Scottish Non-League Programme of the Year 2015-16

Burnie_man

It’s that time again to get your entries in for the 2015-2016 Scottish Non-League Programme of the Year awards backed by Programme Monthly magazine www.programmemonthly.com

Buckie Thistle were the inaugural winners in 2013-14, with Luncarty taking the title last season (with Gala Runners-up and Buckie third), however Buckie sadly no longer issue programmes as the editor has moved away, and Luncarty sadly folded at the end of last season, therefore the field is wide open for a new champion!

I’d like to invite entries from as wide a range of clubs as possible for the Highland League, Lowland League, Juniors, East of Scotland League and South of Scotland League. Each club should provide two separate issues from this season of which one must be from a league match. Both programmes must be from competitive matches, no friendlies or special one-off issues please.

We had 58 entries in 2013-14, which dropped to 42 last season, hopefully we can boost number again up over 50 this season. I have seen a fair few issues already and once again there are quality productions out there.

Entries will be open until April (so plenty time yet) and results will be published in the June or July 2016 edition and each club who enters will receive a copy of that months Programme Monthly upon request.

Please PM me for details, or email burnieman2@hotmail.com and please feel free to spread the word via other forums or to clubs directly.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel sorry for you giving up your time just to get shite like that....

It seems some people's noses get put out of joint when you try to do something good, and do it as fairly as you can.

A bit disheartened by hey ho, we'll carry on!

I'd be raging if I bought a programme full of adverts. Surely ye want to read something about the clubs involved. Fair enough have yer sponsors in but I always thought programmes were for reading.

I agree. I did like the Whitehill one this season (even though they did double the price for the Gretna match, Burnie take note). I particularly enjoyed the piece about the bloke who went away with Scotland to Georgia ;)

I'd be raging if I bought a programme full of adverts. Surely ye want to read something about the clubs involved. Fair enough have yer sponsors in but I always thought programmes were for reading.

You've got to get the right balance, too much adverts with too little reading content and people will stop buying it and then hardly anyone will see the adverts!

A lot of good original material always helps as well, some clubs go through the motions while others put a lot of effort in.

I agree. I did like the Whitehill one this season (even though they did double the price for the Gretna match, Burnie take note). I particularly enjoyed the piece about the bloke who went away with Scotland to Georgia ;)

:lol: ... heard he was signing copies in the bar after Cicero :)

Burnieman keep up the good work we will get a couple of copies into you.

Burnie you should make it a knockout competition, if we don't win it this season I come round & knock you out, no no just kidding. What I mean is you could do it by League & then the winners go programme to programme for the top prize?

Grimbo

Burnie you should make it a knockout competition, if we don't win it this season I come round & knock you out, no no just kidding. What I mean is you could do it by League & then the winners go programme to programme for the top prize?

Grimbo

The scores would still be the same though! but perhaps as well as having an overall winner, we publicise more the winners from each league.

• 1 month later...

Archived