Dundee vs The original Thistle

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that was another dire game. We looked totally bereft of confidence all over the park. Misplaced ten yard passes, shirking out of challenges and other frustrating mistakes are seen throughout our games at the moment. We can play decent football, we've shown that briefly in games throughout the season but we look so fragile at the back, that it looks like a matter of time before we concede. Usually from a cross as our defence is hopeless at winning headers.

I still think we will avoid a relegation battle once we have a system that suits the personnel at the club and we solidify at the back. Could be an underwhelming season really.

That was fucking awful, I can't even be arsed picking it apart because it was that bad. I'll never be one of the foaming at the mouth "get hartley out/we're in a relegation battle" brigade but more performances like that and other idiots will join them.

Our squads improved since last season and I think if we can keep a decent team on the pitch then we could match last seasons position.

Dreadful game. We were awful. Thistle were comfortably the better side without ever doing anything clever or skillful. They were just hard working and well organised. Crucially, they didn't keep making stupid mistakes. They really should have beaten us today. I can't remember the last time we dodged defeat in the top division with such a bad performance.

Amazing that were joint 5th. We have been rotten the last few weeks, Id loveto know our record the last 4 season when we play during November/December it must be rank.

Thistle had a great chance to finish us just before we scored, dont know who it was but it was a free header (no shock there).

I still think we will avoid a relegation battle once we have a system that suits the personnel at the club and we solidify at the back. Could be an underwhelming season really.

Thats the problem, it seems that Thomson is the master plan, but the c**t is a perma crock, Calder should have been on from the start, there is zero pace in the side, its like slow motion.

there is zero pace in the side, its like slow motion.

That pisses me off big style too mate. We get the ball on the counter and seem to wait till the opposition get everyone back in position to defend before we attack. And please, for f**k sake, can someone teach McGinn how to cross a ball! Defence is rotten as f**k all over. How many headers do they win? None. It's a shambles.

That pisses me off big style too mate. We get the ball on the counter and seem to wait till the opposition get everyone back in position to defend before we attack. And please, for f**k sake, can someone teach McGinn how to cross a ball! Defence is rotten as f**k all over. How many headers do they win? None. It's a shambles.

I would drop McGinn and give Cammy Kerr a chance. Definitely.

Sure you're not talking about us? We've been painfully slow on the attack this season that you think it must be intentional.

Sure you're not talking about us? We've been painfully slow on the attack this season that you think it must be intentional.

At least you boys have the ability to pass the ball and close us down.

Partick looked really threatening on the counter, which I'll give them credit for versus saying it was just because we were shite. I'm guessing we had the greater share of possession but we do lack a cutting edge.

Calder looked decent when he came on. If we'd gotten the ball to him out wide more often I'm sure we would have scored more.

Partick are a flipping big team btw. Either that or we're midgets :unsure:

Archived