Clyde vs Loltrose

Thought we played well today and seemed to be a wee bit more creative. We applied alot of pressure early on, as we have done ( or tried to) all season the difference being we managed to get a goal out it. Marsh's goal was simple but thought he was very brave in going for it against the keeper. Marsh has to be a starter in midfield now for me, he adds alot in terms of covering ground and covering positions, simple things like that make a huge difference. Brisbane at QP offered Mitchell no protection and that is why QP had a alot of joy down his side. Marsh also makes a alot of late runs in the box which causes havoc for defenders, can see him hitting double figures if he gets a good run in that position.

Fergie had a good game, but as said was going up against an out of position left back, but nearly scored a really tidy goal and was denied but an excellent save of the Mo goalie, hopefully onward and upward for him. However I am suprised by the praise being put on Gormley, as I have been very unimpressed with him so far. He looks a wee bit of the pace at the moment and should have pounced on a glorious chance after the keeper parried it in his direction after a Marsh header early on. Same thing happened against East Fife when the ball came across but he showed no intuition to get in front of his man for a tap in to which BF called him lazy. He also seems to take a while to do things that should happen faster, hes caught dribbling alot and ends up going backwards when he could have moved the ball a bit quicker. I cant question his work rate he runs alot and can hold the ball up well. Maybe being out wide isnt suited to his style of play?

A confident performance from a team that looked gelled, albeit against a very understrength Montrose who have came on leaps and bounds this season. This could prove to be a very big game for us and we can hopefully push on from here.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gotta love how the big bad boo boys have been shown right up, and had their words rammed right down their throat....eh, naw!! Undoubtedly the most gullible and deluded supporters around. On all fronts. The vast majority of the stayaways and booboys, as so eloquently labelled, certainly weren't getting pats on the back from anyone when vocally supporting a team worthy of the name when we had one. What's it to be when Saturday's cheerleaders have had enough of the bullshit, can they f**k off too??

clearly the boo boys were singularly responsible for the defeat at formartine and the total crap performances against berwick and Stirling at home :)

the team and manager deserved stick for the performances similarly they should be praised for the win yesterday funnily enough didn't see unerring backing of BF and the team last couple if weeks

anybody who thinks that diehard Clyde fans actually want the club to lose is frankly off their f****** trolley

Been to QP and the game yesterday since the shambles of the cup game.

We all want the team to win, to suggest otherwise would be foolish at best.

My gripe is not with BF or the players. Its the board, simple as that. They have no long term strategy that I can see. They had the pay the debts off as their own aim, now that is largely done (other than this seasons overspend/shortfall) they seem not to know where to go next.

A fans club, where the fans are kept in the dark. Where a £35 fee is seen as more important than a season ticket and paying a the gate.

These are the issues, what happens on the pitch is a sideshow just now. The lack of leadership and vision off is the issue.

Can you explain your penultimate paragraph, Clyde 66?

I presume that was to me?

If so, the fans membership fee is seen by the club as a reason to keep info titibits from the other supporters. A fan attending everyweek will get less info that fans paying an annual fee. Non members will be asked to stump up if they want to ask a question of the board or if they want info re the lack of off-field activity. The model is wrong and does not work.

Thanks for the reply, Clyde66.

So nobody should pay a membership fee? We should all turn up with a season ticket or pay on the gate?

I'm a member as I live in Sheffield.

I subscribe to the Clyde View.

Those are the two simplest ways for me to put funds into the club.

You're correct that the lack of information is frustrating.

It was for me before and since I joined the "ownership" model.

I'm as concerned as the next fan about our future. I also don't like a schism forming amongst our dwindling fan base. Us and them politics would be an extremely unsatisfactory outcome.

(Try to read this in a cheery voice because that's the way I wrote it!)

Thanks for the reply, Clyde66.

So nobody should pay a membership fee? We should all turn up with a season ticket or pay on the gate?

I'm a member as I live in Sheffield.

I subscribe to the Clyde View.

Those are the two simplest ways for me to put funds into the club.

You're correct that the lack of information is frustrating.

It was for me before and since I joined the "ownership" model.

I'm as concerned as the next fan about our future. I also don't like a schism forming amongst our dwindling fan base. Us and them politics would be an extremely unsatisfactory outcome.

(Try to read this in a cheery voice because that's the way I wrote it!)

Nothing personal Max, but why should you get news before someone who buys a season ticket or pays at the game everygame?

Many wont buy a membership now as its seen as support for a board that treats the fans with disdain. Fan membership has divided the fan base and its not helped by the club who has a chairman and tells fans they are not required.

I presume that was to me?

If so, the fans membership fee is seen by the club as a reason to keep info titibits from the other supporters. A fan attending everyweek will get less info that fans paying an annual fee. Non members will be asked to stump up if they want to ask a question of the board or if they want info re the lack of off-field activity. The model is wrong and does not work.

What a bizarre answer. I can understand the criticism of the communication but was it any better before supporter ownership?

You now have legal ability to pay a nominal fee which allows you to question the board, vote on appointments and stand for election yourself. Under the old structure then the board had no legal responsibility to even acknowledge your existence.

Look at Rangers. Their fans would have loved the opportunity to be able to pay £35 to hold their boards to account. Instead they had to repeatedly turn up to AGMs where faceless companies were able to outvote supporters.

Memberships can't be dished out free as the club needs an income and legally you need members to be active to get things done. The price a membership should be will be a constant source of debate.

Supporter ownership has been a convenient scapegoat for some at a club with a multitude problems. In reality these problems would exist no matter what the structure of ownership.

Why is supporter ownership in an more costly but extremely similar model embraced by Hearts fans but resisted by what seems a lot of Clyde fans?

great magazine :)

What do you mean, 'schism forming'?? The support's already in bits. It was the club who stopped engaging with fans, the same fans who dug deep on numerous occasions to keep the club barely alive. The fans they palpably don't need any more. It's so blatant, it isn't even disguised. For those of us who have actually gotten off our arse, and witnessed this, it's a helluva slap in the face. Us and them??? Lol.

Many wont buy a membership now as its seen as support for a board that treats the fans with disdain.

That's a cop out. Becoming a member no more supports the board than Rangers fans buying up shares showed support for Charles Green et all.

Become a member and go to meetings and give them hell. Vote against appointments. Make your voice heard. Make it uncomfortable for them and have them in no doubt that they need to listen.

Carping on here over and over again does literally nothing.

That's a cop out. Becoming a member no more supports the board than Rangers fans buying up shares showed support for Charles Green et all.

Become a member and go to meetings and give them hell. Vote against appointments. Make your voice heard. Make it uncomfortable for them and have them in no doubt that they need to listen.

Maybe you should go check facts. Even with membership the board is largely unaccountable. They have been guilty of lying, with holding information and treating the support with total disdain.

We did get as much info pre fan ownership. Now its drip, drip and rumour.

In your opinion. I would suggest shoring up a board does more damage. Maybe if the Zombies had withheld money from Green they would not have had the ongoing issues.

Archived