Brechin v Ayr 7/11/15

How are you meant to protect the pitch from a 12 hour deluge ?

Assuming Brechin own a set of covers, they could have been put down to protect the pitch? The forecast was what it was, so someone could have made the decision, especially with your pitches history. In the end up it didn't matter, but I can imagine there would've been a few unhappy punters had it resulted in a postponement.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Assuming Brechin own a set of covers, they could have been put down to protect the pitch? The forecast was what it was, so someone could have made the decision, especially with your pitches history. In the end up it didn't matter, but I can imagine there would've been a few unhappy punters had it resulted in a postponement.

^^^^^

Idiot alert!!!

Considering the covers are porous , I would think they would have been quite pointless. Added to the fact that they need to be transported from their storage area to the edge of the pitch possibly causing even more damage .

Imagine if you had thought this out before embarrassing yourself ?

Considering the covers are porous , I would think they would have been quite pointless. Added to the fact that they need to be transported from their storage area to the edge of the pitch possibly causing even more damage .

Good god im actaully agreeing with you on this one!!!

Considering Cricket clubs use similar types of covers to cover the wicket, i'm sure it would not have been a total waste of time. Had the ground not drained as quickly, thanks to Ayr United staff as well as Brechin, it would have been a different case.

Considering Cricket clubs use similar types of covers to cover the wicket, i'm sure it would not have been a total waste of time. Had the ground not drained as quickly, thanks to Ayr United staff as well as Brechin, it would have been a different case.

Aye the 2 Ayr guys , Neil the groundsman and I did our best. ;)

As a side note, considering it was still raining at 2.00pm and it takes a couple of hours to lift the covers , it would be safe to say that the game would have been off if there were any covers down as any water happening to be lying on top has to go somewhere . My bet would be the bottom corner of the pitch where the drain outlet is .

Anyway , enough of this deflection shite. Your team were quite lucky to get a point today IMO .

That was a very entertaining wee game - well, the second half was. I'd probably say a draw was a fair result as although ayr were the better team (some really nice, controlled football in the middle of the park) there were big chances for both teams. Brechin were always dangerous with the big lad up top.

Ayr lacked that final ball - that wee bit of quality. Our goal came from one of the few pieces of quality (but I don't know who put the cross in).

It easily could've went either way in the last 10 mins so I'm going with point earned rather than 2 lost. Delighted dunfermline didn't capitalise.

I thought we were marginally in control for much of the game without ever really looking like scoring. Don't think Brechin threatened too much until the last 10 mins or so when they could easily have nicked a winner with 2 or 3 decent efforts.

Draw was probably fair, neither team did enough to deserve all 3 points.

Well that was a slight improvement from last week, although there still seems to be something missing its just a pity that it takes a player from another club for that bit of spark,another point is good but still bottom of the league.

So this one of these " whoosh" things or does he mean it?

Well that was a slight improvement from last week, although there still seems to be something missing its just a pity that it takes a player from another club for that bit of spark,another point is good but still bottom of the league.

What more do you want ? There was commitment, passion, fast flowing football at times and a lot of chances created.

We were playing the current in form team of the league and more than matched them for much of the game. Had it not been for some good goalkeeping and last ditch defending we might have won that.

You said you would give praise when it's due ! If that performance doesn't merit praise then you just shouldn't bother .

^^^^^^^^

Doesnt understand the difference between rain covers and frost covers type post IMO.

Praise not due today maybe if we won they might have gotten it.Maybe thats why the crowds are poor because they are not bothered but I am I pay my money to watch them so I can express my opinion,obviously some people don't like it.

Express yes. I was at Forfar and the Glebe today. I thought our performance today was better than Forfar, perhaps having a settled team and system that works helped. The difference for me today was we created a bit more than at Forfar. we still had hard work, a shape and an idea as to what we are doing.

Surely these attributes and Dodds doing something that works and has a game plan is what everyone wanted and certainly the last two games has delivered. we are bottom and it will take more than a couple of weeks to change that but we are seeing some change and positivity. I do think Jackson is benefiting (as is Issac) from playing alongside someone just as Robert or Dene will. All too often this season we have just had one up top.

there is reason to be a little more optimistic but I do wonder if you are on of the guys next to the shop who moan and groan about everything.

Work still to be done but on pitch situation is changing for the better and long may it continue.

You're not very clever are you? :lol:

Oh well, unbeaten streak continues, but an opportunity missed with the Pars drawing. (they will say the same though)

Sounds like we've conceded a goal yet again from a set piece which is really irritating.

Yep, it always helps if you're at the game to see it for yourself. The goal was scored from outside the penalty box after a clearance from a corner that the "assistant referee" awarded, although it was blatantly obvious that it was a goal-kick. To be fair, I think we were slightly fortunate to get a draw as Brechin looked more likely to score towards the end of the game. Although Caldwell didn't play well,we struggled when he went off as neither Trouten nor, Forrest gave Preston much support and the lack of a third striker in the absence of Moore is a concern. Still in a great position though and the next two games could be crucial.

Archived