Dundee vs The original Thistle

Hotly anticipa....

Na is it f**k.

We are dire at the moment, Thistle appear marginally worse. Problem being they seem to play like Brazil against us. We do usually sneak a point or 3 though so fingers crossed.

Im not going - going to Old Trafford to maybe see a team win at home. Pretty gutted to be honest although f**k knows why.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dundee 1-0 Partick Thistle

Harkins 84

47 Possession 53

8 Shots 14

3 On target 6

0 Woodwork 2

5 Corners 9

2 Offside 2

11 Fouls 14

1 Yellow cards 3

0 Red Cards 0

IMO.

2 offsides each?! You're talking pish!

To be honest, expecting us to get 6 shots on target seems generous too. I'd agree with your 1-0 though.

Away win and the seethe and heads gone from all Dee posters to be great viewing

Do you actually think there has been any Dee seethe on a match thread this year?

Apathetic would be a better description. We were effectively cheated out of 3 points by a dive on Saturday yet no-one at the club (nor even on this board) seems to give a f**k and I include myself in that.

Last season we lost to Caley at Dens, McKay scoring a controversial winner with his hand - I reckon the seethe on that thread lasted a few weeks but this season is really paling in comparison.

Similar when Madden gifted Saints a point at Dens last season by failing to send off Mannus (before hilariously trolling us this season by sending him off for the exact same thing against the DABs) and giving a soft penalty (which was a bricker tbf) and failing to send off Easton for his blatant last man diving handball (header actually). The seethe on that thread until the highlights came out was ridiculous. I shouted at Madden so much that game that I got dizzy and had to sit down. Even after the highlights cleared up the penalty for Saints and the Easton incident the arguments over the Mannus challenge lasted weeks. This season, the way Dens is, I'd probably sit and wryly shake my head and/or fist for a minute or 2 and make some half hearted insult about his bald head. Real sense of apathy around Dens at the minute and it's found it's way onto the field.

ETA - I also almost got into a fist fight with a fellow supporter that day such was the bad temper in the usually placid Bobby Cox stand .... Minter.

Do you actually think there has been any Dee seethe on a match thread this year?

Apathetic would be a better description. We were effectively cheated out of 3 points by a dive on Saturday yet no-one at the club (nor even on this board) seems to give a f**k and I include myself in that.

Last season we lost to Caley at Dens, McKay scoring a controversial winner with his hand - I reckon the seethe on that thread lasted a few weeks but this season is really paling in comparison.

Similar when Madden gifted Saints a point at Dens last season by failing to send off Mannus (before hilariously trolling us this season by sending him off for the exact same thing against the DABs) and giving a soft penalty (which was a bricker tbf) and failing to send off Easton for his blatant last man diving handball (header actually). The seethe on that thread until the highlights came out was ridiculous. I shouted at Madden so much that game that I got dizzy and had to sit down. Even after the highlights cleared up the penalty for Saints and the Easton incident the arguments over the Mannus challenge lasted weeks. This season, the way Dens is, I'd probably sit and wryly shake my head and/or fist for a minute or 2 and make some half hearted insult about his bald head. Real sense of apathy around Dens at the minute and it's found it's way onto the field.

ETA - I also almost got into a fist fight with a fellow supporter that day such was the bad temper in the usually placid Bobby Cox stand .... Minter.

I wouldn't waste my time replying to that c**t.

I wouldn't waste my time replying to that c**t.

I normally wouldn't - but it's a point that has been bothering me today. There is a wave of apathy at Dens just now IMO

Hartley "doesn't blame the player" for diving, when, in reality, he should be cited by the compliance officer and banned (Brian Graham got this punishment last season).

We seem to be quite happy to roll over and have our belly tickled on and off the field at the moment.

very good post this is. Being serious, is it the style of football that Dundee are playing this season , the reason for such apathy? Or is it the novelty of the new league, New grounds etc worn off and you are finding the same level as fans who have been in the division for while now ?

Archived