into the Premiership, IIRC.

Its a ridiculous slap in the face for all the Scots playing outwith those sides when hes constantly bemoaning their, deserved, place in the Championship.

Unrelated but I observe that Alan Hutton will enter the Roll of Honour on achieving his next (50th) cap. Which is startling...

It is in a way, but I'm not sure 50 caps is considered such a huge achievement by any other country. Look at Glen Johnson, for example, 54 caps for England and he's a very average performer. I don't remember any sort of fanfare when he got his 50th? Perhaps it would be wise to make it 100 caps for the hall of fame, so we don't have reams of honest (but a bit sh*te) players getting into it?

That said, 50 caps is a fine achievement for a guy like Hutton, but you could argue that he like many others in the squad/recent times should have been on way more by now (Hutton was a bit of a sicknote for Scotland for a few years IIRC - though if someone can flag up stats to say otherwise, fair enough). For some guys like Gordon, Fletcher (D) and McFadden and, to an extent, Brown, this was down to injury, but others have been too quick to call off (Brown is partially in this category too) or have been subject to casual chopping and changing/scattergun selection by the manager.

• 2 weeks later...

Weird, Tartan Army has never taken to Hutton, a guy who despite his faults attempts to play on the front foot, takes people on and wins us countless free kicks high up pitch.

Yet Christina Dailly, Graham Alexander and Stephen Pressley are worshipped as folk heroes despite all three being dismal just dismal.

Archived