Scottish Junior Cup Round 3

Monalie

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why would that game be moved for health and safety?????????

You're being obtuse. You know perfectly well that 2000 - 3000 people would be an issue.

Are you telling me Royal Albert simply couldn't accommodate the hordes from Pollok? Either way, did Albion Rovers switch the tie to Motherwell? I'm not sure why you're so intent on looking for an argument where none really exists. There are other options for playing this game before opting to give the away team home advantage. But if that's what the SJFA has agreed then crack on. But Whitevanman has a point even if he's pushing it a bit harder than he needs to.

It seems to me that it's a simple question of economics. The prospect of extra pennies has outweighed the prospect of progressing in the cup. Seems sad that junior football has come to this but perhaps it's symptomatic of where the game is going.

I'm not sure what the issue is here. Last season Auchinleck were due to play Irvine Meadow in one of the Ayrshire cups at Beechwood. The weather meant the park was unsuitable so both agreed to play it at Meadow Park, presumably to get the tie out the way as other competitions were ongoing and they didn't want a backlog. The home team can give away home advantage if they want, even if it means additional revenue as in the case we are discussing.

I'm not sure what the issue is here. Last season Auchinleck were due to play Irvine Meadow in one of the Ayrshire cups at Beechwood. The weather meant the park was unsuitable so both agreed to play it at Meadow Park, presumably to get the tie out the way as other competitions were ongoing and they didn't want a backlog. The home team can give away home advantage if they want, even if it means additional revenue as in the case we are discussing.

Different scenario altogether. Talbot would have been favourites, albeit slight and would have been wary of a backlog of fixtures. It was not for financial reasons.

I don't believe the change of venue will alter the result of the Royal Albert v Pollok tie.

I'm very happy the game has been switched to Newlandsfield, makes good sense all round.

Albert will earn a few quid more, their players, coaches, & committee, will love the big time experience.

Pollok will get the game played on the scheduled Saturday, then return their focus to their league challenge.

Don't rule Royal Albert out of causing an upset in this game, very fit, well organised side, with several very good players at the club. If they keep their discipline , & don't lose an early goal they will give Pollok a good game.

The Rob Roy supporting Shettleston supporting alleged former Pollok supporter getting themselves all worked up about a club looking to secure some finances when some clubs are close to going out the game and cups struggle for sponsorships. Who would have ever guessed this would be the case.

I have a feeling if it was for example Talbot V RA their committee would be getting praise for forward thinking and maximising their revenues along with giving their players a chance to play at one of the top junior grounds.

But big bad Pollok with Terrible Tony in charge well ... We probably bullied them into it. We have probably told them we only will do it if they don't play with a goalie.

The Rob Roy supporting Shettleston supporting alleged former Pollok supporter getting themselves all worked up about a club looking to secure some finances when some clubs are close to going out the game and cups struggle for sponsorships. Who would have ever guessed this would be the case.

I have a feeling if it was for example Talbot V RA their committee would be getting praise for forward thinking and maximising their revenues along with giving their players a chance to play at one of the top junior grounds.

But big bad Pollok with Terrible Tony in charge well ... We probably bullied them into it. We have probably told them we only will do it if they don't play with a goalie.

Not trying to sound pedantic here but what happens if the game at newlandsfield is a draw?

Does the replay go to royal Alberts ground or do they replay the game again at newlandsfield ? :)

I actually agree with this. Having absolutely no affiliation to Pollok or Royal Albert and merely an interested reader in this thread, I can't help but feel more is being made of it because Pollok are involved.

From an ex players point of view, playing with a smaller club at the lowest level, I'd have loved the chance to go to Newlandsfield to play a Scottish cup tie.

If both clubs involved are happy, great, go with it.....all this stuff about 'integrity' is nonsense, players, coaches, fans all act in a way that their integrity could be questioned on a weekly basis in one way or another, so in my opinion this is no bigger of a deal.

Not trying to sound pedantic here but what happens if the game at newlandsfield is a draw?

Does the replay go to royal Alberts ground or do they replay the game again at newlandsfield ? :)

The tie as far as i am aware is still RA home tie. Their home ground is Newlandsfield for the tie. Any replay would be played at Polloks home ground

For that reason I would expect they 'claim' the home dressing room - which is what the vics did in the ET final last season as they were the home team.

The tie as far as i am aware is still RA home tie. Their home ground is Newlandsfield for the tie. Any replay would be played at Polloks home ground

For that reason I would expect they 'claim' the home dressing room - which is what the vics did in the ET final last season as they were the home team.

I thought that would be the case and although there's a very slim chance of a draw it would be a double whammy for royal Albert in playing at newlandsfield twice . :)

Being told he was a life long Lok fan he brought penny caramels instead of werthers originals & got banned for life as they were too chewy for the sweetie rustlers & now has a huge grudge

Stop trying to be a smart arse.

I and others who i used to happily go to pollok games now no longer go we will return as the current horror of a manager won't be around forever.

If it was Talbot or whoever playing Albert it would be equally abhorrent.

The horror of a manager who got you promoted back to your clubs rightful place and who puts your club into 2nd place in the league .

The horrors doing none too bad .

If it's personal then I can understand though as I turned my back on Beith when we employed Brian " brass " stevenston as a manager for a season as I just didn't like the guy and so much so he put me off my club all together.

In that case RA can man the flippin' turnstiles too and free me to watch all 90 mins for a change!! :P

Stop trying to be a smart arse.

I and others who i used to happily go to pollok games now no longer go we will return as the current horror of a manager won't be around forever.

If it was Talbot or whoever playing Albert it would be equally abhorrent.

What is it that Tony McInally has done which has so offended you?Are you happy with what he has achieved with Pollok so far?

Archived