The Meh Derby II: Armed Forces Day

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would agree that we were maybe slightly fortunate to escape with the victory, although Mannus wasn't overly tested. Don't think either goalkeeper had a particularly testing save but Killie definitely had more attempts on goal. It was a slow start from us again, which is a recurring theme, and Killie looked much the better side in the first half. To me, this looks their best side since the Paatelainen team that reached the top six in 2010/11.

Our defence wasn't the one I'd have picked but Fisher in midfield again was more of a concern. Horses for courses away to ICT and Accies but at home in a game where there is an onus on us to attack, surely he isn't the man you want in there. Much improved when Wotherspoon was introduced. Biggest positive though was Kane taking his opportunity after what must've been a frustrating few months. Ran hard and good finish for his first goal at McDiarmid.

I thought that at the time by the lad in centre midfield.. Like to see it with all the different camera angles on the comprehensive Sportscene analysis...

It makes me sad that we'll never see the Spoony skill in the build up to the winner ever again, as nobody will ever bother to put it in the highlights :(

Well.. where do I start? That was the Meh Derby at its finest. It's unusual for the sequel to improve upon the original, but that's certainly what happened today.

Firstly, that 'parade' was intimidating. The message from the Armed Forces was very clear indeed: 'DON'T indulge in violence or we'll f**k you up.'

It did very little to influence the players' behaviour though. The bad guys took a dramatic early lead before attempting to break up play by pushing and elbowing the Saints players at every opportunity. Steven MacLean almost got involved in a full-on brawl with one of their no-marks after about 10 minutes. Josh Magennis was clearly keen for 'Round 2' with the Ghost of Jim Morton, but Ghostie refrained from conducting himself in such a manner.

It soon became clear that Saints were finding Killie's aggressive style of play somewhat distressing. Steven Anderson shat his pants and was forced to put on a new pair of shorts at the side of the pitch. It was a humiliating moment, but the team put in an improved performance after that. They wanted to win the game for Ando.

The inevitable eventually occurred. A Barcelona-esque attack culminated in a fine piece of play by Steven MacLean (when I'd thought that he'd maybe held onto the ball for a tad too long). He laid the ball off to the superb Michael O'Halloran who finished it well.

Of course, Killie's violence resulted in an injury for our star striker Graham Cummins. Hopefully he recovers quickly. He was replaced by his young apprentice Chris Kane. ''Do it for me'', said Graham. ''It is your time, young man.'' In an emotional turn of events, Kano scored the winner.

Finally, the aggressive Kilmarnock finally broke the calm resolve of the St. Johnstone players. Liam Craig had suffered enough. In short, it was time for revenge. A deserved red card, but his actions were totally understandable given the sordid circumstances of the afternoon's events. The good guys won the second battle. A satisfying end.

Tommy at his usual level, then. Shaughnessy, Dee, Cuptie and Fisher all screwed over to the detriment of our team.

Another game where he has to make significant changes to correct HIS mistakes. Fisher is flexible but cannot be used to man-mark at the moment.

Wonder what emotions went through Tommy when Kano scored.

Incidentally, anyone ever heard Tommy discussing why he hasn't moved for Jamie Lindsay? If you really want a laugh, ask him if we would sign Jason Cummings.....

Anyway, we'll done to the players, Callum and Steve Brown.

Tommy at his usual level, then. Shaughnessy, Dee, Cuptie and Fisher all screwed over to the detriment of our team.

Another game where he has to make significant changes to correct HIS mistakes. Fisher is flexible but cannot be used to man-mark at the moment.

Wonder what emotions went through Tommy when Kano scored.

Incidentally, anyone ever heard Tommy discussing why he hasn't moved for Jamie Lindsay? If you really want a laugh, ask him if we would sign Jason Cummings.....

Anyway, we'll done to the players, Callum and Steve Brown.

tedious crap as predicted

Paella, interesting, what kind?

It was a mixed paella with chicken and prawns.

Paella is great, you can't go wrong with it.

Must've been a weak replica

My mum put it together. She's generally a decent cook, but I'm usually disappointed with her paellas. Tonight's attempt was a sickening, watery effort.

Archived