Watches

This thread has got me wearing more of my watches on rotation.

For some reason today's watch is the one that has had several complete strangers compliment me on, and ask about where I got it from.

I think it's a combination of the 70's style bracelet and the tag heur Monaco rip-off face that does it.

Also this is now officially my smallest watch at 41mm x 41mm but looks bigger because it's square and the strap is chunky.

I bought it in the famous Wade Smiths in Liverpool in about 2003 (now closed).  I think it was the last one they had in a sale, so I picked it up for about £100 (which would have been a lot of money for me at the time, but I had seen it for £200+ there previously.

Any way, here it is;

20220423_125722.thumb.jpg.aab067ff4afb9ef4297e1bea0293d755.jpg20220423_125755.thumb.jpg.d01e24da2cf54e0f66227c021ec3e03c.jpg

On 23/04/2022 at 13:18, aDONisSheep said:

This thread has got me wearing more of my watches on rotation.

For some reason today's watch is the one that has had several complete strangers compliment me on, and ask about where I got it from.

I think it's a combination of the 70's style bracelet and the tag heur Monaco rip-off face that does it.

Also this is now officially my smallest watch at 41mm x 41mm but looks bigger because it's square and the strap is chunky.

I bought it in the famous Wade Smiths in Liverpool in about 2003 (now closed).  I think it was the last one they had in a sale, so I picked it up for about £100 (which would have been a lot of money for me at the time, but I had seen it for £200+ there previously.

Any way, here it is;

20220423_125722.thumb.jpg.aab067ff4afb9ef4297e1bea0293d755.jpg20220423_125755.thumb.jpg.d01e24da2cf54e0f66227c021ec3e03c.jpg

Unusual, like a Tag Heuer Monaco shagged a Cartier Santos and this is the b*****d love child.

Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

PM'd you, what's the make of the 2nd one?

As far as I can tell it's just GC bud; I'm not a watch person so couldn't really say for definite. I just searched GC Black/Bronze

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
6 hours ago, saint dave said:

Got this a couple of weeks ago, love a green watch. Good discount thanks to the blue light card thingy my Mrs gets. 

IMG_20220730_112836.jpg

Reminds me of the Rolex Oysterquartz from the ‘70s and  that’s high praise indeed.

As I’ve said before, I think the Tissot PRX quartz is without doubt the best bang for your buck quartz watch out there.

20 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

Reminds me of the Rolex Oysterquartz from the ‘70s and  that’s high praise indeed.

As I’ve said before, I think the Tissot PRX quartz is without doubt the best bang for your buck quartz watch out there.

Or the Vacheron Constantin Overseas.

Thank you.

16 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Or the Vacheron Constantin Overseas.

Thank you.

Yeh, I can see what you mean.   I know there are part of the holy trinity but I’m just not a fan of VC.  The bezel on the Overseas just looks odd to me and I just don’t see the value of them at £20k ish.  Much rather spend my money on a PP Aquanaut (if ever any AD is willing to sell me one).

41 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Yeh, I can see what you mean.   I know there are part of the holy trinity but I’m just not a fan of VC.  The bezel on the Overseas just looks odd to me and I just don’t see the value of them at £20k ish.  Much rather spend my money on a PP Aquanaut (if ever any AD is willing to sell me one).

Nice, I like them, not on the tangerine band though.

Made quite a bit of money last year cashing in on my watches, but didn’t quite sell them at their peak as a couple months later they went proper nuts

2 tone Daytona which I got 16k for - then went to 24k

Batman I got 14k for - then went to 18

Black face skydweller I got 16 for - went all the way to 28

Jubilee Pepsi I got 16 for - went to 23 months later