Ross County v Celtic 8-11-15

3-30 kick off up here for some odd reason

Meaning copious amounts of bevvy and a sickie on monday for me 8)

As for the game, RC have been quite brilliant this calender year, staggering turn around from a manager who, after being punted by Dunfermline was tipped to crash and burn here. Fair play he's done some job.

2-1 Celtic. Griffiths (2) & Boyce on the scoresheet

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No idea which County team will turn up for this one. If we play as we did against Aberdeen, Caley in the cup , Falkirk, I'm pretty confident there'll be one goal in it, either way. If we have the Hearts, Dundee United or Caley in the league approach we'll get a skelping...

Ross County recent league form: 4 points from a possible 15.

This seems to have been lost on pretty much everyone, due to good performances in a couple of televised matches, including a cup win to get us into our first league cup semi. Let's not forget, the league win was against Aberdeen, who despite being top of the league at the time are possibly the only team in the league in worst form than ourselves.

It can't be ignored either, that Liam Boyce hasn't scored in relatively ages, and we are badly missing him 'getting the ball rolling' in terms of giving us an early lead in a game. With his non-scoring run stretching, is his confidence dipping? (Genuine question, as I haven't seen a game for a while, not sure how he looks?)

On 4-from-15 form, nobody should be giving us a chance, but the unpredictability of our recent performances does leave a glimmer of hope.

Is it time to give Schalk an opportunity, or too big an occasion to throw him on from the start?

Christ knows which Ross County team will turn up on Sunday.

Is it on TV? If so then that hopefully means our good team, as in the one which won against Aberdeen and ict, not hearts and du please!

On BT sport 2. Half 3. Decent time for an away game in the highlands for the travelling hordes.

A couple of injuries to Bitton and Griffiths tomorrow night would be much appreciated. Nothing serious - such as a broken ankle or a cruciate ligament tear - but a hamstring strain or something that keeps them out until at least Sunday.

I'd prefer to see County go 4-5-1. Davies is, according to the Courier, not suffering any "ill effects" from his head knock at the weekend - however given what happened to Curran I would prefer to see him take a week out. Losing him for a week > losing him for several weeks. Is Reckord missing out after last week's late injury?

Woods

Fraser Robertson Boyd Foster

Woods

Franks Murdoch Irvine Gardyne

Boyce

Subs: goalkeeper, Quinn, Davies, Schalk, De Vita, McShane, Graham

Ideally McShane would come in for Woods but experience might count for something? If Quinn is fit, stick him on the bench. What's up with De Vita, is he injured or on the #naughtystep? He's worth having on the bench if fit. Schalk and Graham are two good options from the bench - pace and crosses into the box.

I think County might win this one. But I did think that last week. And the week before that.

County are a real threat this season, for all I know they'll do us. I hope not obviously but wouldn't be surprised either.

I'll go an (optimistic) 3-1 win for us... Griffiths (2), Commons & Boyce the scorers...

Hopefully this will be Scott Allan's chance to prove his worth.

After watching the Celtic - Molde game earlier tonight I have a feeling that it'll be an even match on sunday. I hope the staggies can emulate their last performance against Aberdeen. The final score will either be 2 -1 to the staggies or 2 - 2 draw.

Archived