Watches

3 hours ago, UsedToGoToCentralPark said:
On 12/5/2017 at 15:21, sjc said:
soldier-25318000.png
I do like a nice watch but would never spend huge amounts on one to be honest. I got given this Omega watch by my ex gfs brother-in-law for doing some work on his house about 10 years ago.

Got any actual pics? Curious to see how it looks after 10 years.

I'll need to get my Mum to dig it out at her house as I didn't bring it to Japan. It's in pretty good condition as I only wore it on special occasions although the "stone" at 12 fell out and got lost.

• 5 weeks later...

Didn't go for the Hamilton above in the end. Got a Seiko diver's watch with my thinking being I wanted something rugged and reliable for work wear.

Seiko-SKX007-black-nato-by-lithic-goods-3.thumb.jpg.725f193762939fbbbdc7308f5f8884fe.jpg

Nice watch, a bit chunky but the problem is I don't have too active a lifestyle - I can drive 150-200 miles to a client, walk 50ft to a meeting, then get back in the car so it being an automatic it wasn't getting a chance to get wound properly.  Had it 3 weeks and it must have stopped about 6 times. 

So I returned it (thank you Amazon) and I've ordered this -

41Ld4X2YrTL._UX466_.jpg.7fd627bc31a6a91673e6eef3af382d59.jpg

Still a diver style but quartz so a bit easier to look after.

Didn't go for the Hamilton above in the end. Got a Seiko diver's watch with my thinking being I wanted something rugged and reliable for work wear.
Seiko-SKX007-black-nato-by-lithic-goods-3.thumb.jpg.725f193762939fbbbdc7308f5f8884fe.jpg

Nice watch, a bit chunky but the problem is I don't have too active a lifestyle - I can drive 150-200 miles to a client, walk 50ft to a meeting, then get back in the car so it being an automatic it wasn't getting a chance to get wound properly.  Had it 3 weeks and it must have stopped about 6 times. 

Nice. Mine.

IMG_1103.jpg

13 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

That Seiko is a great watch, SKX-009? Should've kept it IMO. Going to get the blue and red bezel version.  You've got to make sure your wrist is moving about a lot.8)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Very nice, and unusual too, most women don't give a f**k about watches. How's your Omega running?

Very nice, and unusual too, most women don't give a f**k about watches. How's your Omega running?

That's why they pay a couple of hundred quid for a pishy Michael Kors with a $6 Japanese movement.

38 minutes ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

It’s perfect, ta. Normally just gets an airing when tatted up for a day/night out. The vintage size is very understated.