Jump to content

Watches


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, dundeefc1783 said:

Wow I now see what you mean about the value plummeting.

As a starter watch for some looking to putt together a modest collection do you think something like that is a decent deal?

Yeah, for the price it's decent, don't buy a new one though! My advice would be go for a Tudor, have a look at the catalogue, see what you like, and check out the prices new and on the grey market. It's basically a Rolex.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, for the price it's decent, don't buy a new one though! My advice would be go for a Tudor, have a look at the catalogue, see what you like, and check out the prices new and on the grey market. It's basically a Rolex.

Thanks for the advice.

I Never factored in import duty and Vat with it being from outwith the UK. Every days a school day.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Biggy is the First Tudor King of Scotland.

We should have a pedant's corner on P&B like Private Eye have. As James V's mum was Henry VIII's sister I suppose he was the first Tudor (or half Tudor) King of Scotland.

Tudor are nice looking watches though. I think I might save up for one. And Biggie for King!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, tamthebam said:

We should have a pedant's corner on P&B like Private Eye have. As James V's mum was Henry VIII's sister I suppose he was the first Tudor (or half Tudor) King of Scotland.

Tudor are nice looking watches though. I think I might save up for one. And Biggie for King!

Ha!  I thought about doing a fact-check after I posted but thought, "Naw.  No one will bother".  Should have known better!

BTW I saw someone suggested crowdfunding a Scottish satirical/investigative rag  and calling it Private Aye.  Doubt he was serious and just wanted to publicise his joke.  I laughed anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, tamthebam said:

We should have a pedant's corner on P&B like Private Eye have. As James V's mum was Henry VIII's sister I suppose he was the first Tudor (or half Tudor) King of Scotland.

Tudor are nice looking watches though. I think I might save up for one. And Biggie for King!

If you do go for a Tudor I don’t think you will be disappointed TTB.  The original BB58 wears great.  


 

 

4CBAE8AB-1838-42D3-8B6F-28FF983995DC.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 13/05/2021 at 18:21, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Finally hunted down the Golden Turtle. Seiko SRPC44.

seiko.thumb.jpg.49ca9260069f480ca0fbe40873a0f6b4.jpg

seiko1.thumb.jpg.b07913db48edd0f396c35f73da7115e9.jpg

Well pleased. Thank you.

 

Just as a matter of interest i popped onto Chrono44 to look at this watch again. I know you didn't buy it to make money off it but it's gone up in price quite nicely 8)

 

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/seiko/ref-srpc44.htm

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, greendot said:

 

Just as a matter of interest i popped onto Chrono44 to look at this watch again. I know you didn't buy it to make money off it but it's gone up in price quite nicely 8)

 

https://www.chrono24.co.uk/seiko/ref-srpc44.htm

Cheers for that, they are hard to get, had a look on ebay only one, from Japan £644, don't know if you would need to pay tax on it as well. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Cheers for that, they are hard to get, had a look on ebay only one, from Japan £644, don't know if you would need to pay tax on it as well. 

 

For the price point on that watch from when you bought yours to rise 20 -25% in such a short space of time is quite impressive 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

My Datejust is better, gone up by 3k in the 4 or 5 years I've had it. Crazy prices for Rolex now.

I reckon Rolex are a different kettle of fish though.  Because they've restricted production the sought after models have gone completely nuts and the 'lesser' models are being hoovered up at inflated prices now cos of the Instagram generation creating hype over the brand.  If i had the chance to buy a Rolex around the time you got yours it may have appealed but these days i wouldn't go near one.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, greendot said:

I reckon Rolex are a different kettle of fish though.  Because they've restricted production the sought after models have gone completely nuts and the 'lesser' models are being hoovered up at inflated prices now cos of the Instagram generation creating hype over the brand.  If i had the chance to buy a Rolex around the time you got yours it may have appealed but these days i wouldn't go near one.

Agree, totally overpriced.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...