Top Simpsons Episodes Countdown Spectacular

Honest_Man#1

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody who votes for anything post-S9 should be outed and hounded from the forum. Always thought Mark Connolly was a good sort. Shame.

2 in fact. Viva Ned Flanders (S10) is glorious, and The Debarted might not be the funniest, but it is genius all the same.

Is your selection of season 9 as a cut-off down to the fact you never appeared after that? ;)

I have now realised I missed out Cape Feare and Hurricane Neddy - shows how difficult this is!

Here's my list:

1 - Homer at the Bat
2 - A Star Is Burns
3 - Homer’s Barbershop Quartet
4 - Colonel Homer
5 - Marge vs the Monorail
6 - Krusty Gets Kancelled
7 - Bart’s Comet
8 - Homer’s Enemy
9 - You Only Move Twice
10 - Homer vs the Eighteenth Amendment

Managed to get it down to 14 and then I was really struggling. Ended up cutting three episodes from S2 and also New Kids on the Blecch from S12.

Whittled it down to 17. Cutting it down to 10 was impossible. One or two on my list I'm not sure will be on too many others unfortunately but it's mostly recognised 'classic' episodes. The amount of brilliant episodes I couldn't include is staggering.

Homer vs. the Eighteenth Amendment
Bart vs. Australia
Colonel Homer
Homie the Clown
Bart the Lover
A Fish Called Selma
Homer's Barbershop Quartet
Bart the Fink
Marge vs. the Monorail
Lisa the Iconoclast

"Uh Homer, are you still holding on to the cans?"

"Your point being?"

"Uh Homer, this is never easy to say but we're going to have to saw your arms off."

"They'll grow back right?!"

"Yeah......sure."

Fair play for doing it Honest_Man#1 and hats off to those who put in a list but I seriously couldn't pinpoint a favourite episode! So many classics. One thing I will say though is that there is no way every one of the Top 10 shouldn't be a 'Homer episode' :)

Would the top The Simpsons(Homer) quotes be something that could take off? :lol:

^^^Man has a point.

I mostly prefer parts of episodes.

I could probably put together all the parts I've loved over the years to create 4 great episodes.

Don't think I could pick 1 as being 'the best'

Homer is an outstanding character and my favourite by some distance.

Monty Burns comes in at 2.

Archived