Golspie Sutherland

Cyclizine

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As far as Linlithgow Rose are concerned it looks like they have been hung out to dry, but then what wrong with committing to the pyramid?. The club can say it is but does that mean they have to join next season?. If the club were committed to gaining an entry level license surely this couldn't be only to compete in the Scottish Cup since the Juniors won't be invited season 2016/17 (not sure if this includes licensed Juniors and amateurs) .

I don't think that's the case.

I don't think that's the case.

I read this a while back on this forum, but if Junior clubs gain ELL then this shouldn't be an issue. I look forward to the post deadline if there are more than 5 Junior clubs competing in the Scottish Cup.

I read this a while back on this forum, but if Junior clubs gain ELL then this shouldn't be an issue. I look forward to the post deadline if there are more than 5 Junior clubs competing in the Scottish Cup.

The three Superleague winners and the Junior Cup winners will continue to enter the Scottish Cup. That hasn't changed, same with unlicenced winners of the EoS or SoS to the best of my knowledge.

The three Superleague winners and the Junior Cup winners will continue to enter the Scottish Cup. That hasn't changed, same with unlicenced winners of the EoS or SoS to the best of my knowledge.

I hope you're right, they have been a breath of fresh air to the competition and some great days out, seen Irvine Meadow beat Arbroath, Bo'ness beating Queen's Park, Auchinleck Talbot crush Fort William, Montrose beating Banks O' Dee in soaking conditions, Culter hammering Burntisland, and all Juniors match Lochee Utd beating Bathgate Thistle at one the weirdest grounds I have ever been at.

How did Glasgow Uni get round the commitment to a pyramid question?

They applied for the Lowland League last season by using a groundshare with Airdrie. Assuming they don't get the 16th place, it will be interesting to see if they have to join the SoS League. Does anyone know if the commitment to the pyramid clause that was added to the licensing process applies to existing full members, or whether it is only applicable to new members?

Does anyone know if the commitment to the pyramid clause that was added to the licensing process applies to existing full members, or whether it is only applicable to new members?

This is what I was wondering, Golspie are licenced now but have always maintained their SFA membership.

Thing is the North football isn't so entrenched in the idea of Junior football

This! I can understand 100% that Junior sides in the central belt are committed to the ethos of Junior football and want to remain there, but is this the same in the north? Does it matter to Buckie Rovers or whoever which league they play in, as long as its local? OK, I have no idea of the politics in the north, but it seems to me (in my ignorance, I am happy to concede) that the north could amalgamate "senior" and Junior football quite easily without the political / historic issues that trying to do something like that elsewhere would produce. But the initiative would have to be taken by the clubs themselves. The SFA may have lit the blue touch paper with the pyramid, but that's as far as they will go in my opinion. The clubs will be left to sort themselves out.

For their own reasons, the SFA want a pyramid in place and for it to work; talk of them not wanting it to work by specifically excluding Juniors is, again in my opinion, nonsense put about by people who have an agenda.

This! I can understand 100% that Junior sides in the central belt are committed to the ethos of Junior football and want to remain there, but is this the same in the north? Does it matter to Buckie Rovers or whoever which league they play in, as long as its local? OK, I have no idea of the politics in the north, but it seems to me (in my ignorance, I am happy to concede) that the north could amalgamate "senior" and Junior football quite easily without the political / historic issues that trying to do something like that elsewhere would produce. But the initiative would have to be taken by the clubs themselves. The SFA may have lit the blue touch paper with the pyramid, but that's as far as they will go in my opinion. The clubs will be left to sort themselves out.

For their own reasons, the SFA want a pyramid in place and for it to work; talk of them not wanting it to work by specifically excluding Juniors is, again in my opinion, nonsense put about by people who have an agenda.

In that case, if the sfa aren't arsed one way or the other, every junior team that fancies it should just crack on and get their licence and not bother their arse about changing league.

Just my thoughts on why the North Region isn't so entrenched in the idea of Junior football.

If the North was as entrenched the Highland League would be the top division in the Juniors, but its not. The Juniors is the highest level at the present for amateur players in the North and North East of Scotland to play in and most of the historically big and successful clubs now play in the Highland League. I'm not a 100% on this but a good number of clubs that make up the North Juniors are younger than 40 years old and also over the years there has been a high turnover of clubs moving in and out of this level.

Outwith the juniors and NCL in the North, there is only the Aberdeenshire AFL which plays a winter season. The local amateur and welfare (again, a pointless distinction) leagues are summer playing. There are a fair few players who play junior and welfare. There isn't the strength in depth that further south has, but when you're talking about around 1/5th of the population, that's hardly surprising.

In that case, if the sfa aren't arsed one way or the other, every junior team that fancies it should just crack on and get their licence and not bother their arse about changing league.

Then we'll find out how keen the SFA really are on an influx of junior clubs into full membership, and who really has an agenda. It was transparently obvious that the extra progression requirement was added to block junior entry after Linlithgow Rose did something they were not expected to do and it was obvious other clubs like Auchinleck Talbot were going to follow their example. There are some North juniors with access to reasonable grounds like Lewis United and Aberdeen University, so it will be surprising if the Banks O'Dee precedent isn't used north of the Tay even if things are more problematic in the Lowland League zone.

To be clear they tried to stop Linlithgow in mid application by making rules up as they went along. It didn't really happen after the event, it was just they got a bit of a reaction.

I've been advocating on "Fitba North" for a while now,the SHFL needs to be split into two leagues of 14 or 16.The gulf in class between Cove/Brora and Rothes/Strathspey for example is to large.After that we can deal with whats left of the north juniors and NCL below the 2nd tier of the SHFL.Like most SHFL fans I do not want the SHFL split into two leagues of 10,the good thing bout the league is you only play each other once at home and once away,we do not want 4 games against the same team like in the SPFL.Hopefully something can be sorted out in the coming year's.

To be clear they tried to stop Linlithgow in mid application by making rules up as they went along. It didn't really happen after the event, it was just they got a bit of a reaction.

To be fair, the whole SFL to SPFL thing was made up as they went along; am I surprised that the SFA part of things was a shambles? Not at all. The nonsense that went on at and before each meeting was unbelievable. Teams were turning up at meetings with no real idea of what was going to be talked about, and they had to make decisions on the hoof with no chance to discuss it beforehand.

Get their licence and remain Junior?

As an aside, personally, I would be very sad if the Juniors were to throw their lot in with the pyramid as I'm a fan of their set-up, but I think that if they want to be in the "big" Scottish Cup, then they should be part of the bigger picture.

Archived