Stranraer -vs- Stenhousemuir

Another frustrating day! First half nothing in the game but indecision in our defence (and a kind break of the ball) gave Stenny the lead. Paul Cairney's mistake led to their second and that was it really. Would be unfair to say everyone played bad but we need to be better organised at the back and show a little bit more spirit. We don't seem to be getting many breaks in front of goal but in this game you make your own luck.

Nequecar showed glimpses of ability and with a few more matches under his belt should do well - wasn't anything special today though. McClusky looked like a decent player but I would have preferred to see him out wide on the right where we have been lacking all season. Will reserve judgement on Dick but again might have been better in a more natural position. (i.e. full back)

Poor organisation defensively, players out of position, crucial mistakes by recent signings and a general decline in the desire (be unfair to say they not trying) of the players who burst a gut for the club last season seems to be the story of the first 3 months of the season. All of those things can be linked to the management skills of the man in charge.

We have made a mistake appointing Reid and I think it time to hold up our hands. make a change and we move on. Given the progress the club has made recently I don't think many fans would be stupid enough to dwell on it - committee have got a lot more right than wrong recently. Nobody gets every call right and it would be a lot better if we just conceded whats becoming more obvious by the day and gave ourselves a fighting chance of recovery. Hey I really wanted to believe today could be a turning point but in reality its time to stop kidding ourselves on. Its worth noting though that my optimism was based on the fact we finally had a left back and a right midfielder - he then proceeded to play both elsewhere. We need a new man at the helm and most of those criticising Reid are purely doing so because they believe its best for the club.

P.S. Just watched his post match interview - body language says it all. Not sure he even believes his own excuses.

BEEFYBAKE , why are not responding to many many fans calling for the manager to go ,

I would kick him off the bus on the way home and tell him to walk the rest of the way, clueless manager!!! We now have a right midfielder so he plays him in AMC role and plays McGuigan on the right wtf, big guy up front did fine for his first game but up the pitch by himself most the game, Cairney yet again wtf is he doing on the pitch, contributes nothing, his fault for the second goal heading the ball straight into the path of Stenny player leaving defence no chance, then does same thing with a pass two minutes later, offer nothing at corners and nothing going forward. Formation all wrong and for a manager that surely is under pressure I would expect more from him than to sit back in the dugout legs crossed chilling out, seriously what kind of signal does that send to the players on the pitch. Been to last six games and today involved a long trek over the country moors standing in the rain, really fancied our chances this week but on what I have seen all my original posts still stand, time for change and people still backing him whilst I accept we all have difference of opinions but for me I don't want to watch us in the 2nd Division next season I want to see my team challenge for the play offs at the top of the table and that simply isn't going to happen with this idiot in charge.

Just one to respond to ....

Highlight was a lovely lunch in the bay house and a top crack with the Stenny lads pre match in Pavillion bar. As for the game the less said the better. Woefully inadequate. Clueless manager. Seasons a write off.

I don't really pay much attention to him, due to his location he can't get to games as often as us. Therefore, we are probably in a better position to judge.

Cheers James,

He talks utter cr@p, I'm getting really worried about where we are heading , I have never called for him to be sacked but its a huge gamble for the committee to back him and allow him to bring in extra players only to lose again, worrying times

I didn't make the game but highlight of the day was hearing that Batistuta mk II is in fact a haddie who got bossed by Malcolm

Give him a couple of months and I reckon he will have a good few goals under his belt - he was no dud........just a bit rusty!

Archived