Motherwell vs Inverness 7/11/15 3pm

He is that, and lazy and workshy into the bargain. He is a player capable of hitting a good shot now and again but that's all he's got as he's even more capable of disappearing during matches. And what the f**k some of our fans were doing applauding him scoring that goal I don't know, but some of our support are and always have been too nice for their own good...a soft touch nonetheless.

What an angry little man you are :lol:

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like wee daftie goes to a special Skool. It does not have to be deliberate or preventing a goal scoring opportunity. It was soft but defenders should no better than to raise their hands above their heads in a crowded goalmouth. It was given in line with the rules. Only one plonker still standing and probably still whingeing and booing fer a few more days yet.

The drama wasn't over though as McManus received a second yellow card for a tussle with Lopez. I didn't see much wrong with it to be honest (and the Well highlights don't make it any clearer) but I guess he was judged to have elbowed Lopez which, given the player involved, I'm taking with a pinch of salt as Lopez has a habit of going doing far too easily. If he was judged to have elbowed Lopez I thought it would have been a straight red card rather than a second yellow. Who knows. At the end of the game some of the well fans in the disabled supporters section who would have had a good view if the McManus / Lopez incident started challenging Lopez to a fight :lol:

A reasonable account of the game. The Lopez incident was interesting. It took place not far from where we sitting and the yellow card took us completely by surprise. A tussle yes but really nothing in it. Thompson did not see it and it was the linesman who drew his attention to it. Lopez had been living dangerously and it was ironic that a foul on him should result in a yellow card for one of our players. He had put in a two footed tackle on Marvin Johnson, lashed out at Liam Grimshaw off the ball (in front of the same linesman) and gone down a bit too easily on occasion. Just the kind of player John Hughes would have "had a wee word with" in his playing days - and might still do.

Complaining about Motherwell fans clapping Vigurs goal?

No matter who hit that I'd have applauded it. Sometimes you just need to appreciate such moments of skill for what they are. I remember years ago Ricardo Fuller getting a round of applause for a ridiculous rainbow flick over Corrigan's head on the by-line.

When you watch turgid shite 80% of the time, you just need to appreciate something spectacular.

No matter who hit that I'd have applauded it. Sometimes you just need to appreciate such moments of skill for what they are. I remember years ago Ricardo Fuller getting a round of applause for a ridiculous rainbow flick over Corrigan's head on the by-line.

When you watch turgid shite 80% of the time, you just need to appreciate something spectacular.

100% this.

Sitting down the end of the ground where the goal was scored, there wasn't any other reaction than to applaud.

watching the well highlights, the second yellow may be for a culmination of fouls ? ref points a couple of places before showing the yellow. (might be to lino and dressing room - the bbc highlights stop before and the well ones show the pointing)

watching the well highlights, the second yellow may be for a culmination of fouls ? ref points a couple of places before showing the yellow. (might be to lino and dressing room - the bbc highlights stop before and the well ones show the pointing)

Even if that was the case his first yellow card was a complete travesty - a perfectly good tackle. Craig Thomspon is the same as all of us - we're all prone to having a really bad day at the office now and again; his was Saturday.

What an angry little man you are :lol:

Cheers. :)

I take nothing away from the goal as it was a very good strike albeit from a very limited player (in my opinion, of course) and nine times out of ten that lands in the back row of the stand when Vigurs hits a shot like that.

Personally speaking, and maybe it's just me, but I don't believe in applauding the opposition for any reason whatsoever. It's football, it's tribal and the opposition should be getting the hardest time as possible from our fans, not getting applauded for scoring a goal or whatever else.

Personally speaking, and maybe it's just me, but I don't believe in applauding the opposition for any reason whatsoever. It's football, it's tribal and the opposition should be getting the hardest time as possible from our fans, not getting applauded for scoring a goal or whatever else.

I never have, and very much doubt I ever will, applaud an opposition goal. I can certainly appreciate a good goal, as I did for Vigurs' strike on Saturday, but I wouldn't actively clap my hands for it.

I have though applauded former players when they've returned to Fir Park, when either entering or leaving the field of play. The two instances were for Martyn Corrigan for Kilmarnock, and Richie Foran for Inverness (the first time he came back. Never since. I found it odd people still doing it 6/7 years later).

The reception Foran got and still gets from some Motherwell fans is also baffling and embarrassing as he was one of the most overrated players ever to pull on the C&A and like Iain Vigurs had a tendancy to disappear in games and contribute nothing for months on end. But he was a bit of a lad that liked a bevvy and a lock-in or two, so all was forgotten and forgiven when he didn't try a leg on the park.

Archived