Watches

59 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not sure how easy it is to get one but Swatch and Omega have come up with these things for about £200

image.jpeg.3600735d1cfbda1ddd74ba506f216848.jpeg

They are on sale at the Swatch shop in Edinburgh, but iirc, someone said they were very popular.

I passed the shop the other day and it was queued out the door.

1 hour ago, Leith Green said:

They are on sale at the Swatch shop in Edinburgh, but iirc, someone said they were very popular.

I passed the shop the other day and it was queued out the door.

Not seen one up close but have found the posher Swatches look better in pics than up close. I’d only get it caked in paint anyway.

FFCE52C8-20FE-488B-BF64-8C2160A67630.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Not seen one up close but have found the posher Swatches look better in pics than up close. I’d only get it caked in paint anyway.

I did that with my first ABC watch, a Casio Protrek. Spattered with emulsion from a shower room ceiling I did as a wee extra for someone.........now it's the "dirty jobs" watch. 😆

My wee collection

Oris Aquis Date
Hamilton Khaki Field
G shock
Basic Casio number for work
Rotary that was my dad's
Armani (I know it was a birthday gift though)

Hoping to add a Max Bill later this year and got my eye on a Tudor Black Bay Gmt S&G for my 40th. 71291edbeceb79f600ea74848a50f10c.jpg

20 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Collection...... 3 Seikos, 3 G-Shock, Tudor, Omega, Rolex, Tag Heuer, grandfathers pocket watch......

collection.thumb.jpg.d24f5e6ae8aeb96b1eb1a2d3969abc71.jpg

Ignoring the obvious Rolex and Omega choice I have to say the smiley face Tudor with the rose logo is a fantastic watch.    It’s just going to go up and up in value Biggie as you probably know.  Great collection by the way.  A strict one out one in from now on?*

* I don’t believe you if you say yes 🤣

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Cheers guys, fucking love watches, great to see other collections. One more to go @Shadow Play will be a GMT, probably the Tudor pepsi. (on the leather strap) and then that's defo the end.

Thank you.

You Sir, are a liar* :P

*or not a very good watch collector, there's always room for one more!

Cheers guys, fucking love watches, great to see other collections. One more to go [mention=67877]Shadow Play[/mention] will be a GMT, probably the Tudor pepsi. (on the leather strap) and then that's defo the end.
Thank you.
Whats your thoughts on the root beer GMT.
I think it looks cracking particulalry with S&G bracelet.

11 minutes ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Whats your thoughts on the root beer GMT.
I think it looks cracking particulalry with S&G bracelet.

I like it, better looking than the Black Bay Pro. IMO. Not keen on the faux rivets on the bracelet though, would get it on the leather or fabric.

I’ve just been browsing watches in the off duty at Edinburgh Airport. I currently wear an Apple watch but after looking at “proper” watches I am now thinking I wouldn’t mind one of them. I like the look of Tissot. Can’t buy your groceries with them right enough but they look cooler.

45 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

I’ve just been browsing watches in the off duty at Edinburgh Airport. I currently wear an Apple watch but after looking at “proper” watches I am now thinking I wouldn’t mind one of them. I like the look of Tissot. Can’t buy your groceries with them right enough but they look cooler.

ecdff42c8f38d5336ac7551345f0f4f5.jpg

I like it, better looking than the Black Bay Pro. IMO. Not keen on the faux rivets on the bracelet though, would get it on the leather or fabric.
Agree on the BB Pro, I just don't look it and think I would love to have it but the Gmt root beer is a different story, as I said before really considering it as my next big purchase in a year or so.

Inspired by Newbornbairn's cheap pilot, I've dusted off one of my cheap pilots watches for today;

I tend to only wear this one with a suit, because it has a 'relatively' unfussy face (well for my taste anyway), so that makes it a dress watch... for pilots (obviously, which I'm not). 

It's the only hand-winder I own, 44mm with a glass back case and butterfly clasp.  Yours for £20 if I recall including postage from China.

You've got to admire what chinese children can produce and I'm sure only a few of them died in its manufacture.

I also have another fully mechaical pilot, which I'll save for another day.20220420_121009.thumb.jpg.cbe650b8f65e9b4d6476c370e2005f0b.jpg20220420_121929.thumb.jpg.3d5ab18b491a98692e73f6b7cc8e66de.jpg

19 hours ago, aDONisSheep said:

Inspired by Newbornbairn's cheap pilot, I've dusted off one of my cheap pilots watches for today;

I tend to only wear this one with a suit, because it has a 'relatively' unfussy face (well for my taste anyway), so that makes it a dress watch... for pilots (obviously, which I'm not). 

It's the only hand-winder I own, 44mm with a glass back case and butterfly clasp.  Yours for £20 if I recall including postage from China.

You've got to admire what chinese children can produce and I'm sure only a few of them died in its manufacture.

I also have another fully mechaical pilot, which I'll save for another day.20220420_121009.thumb.jpg.cbe650b8f65e9b4d6476c370e2005f0b.jpg20220420_121929.thumb.jpg.3d5ab18b491a98692e73f6b7cc8e66de.jpg

The strap is worth 20 quid on it's own. IMO.