Watches

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Love the blue on the rubber.

TUDOR Pelagos Rubber Blue 1

That photo makes the blue appear a lot darker than it actually is and I have to say the blue in this photo is much better.  It looks more like the blue shade of the Pelagos FXD (why did they make the lugs the way they did on the FXD)?

I’m going to live in hope that they introduce a navy blue Pelagos 39.

2 hours ago, Shadow Play said:

That photo makes the blue appear a lot darker than it actually is and I have to say the blue in this photo is much better.  It looks more like the blue shade of the Pelagos FXD (why did they make the lugs the way they did on the FXD)?

I’m going to live in hope that they introduce a navy blue Pelagos 39.

Proper tool watch mate, no place for fancy bracelets, nato only!

2 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Proper tool watch mate, no place for fancy bracelets, nato only!

I know what you mean but I’d still like option of changing the look with a bracelet or rubber strap.  Obviously not a leather strap - I’ve never understood dive watches on a leather strap.

i was watching Millionaire Pawn on one of the ITV channels last night and they had a guy come in who had been collecting watches  over the last 6 years. He had spent around £260k on them. looked to have about 10-12 on the tray.

He had been a pretty bad accident recently and had re-evaluated his life and wanted to sell the watches he had collected. you can image his face when the guy told him he would buy them from him for £525k.

1 hour ago, steelmen said:

i was watching Millionaire Pawn on one of the ITV channels last night and they had a guy come in who had been collecting watches  over the last 6 years. He had spent around £260k on them. looked to have about 10-12 on the tray.

He had been a pretty bad accident recently and had re-evaluated his life and wanted to sell the watches he had collected. you can image his face when the guy told him he would buy them from him for £525k.

Money to be made if you have the knowledge and connections.

Sticking on the theme of money, it would appear you can wear a rainbow coloured Rolex Daytona* at the World Cup but a rainbow coloured bucket hat is not allowed.

*stunning watch if you have a spare £125k ish and more importantly a minimum £500k+ (I’m guessing) previous spend at your AD and you pass the necessary assessment. 

The watch is valued at £500k pre owned though so not too shabby an investment.

F412E7E9-81D7-41F4-A353-E407E26ABC00.jpeg

21 minutes ago, Shadow Play said:

Money to be made if you have the knowledge and connections.

Sticking on the theme of money, it would appear you can wear a rainbow coloured Rolex Daytona* at the World Cup but a rainbow coloured bucket hat is not allowed.

*stunning watch if you have a spare £125k ish and more importantly a minimum £500k+ (I’m guessing) previous spend at your AD and you pass the necessary assessment. 

The watch is valued at £500k pre owned though so not too shabby an investment.

F412E7E9-81D7-41F4-A353-E407E26ABC00.jpeg

You'd need to be surrounded by heavy security every time you wore it outside.😎 I'd have ex Israeli special forces (4 of them)

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

You'd need to be surrounded by heavy security every time you wore it outside.😎 I'd have ex Israeli special forces (4 of them)

Thank you.

You’re not wrong Biggie, although Kane’s got Keane and Souness out in Qatar to protect him 🤣

Edited by Shadow Play

On 23/11/2022 at 20:13, Shadow Play said:

First of all the BB GMT is a great watch.  Congratulations.  I assume you haven’t been hit with the date change problem?  From what I can gather the issue seems to have been resolved.

If it were me I’d go for the Pelagos 39mm.  I tried one on at the Tudor Boutique in Glasgow a month or two ago and it is a great watch.  Unfortunately it wasn’t for sale and there is already a massive wait list.  

ETA have you looked at the other two Pelagos in the range? Both are 42mm (just like the LHD) and are readily available. 

Had the GMT for a couple of years now and no date issue thankfully!

Aye I’m between the LHD and the black 42mm probably. Don’t mind the blue but having the GMT I think I’d like something more plain.

4 hours ago, Bigmouth Strikes Again said:

Super fast delivery from Hong Kong, well impressed.

Now get your arses in gear and overthrow the communists.

seagull.thumb.jpg.eb11487e1a059f68fef572ac9d1a2476.jpg

Thank you.

"Smudger, who led the Chinese Communist Party to power in 1949?"

"MAO!"

"Thank you"

"Nae problem, cunto"

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/11/2022 at 15:52, die hard doonhamer said:

Kartel Cameron with a grey leather strap for regular use, and a black watch tartan strap for occasions. 

EF7C0177-F703-4C39-B3F6-EE1FFA169EDA.thumb.jpeg.2255c8db8949565249a67db783dfa570.jpegBA15D6BB-FF01-484C-A231-72996B17968D.thumb.jpeg.3e0c20b20f0340e07bec05ab6b3ff3db.jpeg

Did you enjoy the watch making experience? Is that the automatic one with the open case back?

I was there last week and picked up the Sinclair, square face, for something a bit different to what I’ve already got in my collection. Got it on an olive strap and also the steel bracelet. Really nice looking watch, and totally different to what I’d usually pick up. 

4 hours ago, Netan Sansara said:

Did you enjoy the watch making experience? Is that the automatic one with the open case back?

I was there last week and picked up the Sinclair, square face, for something a bit different to what I’ve already got in my collection. Got it on an olive strap and also the steel bracelet. Really nice looking watch, and totally different to what I’d usually pick up. 

Yep, that’s the one. I did enjoy the experience, it was interesting hearing the story, as much as going through the options. I suspect it won’t be the last watch I pick up from them.