Raith Roveros v Falkirk Bairns

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully Thomson is fit and makes this one. Anderson at right back just didn't work and as poor as Toshney was on Saturday at Livi I don't want to take him out of the centre. Interesting to hear McKinnon talk about Davo potentially going to right back but I'd then worry about any sort of pace down the Falkirk's left hand side.

I'd bring Craigen back in for this one and also give Meggison a start. Stewart runs and runs but his end product is getting worse and worse. Daly will start no matter what anyone thinks or says. Wighton had some very good touches on Saturday as well but again that was coming off the bench when he always seems to look better.

I personally would go for Megginson and Anderson wide with Daly up top and Wighton just off him. Play a midfield 2 of Davo and Robertson. I'd love Callachan to be back in there but not sure (a) how match fit he is, and (b) how much full contact training he's had with his shoulder. McCord was brought back in against Livi and was poor again. We all thought if he'd get fitter then his performances would improve but he's actually gone back since the start of the season.

As for Falkirk they'll be tough. After the last 2 weeks I'd definitely take a draw just to stop the mini-slump. I have no doubt they'll see a lot of the ball which is why we'd need two wide players who will track back and also offer an out-ball. Stewart would offer an out-ball but at the moment all he'd do is get it and fall on his arse.

A tight 1-1 draw would suit me.

A midfield three of Callachan, Robertson and McCord excites me. I don't think we'll ever actually see it, but I'd really like that.

For Saturday, I don't think much will be changed. I'd play Wighton ahead of Stewart myself and probably bring Craigen back in. Hope Thomson makes it as Davidson at right back sounds horrible. Toshney seems to be playing with a knock right now which might mean McKinnon keeps him in the centre.

Davidson at RB would be a bad move and I'm surprised McKinnon would think about it when Toshney can play there. I get that he doesn't want to disrupt a so far successful CB partnership, but we shouldn't be putting a player in a position he hasn't played in since Anelka was in charge (yes, really) just to preserve it.

Imagine we'll play 4-5-1/4-2-3-1. Megginson deserves a start and we'll need to make sure that Daly is supported or we'll end up in ineffective, lump-it-long tedium.

Not buying that result against Livingston for raith, can't work out what happened there. Would still take a point no questions asked

We've been getting gradually worse over the last few weeks. Annoying as it was, that result on Saturday had kind of been coming.

We've been getting gradually worse over the last few weeks. Annoying as it was, that result on Saturday had kind of been coming.

I only seen your highlights v Hibs but it certainly didn't indicate that a pasting from the 2nd worst team in the league was coming.

Pretty sure I also read in the post match stuff that you didn't deserve to lose to Hibs either.

We didnt.

Im pretty sure thats the same guy that on fantalk said "At least this puts to bed any illusions of finishing in the top 4" - about the team who are 5 points clear in 4th with a game in hand.

Defensively we are pretty solid. Take the Livi game aside and it's only really Rangers at Ibrox who have given us hard time. Our biggest issue is the lack of goals. We miss Lewis Vaughan massively and unfortunately Stewart, Daly and Wighton have set to step up to the mark. Daly and Wighton only have 1 each and Stewart has 3 but 2 of those came in our first 2 matches against Livi and Alloa. Since then he has 1 goal in 10 and his miss against Livi on Saturday highlighted ours, and his, problem.

We've been hoping that once each of them score they'll go on a wee run but that hasn't happened so far.

Falkirk look to have tightened up defensively recently and therefore I can't see many goals in this match. A 1-0 to either side or low scoring draw is the likely outcome.

I only seen your highlights v Hibs but it certainly didn't indicate that a pasting from the 2nd worst team in the league was coming.

Pretty sure I also read in the post match stuff that you didn't deserve to lose to Hibs either.

Against Hibs we played well in the second half but were woeful in the first half.

The games prior to Hibs were a struggle though and we seemed to be getting that bit worse every week.

If Falkirk score first we'll lose (as has been the case in all our defeats so far this season).

Our performances as of late have dipped imo and prior to the Hibs game we were at least winning games that mattered. There's no disgrace in losing to Hibs and our 2nd half performance against them was encouraging, the annoying thing was the damage was already done in the 1st half where we were brutal. The Livi game was one of those 'winnable' game or at least a game we should have been looking to win however we've been horsed and my worry is whether the teams confidence has taken a bit of a kicking after the Hibs game. To be honest after losing to Hibs I was quite happy to see we were playing Livi as I really thought it was a stick on 3 points for us and a great chance to get back to winning ways. We're now going into a really difficult game and albeit win lose or draw we'll still be 4th I'd rather see us get as far away from the teams below us as possible. Needless to say the squad will more than likely be rotated, again, on Saturday.

Personally I think our clubs cursed at this time of year :P

Im guessing Raith have changed to more of a hoof ball to Daly since his arrival, with the comments that have been said. I'm by no means an expert on Daly's game, but I never really thot he was decent in the air, sure a lot of his goals were by foot at DUFC

Same team as Saturday for us, Watson had a good game for us on Saturday, he is more mobile than McCracken but prone to some woeful pass now and again, trying to be too clever. McCracken is more street wise and will hug, touch and wind up the opposite striker which perhaps would suit more up against Daly but I thot Watson doesnt deserve dropped after Saturday.

We seem to have a settled back four albeit McCracken and Watson sharing the role with Grant, midfield picks itself with Taiwo out which is a blow but most games I dont think we can have Taiwo, Vaulks and Kerr in the midfield, Id still like to see Cooper in with a shout, by reports and highlights of the development league, he is playing well. I gather there is something more behind the scenes stopping him getting even a place on the bench and guess he will be out on loan in January.

Archived