Dunfermline v Peterhead

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Meh, going through a tough run atm but that was always going to happen.

We need to start improving though, Airdrie next week on a cracking surface could well be the place.

Oaft, when was the last time you seen Airdries plastic pitch? Worst in Scotland by a country mile.

If I see anything other than a Dunfermline win today I'll be seething.

Nah it's all good. I didn't go, therefore I didn't see anything. :thumsup28) Thank god I decided against going, sounded awful.

I've missed the last 2 home games, so maybe I should make my return to EEP and we will actually start winning again. (hopeful)

Don't have the sharpness from early season but need to take the chances we do create.

Ref seemed to get his qualifications from collecting tokens on cereal boxes. Unbelievable how someone so bad at their job can be so arrogant

What did he do that was arrogant?

The positives:

Clean sheet.

McAusland is improving with each game and, subsequently, with greater match fitness.

Ayr didn't take advantage fully.

Other than that, grim stuff today. Even though we won both, we weren't scintillating against Albion or Forfar at home and we were poor last week, so we are going through a dip in performances. Peterhead, like Cowdenbeath, merited their point and, arguably, Peterhead had the clearer chances. Sean Murdoch again was needed to make 2 or 3 important saves while we, apart from Wallace's late free-kick, never really tested their goalkeeper.

We started off quite lethargic and having failed to find an early goal, Peterhead obviously took confidence from that and we struggled to create much. They were well organised but instead of trying to play around them, there seemed to be a thought of hitting it long for Antoine Curier early, though that was not helped by a lack of movement from the attacking players throughout. On occasion our defence were almost forced into hitting it long as they had little options in front of them.

We also were pretty narrow today. Paton and Cardle, both of whom I like and the latter had a better game today than in maybe the last couple, were moving infield a lot and Martin and Talbot never really had an outball. It was crying out for someone like Hopkirk who you know can hug the touchline, and Moffat whose runs will pull defenders away to create space. I couldn't understand Moffat being on the bench as he does a lot of work off the ball that opens the space up for others.

Decision making, again, at times was poor with players going themselves instead of finding a team-mate, or not being composed enough when in the final third. Antoine-Curier had a really poor afternoon - the miss at the far post (the second one, the first wasn't the easiest ball to hit first time on target) was dire, but he just seemed to expect the ball to drop at his feet all afternoon. Wallace made a difference when he went on and bringing on Moffat, for me, was too late.

We didn't do anywhere near enough to win the game today. Disappointing but Peterhead looked a decent side today.

Archived