#DonsAwayRetroDay - 28 November - Aberdeen vs Ross County

I was speaking to one of my mates who's a season ticket holder at Pittodrie. When we are playing Aberdeen on 28 November, they are having a retro day which is why it will cost £19.03 for the match.

Fans are encouraged to wear retro Aberdeen tops. I thought it would be good fun if our support did likewise. It would be a good excuse to dig out those old favourite tops. I have already discussed this with Jailender and a few other Central Staggies who are up for it so we are definitely planning getting involved.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not like a non Aberdeen fan to mention Aberdeen and the 80s in the same sentence. Continue the obsession folks....

First time I have mentioned it, its like me saying that your obsessed with other folks non existant obsession.

I was speaking to one of my mates who's a season ticket holder at Pittodrie. When we are playing Aberdeen on 28 November, they are having a retro day which is why it will cost £19.03 for the match.

Fans are encouraged to wear retro Aberdeen tops. I thought it would be good fun if our support did likewise. It would be a good excuse to dig out those old favourite tops. I have already discussed this with Jailender and a few other Central Staggies who are up for it so we are definitely planning getting involved.

Always knew that County fans had a big team.

That's going to be a royal pain in the dick for all the turnstile guys when everyone inevitably hands over a twenty.

Don't think we operate cash turnstiles any more. Or are we phasing them out? One of the two.

• 3 weeks later...

Cash turnstiles are no more I think, someone on another messageboard showed an incredibly arrogant email from the Dons marketing guy in which he basically attacked fans for expecting to be able to turn up at 15 minutes before kick off of a run of the mill league match, hand over some cash and get into the game.

Anyway hope we can get three points after a poor display at Accies.

Cash turnstiles are no more I think, someone on another messageboard showed an incredibly arrogant email from the Dons marketing guy in which he basically attacked fans for expecting to be able to turn up at 15 minutes before kick off of a run of the mill league match, hand over some cash and get into the game.

Anyway hope we can get three points after a poor display at Accies.

Got a link to the marketing guy email?

I've been to Pittodrie twice before: the 0-0 early in 2012-13 when Marc Fitzpatrick had a nosebleed for Ross County's best chance in the game, and the 0-4 in February where everyone thought County were doomed for relegation.

The first game we had to buy tickets at the ticket office/shop at the beach end. The second was a cash turnstile. I've bought my £19.03 ticket from County's shop to make sure I don't get shafted at the turnstile, like what happened at Kilmarnock earlier in the season.

Does Jimbo go conservative again like against Celtic and play five across the middle, or does he stick with Curran and Boyce up front and pile a load of pressure on the Aberdeen centre backs which worked very well in Dingwall? I'm hopeful for the latter but I don't think Curran is at peak fitness/exertion yet, despite how well he took his goal on Saturday. I wonder if Aberdeen are likely to go 4-4-2 as they sometimes do?

I think Shinnie will be moved into midfield alongside Flood, with McLean in a more attacking role and Considine being restored at left-back. If that's not the case, then McLean will probably be retained beside Flood, with Shinnie staying at left-back. I hope McInnes opts for the former.

I noticed Betfair had County at 4/1 to win this yesterday. Down to 15/4 now, which is still representing good value given everything.

Archived