Golspie Sutherland

Cyclizine

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Best idea would be to have a 16-18 HL1 and beneath that two leagues of 14 - one spanning the far north, the other everything south of and including Aberdeen.

Based on current Standings:

HL Prem (16): Brora Rangers, Huntly,Clachnacuddin,Cove Rangers, Forres Mechanics, Fraserburgh, Buckie Thistle, Lossiemouth, Keith, Nairn County, Formartine United, Inverurie Loco Works, Strathspey Thistle, Turriff United, Wick Academy Deveronvale

HL 2

West Division(14): Rothes, Fort, Inverness C, Orkney, Golspie, Halkirk, Invergordon, Muir of Ord, Thurso, Alness, New Elgin, Deveronside, Dufftown, Buckie Rovers

East and Tayside Division (14): Stonehaven, Banks, Hall Russ, Hermes, Culter, Dyce, Ellon Utd, Banchory, Maud, Bridge Of Don, Carnoustie, Broughty Ath, Stoneywood, Tayport/Lochee Utd/Jeanfield Swifts

The Best idea would be to have a 16-18 HL1 and beneath that two leagues of 14 - one spanning the far north, the other everything south of and including Aberdeen.

HL Prem (16): Brora Rangers, Huntly,Clachnacuddin,Cove Rangers, Forres Mechanics, Fraserburgh, Buckie Thistle, Lossiemouth, Keith, Nairn County, Formartine United, Inverurie Loco Works, Strathspey Thistle, Turriff United, Wick Academy Deveronvale

HL 2

West Division(14): Rothes, Fort, Inverness C, Orkney, Golspie, Halkirk, Invergordon, Muir of Ord, Thurso, Alness, New Elgin, Deveronside, Dufftown, Buckie Rovers

East and Tayside Division (14): Stonehaven, Banks, Hall Russ, Hermes, Culter, Dyce, Ellon Utd, Banchory, Maud, Bridge Of Don, Carnoustie, Broughty Ath, Stoneywood, Tayport/Lochee Utd/Jeanfield Swifts

That would be utterly fantastic to see. Imagine the lowland league divided East/West and all teams involved. The 3 regional leagues would have so much potential if more fluid promotion from the SPFL came in to the mix, especially if the SPFL reorganised as 16-16.

Cheers for the info

You wouldn't have a pic of the shirt would you?

If not do you know they kit manufacturer and the sponsor for that shirt?

Sorry terrorsquad I haven't any pics of their away kit.They do hav their own website ,when you press the contact page,you can leave your e-mail and contact details,so maybe that's an option for you.

HL 2

Huge quality gap between the bulk of the West Div and the entire East Div is very obvious and would be a problem. For the smaller west clubs, going up to the HL1 from the HL2 West Division would be in most cases pointless and would finish most of them due to traveling costs and being subjected to hammerings every week from semi pro teams, players would go elsewhere probably to a lower level. There would have to be a HL2 which would cover the entire North Region just as the Superleague does right now which would include the HL1 clubs that have been demoted and the stronger sides in the current North Superleague. I would maybe look at having a North Division below level 6 which would cover clubs north and west of the Great Glen and the Moray Firth. Then there's the East Region Juniors clubs problem??.

I think the whole Tayside dividing line if this is for below the Lowland and Highland Leagues levels is nonsense and in most cases completely unworkable. At level 6 in the pyramid I would prefer a 14 team North Region Superleague as it is now, same teams but open up promotion and relegation from the Highland League.

East of Scotland and East Juniors to merge and form a new 6 tier Superleague with 7 of the best teams from the 2 leagues to make it up. Promotion to either Highland League or Lowland League dependent on geography.

At tier 7 in the North HL feeder leagues is where I would put the North Caledonian League clubs, same as the current East and West regionals that currently make up the North Juniors. So I would have 3 leagues, North, East and West with the 3 champions of these divisions gaining promotion to the HL2.

Huge quality gap between the bulk of the West Div and the entire East Div is very obvious and would be a problem. For the smaller west clubs, going up to the HL1 from the HL2 West Division would be in most cases pointless and would finish most of them due to traveling costs and being subjected to hammerings every week from semi pro teams, players would go elsewhere probably to a lower level. There would have to be a HL2 which would cover the entire North Region just as the Superleague does right now which would include the HL1 clubs that have been demoted and the stronger sides in the current North Superleague. I would maybe look at having a North Division below level 6 which would cover clubs north and west of the Great Glen and the Moray Firth. Then there's the East Region Juniors clubs problem??.

I think the whole Tayside dividing line if this is for below the Lowland and Highland Leagues levels is nonsense and in most cases completely unworkable. At level 6 in the pyramid I would prefer a 14 team North Region Superleague as it is now, same teams but open up promotion and relegation from the Highland League.

East of Scotland and East Juniors to merge and form a new 6 tier Superleague with 7 of the best teams from the 2 leagues to make it up. Promotion to either Highland League or Lowland League dependent on geography.

At tier 7 in the North HL feeder leagues is where I would put the North Caledonian League clubs, same as the current East and West regionals that currently make up the North Juniors. So I would have 3 leagues, North, East and West with the 3 champions of these divisions gaining promotion to the HL2.

Issue with that is that all of the EofS League clubs play in South-East, whilst some of the East Juniors play in Tayside- which is more Highland than Lowland.

Could Golspie, in time of course, become a similar type of side to Ross County should they progress into the HFL and beyond?

What I mean is that they could draw support from the entire local area albeit on a smaller scale than what County do with Ross-shire and getting good support from places like Alness and Tain etc.?

Could Golspie, in time of course, become a similar type of side to Ross County should they progress into the HFL and beyond?

