Watches

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Listening to the news and heard about a robber stealing from Mark Cavendish 2 Richard Mille watches worth £700,000.       Never heard of that brand.......clearly don't sell them in H Samuels !!

I can’t help but think RM will go the same way as Franck Muller.  Massively in demand by the rich crowd until they get bored and move onto the next big thing.  I first became aware of them when I was walking (not shopping that’s for sure) with my wife in Old Bond Street a few years ago and happened to see their boutique.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Sounds like Cavendish got one of them as a freebie...

https://www.watchfinder.co.uk/articles/richard-mille-for-mark-cavendish

Not for me, way too busy.

news_richardmillecavendish_body-2017-04-

I agree but if you think that’s busy have a look at some of the Franck Muller watches.

2 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Listening to the news and heard about a robber stealing from Mark Cavendish 2 Richard Mille watches worth £700,000.       Never heard of that brand.......clearly don't sell them in H Samuels !!

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/watches/article/rafael-nadal-watch

A few of the RM watches I have seen I couldn’t work out how to tell the fucking time on them never mind anything else. Can’t for the life of me see what some people clearly do with them.

5 minutes ago, Ross. said:

A few of the RM watches I have seen I couldn’t work out how to tell the fucking time on them never mind anything else. Can’t for the life of me see what some people clearly do with them.

Check the time on their phone.  The watch is  a piece of jewellery.

20230128_154801.thumb.jpg.668c1919c07d5995504ea380b7e9cf56.jpg20230128_154641.thumb.jpg.c79bba1cbdfdee02a05b843aa2ca5f34.jpg

A question. I left this lying in a drawer and the battery leaked, knackering the movement. I don't think it's valuable but it has sentimental value. Could the movement be replaced? Is it worth it? Is there anyone in Scotland someone could recommend?

7 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

20230128_154801.thumb.jpg.668c1919c07d5995504ea380b7e9cf56.jpg20230128_154641.thumb.jpg.c79bba1cbdfdee02a05b843aa2ca5f34.jpg

A question. I left this lying in a drawer and the battery leaked, knackering the movement. I don't think it's valuable but it has sentimental value. Could the movement be replaced? Is it worth it? Is there anyone in Scotland someone could recommend?

In terms of value etc I don’t know but if you’re near Kilmarnock go to AJ Raeburn and get him to look at it. If it’s fixable he’ll be able to do it or tell you honestly if it’s fucked and going to cost a fortune. He may well be able to fix it using bits in the workshop as long as you’re happy for him to do so. 

11 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

Assuming it uses a 7N43 movement, a replacement movement is less than $22.

https://www.esslinger.com/genuine-seiko-quartz-watch-movement-7n43-day-and-date-3-00-overall-height-5-0mm/