Watches

Thanks Rowan. 

As said in the quick question thread my other half is looking to flog this Cartier watch she inherited from her gran a few years ago to raise some honeymoon spending money. As the watch was inherited, and its about 40 years old we don't have any paperwork / proof of ownership etc.

Generally looking to find a) what model it is, and b) where to get best price for it given the lack of documents. 

Cheers 

20230205_160610.jpg

20230205_160526.jpg

20230205_160504.jpg

1 hour ago, Fuctifano said:

Thanks Rowan. 

As said in the quick question thread my other half is looking to flog this Cartier watch she inherited from her gran a few years ago to raise some honeymoon spending money. As the watch was inherited, and its about 40 years old we don't have any paperwork / proof of ownership etc.

Generally looking to find a) what model it is, and b) where to get best price for it given the lack of documents. 

Cheers 

20230205_160610.jpg

20230205_160526.jpg

20230205_160504.jpg

V. nice, it's a ladies Santos, the male version of it is superb, would like one. A bit of a guess at value, I would say 1500/2000, just guessing though.

eta. The best way to sell it is through a private dealer.

eta again. Just noticed the 'quartz' that reduces value a fair bit, compared to an automatic.

Edited by Bigmouth Strikes Again

5 hours ago, Fuctifano said:

Thanks Rowan. 

Cheers 

20230205_160610.jpg

20230205_160526.jpg

20230205_160504.jpg

It might be worth joining WatchUSeek forum, both for advice and for selling privately. You might have to be a member for some time before you can sell though - I've never sold anything through the site.

https://www.watchuseek.com/search/5870495/?q=cartier+santos+ladies+quartz&o=relevance

On 09/02/2023 at 19:51, wellfan09 said:

Went for it after some humming and hawing for a couple of months, arrived yesterday 🙂

FFFC2139-2038-47DB-8997-E6DC03D0AB3D.jpeg

Lovely watch.  Are you left handed, and / or do you wear your watch on the right wrist?  Or did you just fancy something a bit different (in a good way)?

Right handed and wear on the left but aye just fancied it as a bit more unusual, cant really tell any difference whilst wearing it and obviously don’t actually need to adjust it too often anyway. 

Edited by wellfan09

Anyone got any idea what watch McCann was wearing on Sportscene tonight?  He’s been seen wearing Rolex before.  I think he’s been seen with a Submariner date and / or a Yachmaster.

Given the size of this my guess is a Rolex Sea-Dweller Deepsea or could it even be the Rolex Deepsea Challange.  If it’s not them could it be an Omega Planet Ocean Ultra-Deep?

081D4769-081F-404E-B1EF-045B70B79BED.jpeg

Edited by Shadow Play

20 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Anyone got any idea what watch McCann was wearing on Sportscene tonight?  He’s been seen wearing Rolex before.  I think he’s been seen with a Submariner date and / or a Yachmaster.

Given the size of this my guess is a Rolex Sea-Dweller Deepsea or could it even be the Rolex Deepsea Challange.  If it’s not them could it be an Omega Planet Ocean Ultra-Deep?

081D4769-081F-404E-B1EF-045B70B79BED.jpeg

Reminds me of the classic aviation joke…

A flight attendant runs into Operations and says: “Help, there’s a naked pilot unconscious outside!”

The dispatcher says: “How do you know it’s a pilot if he’s naked?”

FA: “That’s easy, big watch, small….”

I was never a huge watch guy, until I started working with a proper watch geek a couple years ago, they just told the time and I wear a mid range Garmin most of the time. Speaking with him though actually opened my eyes up a bit and I've took more and more an interest in them and saw it as a kinda investment in the sense that I'd like to have something to pass down to kids and grandkids. 

Always felt it difficult to justify the splurge until this week though, and finally went for one, got the Hamilton American Classic, really liked the simple look and I just don't suit a bracelet strap, I have the wrists of a 12 year old girl 😁

This won't be my last purchase I don't think, will definitely be frequenting this thread more now and there's plenty of really beautiful watches you don't have to break the bank for. 

Anyway, here it is here, absolutely delighted with it

IMG20230220180441.jpg

30 minutes ago, Squalor Vic said:

I was never a huge watch guy, until I started working with a proper watch geek a couple years ago, they just told the time and I wear a mid range Garmin most of the time. Speaking with him though actually opened my eyes up a bit and I've took more and more an interest in them and saw it as a kinda investment in the sense that I'd like to have something to pass down to kids and grandkids. 

Always felt it difficult to justify the splurge until this week though, and finally went for one, got the Hamilton American Classic, really liked the simple look and I just don't suit a bracelet strap, I have the wrists of a 12 year old girl 😁

This won't be my last purchase I don't think, will definitely be frequenting this thread more now and there's plenty of really beautiful watches you don't have to break the bank for. 

Anyway, here it is here, absolutely delighted with it

IMG20230220180441.jpg

That's a beauty 

• 2 weeks later...

I have seen a lot of love about on the watch instagram pages and magazines lately for this Lorca GMT, first release from a watch enthusiast/musician who has turned his hand to manufacture. I think it’s a lovely looking watch, especially the champagne dial.

any thoughts on it? Is it worth the money £1450 preorder going up to £1750 later

5192E7C2-E8A5-46DE-BA6B-BA6D61F6ADC8.jpeg.d6d1789c92163d4493a762917d9d08e7.jpeg

https://www.fratellowatches.com/introducing-the-lorca-watches-model-no-1-gmt/

Edited by Don Diego De la Vega

4 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

I have seen a lot of love about on the watch instagram pages and magazines lately for this Lorca GMT, first release from a watch enthusiast/musician who has turned his hand to manufacture. I think it’s a lovely looking watch, especially the champagne dial.

any thoughts on it? Is it worth the money £1450 preorder going up to £1750 later

Quite like the overall look, but the hour hand on the champagne dial just looks off to me.

23 hours ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

Nice looking watch, but, personally I wouldn't chuck that amount of cash at a micro brand. Just my opinion though.

22 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Nice looking watch, but, personally I wouldn't chuck that amount of cash at a micro brand. Just my opinion though.

That's what I was thinking too,  it's a lovely looking watch and getting quite a bit of hype for the last couple of months but without actually seeing it or trying it on i don't think I'd like to pay upfront then wait 6 months for the watch and not actually like it on wrist. 

save the cash and put it towards my next purchase, whatever that will be...

1 hour ago, Don Diego De la Vega said:

That's what I was thinking too,  it's a lovely looking watch and getting quite a bit of hype for the last couple of months but without actually seeing it or trying it on i don't think I'd like to pay upfront then wait 6 months for the watch and not actually like it on wrist. 

save the cash and put it towards my next purchase, whatever that will be...

Save a little more and buy a Tudor, it's a no brainer.