#DonsAwayRetroDay - 28 November - Aberdeen vs Ross County

I think Shinnie will be moved into midfield alongside Flood, with McLean in a more attacking role and Considine being restored at left-back. If that's not the case, then McLean will probably be retained beside Flood, with Shinnie staying at left-back. I hope McInnes opts for the former.

I noticed Betfair had County at 4/1 to win this yesterday. Down to 15/4 now, which is still representing good value given everything.

A few tricky decisions for Derek. I'm not sure he can justify Logan starting anymore he's been woeful recently. But then you've got Taylor playing similarly. I reckon keep Shinnie left back, Quinn in at RB. one last chance for Taylor at CB.

Midfield not sure, don't like Mclean deep but if not shinnie/jack beside flood I'm not sure who. Can't justify starting Robson.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few tricky decisions for Derek. I'm not sure he can justify Logan starting anymore he's been woeful recently. But then you've got Taylor playing similarly. I reckon keep Shinnie left back, Quinn in at RB. one last chance for Taylor at CB.

Midfield not sure, don't like Mclean deep but if not shinnie/jack beside flood I'm not sure who. Can't justify starting Robson.

Logan hasn't been great lately, but I don't see any immediately better option available to us. McLaughlin's lack of appearances would suggest that the coaching staff don't think he's quite up to it yet. I'm still having palpitations from Quinn's last cameo at right-back.

I think it has to be Shinnie alongside Flood for Saturday. Given his lack of minutes so far this season, I would be very surprised to see Robson starting anytime soon.

Logan hasn't been great lately, but I don't see any immediately better option available to us. McLaughlin's lack of appearances would suggest that the coaching staff don't think he's quite up to it yet. I'm still having palpitations from Quinn's last cameo at right-back.

I think it has to be Shinnie alongside Flood for Saturday. Given his lack of minutes so far this season, I would be very surprised to see Robson starting anytime soon.

No I wouldn't start Robson and agreed Mclaughlins appearance at hibs was pretty much enough for me. Hope you're right about Shay, if he starts he better wise up this week

Please please play Quinn at RB, Foster tore him apart in our win on the 16th October.

Tony Dingwall has played really well on our left side in our last two games, i'd fancy his chances if he was against big Quinn.

What time does the ticket office open at Pittodrie on a Saturday and can I purchase tickets for the away end there?

In non-ticket related news, the Courier is reporting that the only absentees are Graham, Gardyne, and Fox. Hopefully Robertson comes back in for Boyd.

Boyd played out of merit rather than an injury to Robertson. I can't see that changing after a clean sheet.

I fully expect the same XI from the Motherwell match. I think if there's any change at all it will be McShane for Curran as in the Celtic game... maybe Reckord in for Foster, but Foster and Dingwall have a partnership now. I don't expect anything else, based on players like Murdoch, Quinn and De Vita playing during the week for the DL.

After last week, god only knows what Del is going to put out tomorrow. Kenny McLean clearly is not suitable to partner Flood, and both McLean and Pawlett are struggling to put consistent good form together. The centre of the park was certainly the chief problem last week, and Del could patch it in two ways - Robson or Shinnie beside Flood. Given what we have seen previously, it will most likely be Shinnie up into midfield and Considine in at left back. Take your pick between Pawlett and McLean behind the striker. Shinnie and Flood did not work in Dingwall, so I wouldn't be overly confident.

You could also be fully justified binning Logan, but the issue is there really is no suitable replacement. Quinn was utterly destroyed in Dingwall by Ricky Foster while McLaughlin is simply not good enough. I've been an advocate of settling the back line so if Considine comes in, one change will be more than sufficient. Up front, if we are going to continue with hoofball, we'd be better served with Goodwillie there, who can hold up the ball better than Rooney. That is through no fault of Rooney, but if the players behind him aren't going to be good enough to provide him with decent service, we would be well served with a striker who can hold the ball up better. Ultimately, with a number of players off the boil, it really is an issue, as numerous changes would be fully justified!

The way things are just now, I cannot see us winning this game. 1-1, Rooney and Boyce. It would be retro as if we could actually keep a clean sheet!

Same, we just don't seem to be able playing well enough to get a win at the moment.

Such a huge month coming up, so a win would be great but think it will be 1-1 as well.

This game really could go either way. I would liked to have seen Robson play this as we are missing a leader but think he got injured in development league against Sevco. Shinnie into midfield and Goodwillie to start. Scrappy, tedious 1-0 shitfest but I'll take it :thumsup2

Not really. Quinn will be familiar with some of the county players and Taylor was poor against Hamilton.

Quinn should have been familiar with the County players in Dingwall, but he was dreadful. Taylor was poor against Hamilton, but I'm more surprised in the sense that it's looking like another two changes to our defence: Considine for Shinnie at left-back and Quinn for Taylor at centre-back. If it was a necessity to move Shinnie into midfield, I thought that would be the only change in a bid to ensure some continuity at the back.

I'll be reserving judgement until the final whistle though.

This is our worst performance yet. Absolutely useless. Cannot see a gameplan, no desire and totally unorganised.

We are a mess right now, can see this being 2 or 3 to County

Have to say Aberdeen were horrific in that first half. No shape or game plan. Just knocking it long and hoping for h best. Ross county playing some nice stuff and well deserved their lead.

Aberdeen on the coupon though so hopefully a decent second half for me as a neutral.

Archived