Watches

5 hours ago, greendot said:

Anyone been to the Chisholm hunter in Edinburgh? I'm hoping to have a mooch around in there this week and try on a few pieces but the main caveat is I'm not going to be buying at this time. I notice on street view they appear to have a bloke on the door so he may keep the riffraff out! 🧐

So long as I'm not dressed like a tramp I take it they'll pretty much let anyone in?

Harry Brown’s a grasper. Make it plain you’ve got (even ill gotten) gains to spend and he’ll be you best pal right up til the point that you are two minutes out the door. 

6 hours ago, greendot said:

Anyone been to the Chisholm hunter in Edinburgh? I'm hoping to have a mooch around in there this week and try on a few pieces but the main caveat is I'm not going to be buying at this time. I notice on street view they appear to have a bloke on the door so he may keep the riffraff out! 🧐

So long as I'm not dressed like a tramp I take it they'll pretty much let anyone in?

Hire a Ferrari for the day, park it outside his shop, and swagger in like you're 'Billy big baws'.

Thank you.

On 01/05/2023 at 21:01, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Hire a Ferrari for the day, park it outside his shop, and swagger in like you're 'Billy big baws'.

Thank you.

Left the Ferrari at home and popped in. The guy who approached me I made it clear that I wasn't in a position to buy yesterday but I'd like to try on four watches. Jlc Reverso, he brought me the duoface, the master ultra thin, the grand Seiko cherry blossom dial spring drive along with the glashutte original panomatic lunar white dial. Absolutely gorgeous watches and he said those were two or three of the best watches in the shop. He brought over some other grand Seiko's and gave a bit of a story behind them. He said he had a special watch to show me and came back with two! The iwc perpetual calendar worth 29k and an a lange & sohne Lange 1 worth just under 44k that I had on my wrist until I looked at the sapphire crystal case back and saw the price! Handed it back quite sharpish as I suddenly became nervous of that sort of cash on my wrist 😂

Well worth the visit and it certainly gave me a lot to think about in my next watch purchase.

1 hour ago, greendot said:

Left the Ferrari at home and popped in. The guy who approached me I made it clear that I wasn't in a position to buy yesterday but I'd like to try on four watches. Jlc Reverso, he brought me the duoface, the master ultra thin, the grand Seiko cherry blossom dial spring drive along with the glashutte original panomatic lunar white dial. Absolutely gorgeous watches and he said those were two or three of the best watches in the shop. He brought over some other grand Seiko's and gave a bit of a story behind them. He said he had a special watch to show me and came back with two! The iwc perpetual calendar worth 29k and an a lange & sohne Lange 1 worth just under 44k that I had on my wrist until I looked at the sapphire crystal case back and saw the price! Handed it back quite sharpish as I suddenly became nervous of that sort of cash on my wrist 😂

Well worth the visit and it certainly gave me a lot to think about in my next watch purchase.

The JLC is a superb piece, probably never wear it though, but sounds like a great day, need to pay them a visit, when I get retired.

8 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

The JLC is a superb piece, probably never wear it though, but sounds like a great day, need to pay them a visit, when I get retired.

The guy gave me a business card and his number so I could WhatsApp him if I had any questions etc. He also said I should visit Hamilton and inches I think it was cos they have some pateks! Ever so slightly out of my price range but cheers for the advice 😂

To be honest though the guy seemed genuinely happy to talk watches with someone rather than just mooch around the shop all day not talking to anyone.

9 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

No, I've not won euromillions, the Patek homage finally arrived today (2 weeks). £70 including postage from China, Miyota movement, V. nice. imo.

patek.thumb.jpg.12efd57e8af5f754b459166885fc28cb.jpgpatek1.thumb.jpg.2d9cc5db9af7080bf9072b20eabee797.jpg

Thank you.

The blue looks better here than the slight lighter lone in your first post. Looks very nice,

• 5 weeks later...

Added to my collection today.Been meaning to have a look at the collection for a wee while and kept forgetting.So finally got around to having a look so went for this bad boy.Only had one in the shop so ordered it from the website 

Screenshot_20230611-191659.png

23 hours ago, doulikefish said:

Added to my collection today.Been meaning to have a look at the collection for a wee while and kept forgetting.So finally got around to having a look so went for this bad boy.Only had one in the shop so ordered it from the website 

Screenshot_20230611-191659.png

Can you get them online now? I thought they were going to be in-store only for at least a year?

1 hour ago, Mark Connolly said:

Can you get them online now? I thought they were going to be in-store only for at least a year?

Guy in the shop ordered it for me and put it in for delivery to my house as the only one in shop has been handled multiple times 

Honestly thought he was just being helpful to get the sale done instead of me ordering myself 

Edited by doulikefish

4 minutes ago, doulikefish said:

Guy in the shop ordered it for me and put it in for delivery to my house as the only one in shop has been handled multiple times 

Honestly thought he was just being helpful to get the sale done instead of me ordering myself 

Ah, got it.

Thought I was missing something on the website!

Now this is my kind of thread !

New hear so bare with me .

Your favorite shops to buy from ? 

Experience on ebay ?

Favorite you tube channels?

I've currently a Speedmaster in my collection , a tissot xl chrono sport , a hamilton field khaki , a seiko gmt , a pulsar , my grandfather vintage buler , my other grandpas vintage sekonda dress watch . a seiko 5 from my month and year of birth a  , a Casio Analouge Men's Watch MRW-200H-1BVES , a T15 Timex T78587.

Edited by OmegaSpeedyPro

8 hours ago, OmegaSpeedyPro said:

Now this is my kind of thread !

New hear so bare with me .

Your favorite shops to buy from ? 

Experience on ebay ?

Favorite you tube channels?

I've currently a Speedmaster in my collection , a tissot xl chrono sport , a hamilton field khaki , a seiko gmt , a pulsar , my grandfather vintage buler , my other grandpas vintage sekonda dress watch . a seiko 5 from my month and year of birth a  , a Casio Analouge Men's Watch MRW-200H-1BVES , a T15 Timex T78587.

Bought my Tudor Black Bay from Goldsmiths, good service.

Ebay, got my Seiko from there, was the only place to get it (American market model) good experience, no probs.

Like Paul Thorpes channel, Watch Eric is good as well.

Speedmaster? hesalite or saphire?

Thank you.