What I mean is that they could draw support from the entire local area albeit on a smaller scale than what County do with Ross-shire and getting good support from places like Alness and Tain etc.?

County get a lot of their support from Inverness based ex Thistle and Caledonian fans, and their children presumably. Golspie's too far away. And County are massively subsidised.

Issue with that is that all of the EofS League clubs play in South-East, whilst some of the East Juniors play in Tayside- which is more Highland than Lowland.

And if say Lochee Utd or Carnoustie gain promotion in a future setup then they will play in the Highland League, I don't disagree with that. But below the HL and LL clubs are better where they are regionally, even if the North Juniors Superleague has both Inverness City and Stonehaven in it with the distance between them in miles, both clubs achieved that level so shouldn't have that taken away from them. So its no big deal for a club like Peebles Rovers to play in the same league as Broughty Athletic at level 7 in the pyramid in a combined EOS and East Juniors Superleague.

Example: Lets say right now as the leagues stand

Highland League Clubs (16)

Cove Rangers, Formartine, Brora Rangers, Turriff Utd, Wick Ac, Buckie Th, Nairn Co, Fraserburgh, Lossiemouth, Inverurie LW, Forres Mec, Keith, Clach, Deveronvale, Huntly, Strathspey Th.

2 up 2 down

Highland League 2 (16)

Fort William, Rothes, Stonehaven, Banks O' Dee, Hall Russell Utd, Dyce, Culter, Hermes, Inverness City, Ellon Utd, Banchory St. Ternan, Maud, Bridge of Don Thistle, Dufftown, Deveronside, Golspie Sutherland*.

Regionals

East (13)

FC Stoneywood, Colony Park, Buchanhaven H, Fraserburgh Utd, East End, Lewis Utd, Parkvale, Longside, Newmachar Utd, Aberdeen Uni, Sunnybank, Glentanar, Cruden Bay

West (15)

Buckie Rov, Forres Th, Nairn St. Ninian, Spey Valley, Islavale, Grantown, New Elgin, Fochabers, Lossiemouth Utd, Burghead Th, Halkirk Utd, Orkney, Thurso, Alness Utd, Invergordon.

* Golspie Sutherland automatically admitted to HL2 due to achieving SFA Entry Licence.

The problem with the NCL is that there are only 6 teams and the league is shrinking. So these remaining 4 clubs are added to the West regional. I would prefer to see a North Regional but there are just not enough teams and in reality maybe 3 of these clubs might not be interested in traveling all the way to Banff or Buckie.

We know the Lowland League and lets say its three up, forget the West in the meantime. Both champions of the SoS and East Superleague/EoS league go up and there is a playoff between the two runners up from both leagues. So I'm saying if both current North and East Juniors can cover their entire regions then so should any level 7 league or feeder to both LL and HL.

So we would have the LL

Lowland League 2 (16) Change of plan, 3 SFA licenced clubs plus the best other 5 from the EoS and Linlithgow Rose plus 7 of the best from the East Superleague.

Civil Service Strollers, Coldstream, Hawick RA, Leith Ath, Spartans (allowed up to this level), Lothian Thistle, Peebles Rov, Heriot-Watt Uni, Linlithgow Rose, Bonnyrigg Rose, Penicuik Ath, Musselburgh Ath, Kelty Hearts, Bo'ness Utd, Camelon.

There's enough teams to provide a regional feeder league to the LL2. East of Scotland clubs without licence plus the remaining East Juniors Superleague clubs.

East of Scotland Premier League (16)

Tynecastle, Craigroyston, Ormiston, Stirling Uni, Duns, Burntisland S, Eyemouth Utd, Sauchie, Hill of Beath H, Carnoustie P, Newtongrange Star, Broxburn, Broughty Ath, Fauldhouse, St.Andrews Utd, Tayport.

Then there is an option of keeping another one division below this with a North and South feeder or the option of going back to North, Central, South for the remaining teams.

Unlikely, Golspie would be doing well to make the top half of the Highland League if they make it so although they might attract a few more supporters it won't be a large increase. It would be expected they might take players that Brora release or won't take from the local area.

• 7 months later...

A north of Scotland Pyramid to allow promotion to & from the Highland League is essential,and the solution is straightforward IMO. The SFA should create two north region feeder divisions, namely the NCL (North & West), and a new NCL (East). These two regional divisions would operate separately (except possibly for a league cup competition ?), but the champions of each section would contest an end of season play-off to decide the overall North Caledonian League champions each season. 

If (and only if) the overall NCL winners meet the SFA Entry Licence requirements, they would be promoted to the Highland League, replacing the bottom HFL club , who would be relegated to the North & West or East divisions, as geographically appropriate. . 

Initially each regional division would each have 8-10 clubs. The current NCL has 6 existing clubs, plus 2 new clubs elected into the NCL for  2016/17 (Tain St Duthus and Inverness Athletic). I would anticipate that Banks O'Dee, Aberdeen University, and at least 6 others would be interested in applying  to join, thereby following the successes of Cove, Inverurie, Strathspey, Formartine and Turiff who left the Juniors to join the Highland League in recent years.

The above 2-divisional feeder system, would avoid the geographical and financial problems which would arise if the SFA seeks to establish a non-regionalised feeder system below the HFL, or alternatively a Highland League 2nd division (which is unnecessary)..

Also, as in the East and South of Scotland (Pyramid feeder) Leagues, the reconstituted North Caledonian League, (East) and (North&West) divisional clubs, would not be forced into having an SFA Entry Licence. However the winners of both these 2 regional divisions, would be invited to participate in the Scottish FA Cup each season, thereby mirroring the EoSL and SoSL champions..

Archived